Start by marking “Teach Yourself Swedish” as Want to Read:
Teach Yourself Swedish

Teach Yourself Swedish

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  5 reviews
A course suitable for anyone who wants to progress from the basics to understanding, speaking and writing Swedish with confidence.
Published October 1st 2004 by Hodder Education (first published August 17th 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Teach Yourself Swedish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teach Yourself Swedish

Christopher
When I began graduate studies at Helsingfors Universitet, I was keen on learning some Swedish. I examined a number of different resources, including TEACH YOURSELF SWEDISH, the most widely available self-teaching textbook in the English-speaking world. Unfortunately, Vera Croghan's work must be one of the poorest volumes in the entire Teach Yourself series.

I had already learnt some basic Swedish for another textbook before opening TEACH YOURSELF SWEDISH for the first time, and so I was shocked b
Harold
Having studied the language in college, I picked up this package (book & cd) to brush up on my conversational skills in preparation for a trip to Sweden. As a review for folks with some previous experience with Swedish, this set is excellent. However, if you're new to the language, I would suggest you start with another program as this one will immediately drop you into full dialogs after a somewhat brief and inadequate primer on pronunciation (the audio component will prove exceptionally di ...more
Stephanie
Used this to learn a bit of the language before moving there in 1999. I was surprised at how much I picked up by using this book alone. I still browse through this when I want to refresh my Swedish skills. Although not for everyone, I have enjoyed using the TY method and this book was my first venture into the series.
☯Bettie☯
Back to the start as my conversational skills are at zilch, or as near as damn it. Please note, if exclamation marks bother you then swedish is not the language for you.

Passet, tack! = Your passport please.
Samtal = dialogue
Passkontrollören = passport control
Varsågod = there we are/here it is/you are welcome
Varifån kommer ni? = Where are you from?
Vad har ni för yrke? = what is your occupation?
Ingenjör = engineer
Sekretare = secretary
Praktikant - trainee
Har ni varit i sverige förut? = have you been
Praveenmayakar
In the process of learning swedish...looks good from top view...
Stephen Charaton
Stephen Charaton marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Linda
Linda added it
Feb 27, 2015
Harvey
Harvey marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Jessica Claycomb
Jessica Claycomb marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Osamuyi Okpame
Osamuyi Okpame marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Juli
Juli marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Andrei Voitenko
Andrei Voitenko marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Marcel
Marcel is currently reading it
Dec 08, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Desiree
Desiree marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Sara
Sara added it
Oct 21, 2014
Dani
Dani added it
Oct 06, 2014
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Complete Swedish: Teach Yourself (Complete Languages) Lex:tra - Schwedisch - Sprachkurs Plus: Anfänger Complete Swedish: Audio Support (Teach Yourself Complete) Get Started In Swedish: Teach Yourself: Kindle Enhanced Edition (Teach Yourself Audio eBooks) Teach Yourself Complete Swedish (Teach Yourself Complete Courses)