Start by marking “Trápení (Sukuba, #1)” as Want to Read:
Trápení (Sukuba, #1)

Trápení (Georgina Kincaid #1)

3.94  ·  Rating Details ·  46,815 Ratings  ·  2,684 Reviews
Sukuba je nadpřirozená bytost, která smí po libosti měnit podobu a jediným jejím úkolem je svádět. Zní to tak lákavě! Dívka může být, kým chce, její šatník je nevyčerpatelný a smrtelní muži by udělali cokoli pro její pouhý dotek. No, vlastně za to platí svou duší, ale proč zacházet do přílišných podrobností?
Avšak život Georginy Kincaidové, sukuby ze Seattlu, není ani zdale
Published June 13th 2011 by Domino (first published February 27th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Trápení, please sign up.

Talia =^_^= No I don't think so. I'm pretty sure they are set in completely different settings.
Georgiee Yeah there is a main love interest through the whole series and some smaller love interests as well

Navessa
This is how I feel about this book…

When I first started reading this I thought “Thank the good lord” because reviewers whom I follow and adore all rated it highly. Also, I’ve been reading far too many YA-Contemporary/YA-PRs lately and this seemed like it would provide me with a much needed break. I thought it would clear my intellectual pallet of the sugar it’s been fed these past two weeks. Don’t get me wrong, sugar can be a good thing. Sometimes it’s just the pick me up I need. But too much of
Lola  Reviewer
Jul 06, 2014 Lola Reviewer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: UF, demons, angels and succubus fans.
**3.5 stars**

Meet succubus Georgina Kincaid:

description

Georgina Kincaid is a succubus, an immortal ''creature'' that feeds on other people's vital energy in order to survive. Most of the time, she does that during sex. Except for that detail about her, Georgina is a charismatic and easy going woman that works in a library. She's in fact quite an interesting and entertaining character.

The story kicks when an immortal powerful vampire is mysteriously and unexpectedly killed after having an argument with our
Popi G.
Apr 02, 2017 Popi G. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

“Love is rarely flawless,” Carter pointed out. “Humans delude themselves by thinking it has to be. It is the imperfection that makes love perfect.
Kat Kennedy
Mar 21, 2010 Kat Kennedy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book and I enjoyed that it, in a number of areas, was brave enough to break away from the stereotype that the paranormal urban romance genre is famous for.

On one hand, I enjoyed the plot, story and characters. It was paced well, easy to read, enjoyable. The characters were fresh, original in some regards and likable.

The great "reveal" was painfully easy to guess and I had suspected it from the beginning, but I feel that the writing style and characters made up for this lack
Aestas Book Blog
3.5 stars.

This gif represents EXACTLY how I felt about this book... I was eager to start it, I found it a little tough to get into though, I struggled (with convincing myself to keep going) midway through, but at the end everything started happening really fast and suddenly I was finished it lol

I read this book on several glowing recommendations from trusted readers who compared it to the Fever and Night Huntress series (both of which are among my fav PNR/UFs so I was pretty excited to start it.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
You know you don't like a book when you would rather fold laundry than pick it up again.

As I was struggling with this book yesterday, I was thinking, "Maybe I have some dishes to do or something? What chores can I do?" Not a good sign.

**Some mild spoilers ahead**

Most people love this book so feel free to ignore me. In all fairness, I had read some really good urban fantasy books right before this one so I was coming off a huge UF high when I picked this up. And it did not measure up. At all.

Le
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
“We all have moments of weakness. It’s how we recover from them that really counts.”

Georgina isn't your typical succubus. Disliking what she is, she mainly focuses on "feeding" from men without as much of a conscience (like her boss), but doesn't have to slaughter them like succubus of legend. When working in the bookstore as a manager, she meets her favorite author, starts dating a new man in town, and works with other paranormals to figure out who is offing powerful paranormals in the city.
Tatiana
Apr 30, 2009 Tatiana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who don't mind reading about characters that they can't respect

I read Succubus Blues first over 2 years ago and liked it A LOT. Since then Mead embarked on a money-making trip and managed to completely ruin Vampire Academy for me. The latest Succubus book was meh as well. (Her Dark Swan books are not even worth mentioning IMO.) I started questioning myself - were Mead's books ever good? Or I simply liked them because this series was one of my first encounters with fresh then genre of urban fantasy?

Good news, Succubus Blues is still great entertainm
Anzu The Great Destroyer
WARNING! The following review is not supposed to make any sense. If, through an unholy miracle, it does make sense then you should consult a doctor at once. You might have an evil cotton candy monster living in your brain.

After a failed attempt with The Blood That Bonds, Anzu decides to go for something else in the Urban Fantasy genre. Since she is such a sadistic person she goes for Succubus Blues, another book she was sure she will hate. Deep inside she was still hoping to be proven wrong.

Anz
Ash Wednesday
May 13, 2013 Ash Wednesday rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Someone. Anyone. Everyone. And the stragglers in between.
Sometimes you wake up from a dream. Sometimes you wake up in a dream. And sometimes, every once in while, you wake up in someone else's dream.

1.21.14 BUDDY RE-READ WITH ROBIN, BAILEY AND TANDIE

I almost want to up-rate this to a 5.

So very different the second time around. The palpable silences, the knowing looks passed between Carter and Jerome, Carter's odd, quizzical looks at Georgie, Jerome's pregnant pauses... The book in itself was predictable the first time around, but once you've k
Stacia (the 2010 club)
***RE-read July 2011 as a buddy read with the TPR girls***

I am giving Succubus Blues a higher rating the second time after realizing that the first time I read the book, I had come down off a high from one of my favorites and was way too hard on this one. Even though I enjoyed SB the first time and did consider it to be about a 3 to 3.5, I enjoyed it much more the second time around after knowing the series and characters better (and was able to skim the world building trap of book 1). 4 plus st
Sh3lly ✨ Bring on the Weird ✨
This is a book I added back when I first joined GRs. I had read it at a time when I was just getting into paranormal romance and urban fantasy. I had not read anything else by Richelle Mead. So this review is way after the fact, but I still remember it fairly well, so thought I'd write a brief review.

I won't recap it because you can get that info anywhere. It's basically a succubus who isn't evil (she's decaffeinated) and about her romantic life and her skirmishes with other demon types who are
Alkyoni
Oct 17, 2011 Alkyoni rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alkyoni by: I liked VA

Georgina Kincaid, Succubus, is leading a lonely life having traded her mortality for eternal youth and beauty and let’s just not get into the reasons why. In order to survive she gets the life force out of humans that she’s having sex with, but being a Succubus with a conscience she only does the low lives, hating the idea of damning the souls of good men. She is unable of forming meaningful romantic relationships with men that she actually likes since even a kiss would suck a considerable amoun
Emily May
Mar 17, 2011 Emily May rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal-uf, 2011

I liked this book a lot more than I imagined I would. I'm not really a hardcore urban fantasy fan, I much prefer series like this with the softer, chick-lit style writing complete with witty dialogue and hot immortal men. Georgina Kincaid is a very likeable heroine, not a pretentious do-gooder but nice enough that you care about what happens to her.

This first novel in the series is full of steamy sex, hilariously quotable writing and a supernatural mystery to form the background plot. What more
Lainey
Jan 28, 2016 Lainey rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It's these kinds of books that make me wish Goodreads let me do half star ratings.

This was just ok. I actually found myself very bored during it. It was just... ok.
All the plot twists - I saw them all, but that didn't take away from my reading experience, I just couldn't see how Georgina couldn't see them. Also, what the hell, how misleading was that synopsis?

My favorite character was Seth. How he spoke, wrote, everything was really fascinating to me. He's the only reason why I struggled with th
Elle
SEX ANYONE?

Well, you're in luck.
Oodles of it in these books.

But aside from all the glorious filth, there is also much laughter to be had with this series.
Once again we are introduced to another of Richelle Meads' baddass heroines, Georgina. Who manages to rid the city of various demons, evils, etc. whilst maintaining an equally baddass sex life.

[image error]

I ask you. What more do we need?
Regina
The first book introducing readers to the world of Georgina Kincaid is just good old fashioned urban fantasy fun. The world building is not intense nor is it complicated. The mystery is easy to figure out and many of the characters act in a predictable way. But damn, this is the most fun I have had reading an urban fantasy book in a long time. The story is told from the point of view of Georgina and she is a succubus with a conscience (supposedly). She loves sex, loves male attention, but misses ...more
Kim
Urban fantasy books are always difficult for me. Whenever I see a shelf of those in a store, I look at a few titles and hope something will look interesting. They seldomly do, because all these books are the same to me: Hot heroine with at least one guy on every finger. (I blame this on Anita Blake, who I liked, at first, but after a while I got so bored with her books and, I'm glad I did because, apparently, I stopped reading before the completely messed up books came.)

But back to the sassy her
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
ETA: I have finally lost it. Worry not MacHalos, we are not going to read this book. It's Pleasure Unbound we will be BRing on Oct. 16. I'm hopeless, I know.

BR with my MacHalo Freaks starting Oct. 16, 2015.

Because surely there must be non-crappy, non-suicide-inducing PNR out there.

Blah blah blah thread
Lindsey Rey
Dec 27, 2014 Lindsey Rey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, paranormal, 2015
[4.5 Stars]

Absolutely loved this! I predicted the twist really early on, but that didn't hinder my experience in any way. Can't wait to read the sequel!
Geo Marcovici
Mar 30, 2017 Geo Marcovici rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolut superba!
It was ok...not sure if I'll be continuing with the series.
Kait
Oct 05, 2008 Kait rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Heather, Christine, Crystal
Oh man. I read this book in about 5 hours. I was expecting a vapid "hi, I have a lot of sex, watch me boink all these men" kind of story. At first, I honestly thought it would be, when Georgie started to talk about her designer shoes (note to authors: women don't care about designer shoes as much as you think. Stop mentioning them!), but I really got hooked when we, the readers, meet Seth. After that, I couldn't put this book down.

I don't really have a lot of criticism for this book. The cover i
Caro M.
Look, Georgina, it's nothing personal... Really. It's not you, it's me...
Haha, just kidding! It's you. You suck.
DNF at 25%. Bye!
Marga
Actual Rating: 3.5/5 stars

Georgina did something terrible in her life that she made a deal with the devil to be a succubus in order for the people she wronged to forget about her. And they did. Their memories was totally wiped out.

I don't know what is a succubus though. So I went on Google to search what a succubus was and they are like immortal, evil creatures who seduces men in their sleep to absorve energi
~Tina~
Already a huge fan of Mead's Vampire Academy, I wasn't sure how I'd take her Urban Fantasy series since I've never been a huge fan of it really. Leave it to Richelle Mead to change all that and have this sensational masterpiece hit my favorites shelf!
I don't know how Mead does it, like the first VA book it was a slow go in the beginning and this one was the same way for me, but then out of know where your hooked to ever word, every character and it was impossible to put down.
I really should have
Christy LoveOfBooks
Sep 25, 2011 Christy LoveOfBooks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook

I started the Elemental Assassins series not too long ago, but I’m still not enthusiastic about it three books in. So, I decided to try my luck with a different UF series. Turns out I already had Succubus Blues on my Kindle and in audio from a few years ago. Total fate! I decided to go with audio, which was a great decision. I hadn’t even made it 20% in before I knew this would be the next series I’ll indulge in. The bonus is the series is complete, so I have five more installments to enjoy at
Angela

10/10/2012: $1.00 on Kindle
10/2/2012: $2.99 on Kindle
Nic
Oct 06, 2009 Nic rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book I ever read by Richelle Mead and I loved it instantly.
Succubus Blue is one fantastic book. It is full of witty characters who you will fall in love with, deliciously hot romance and plenty of twists and turns you never see coming.
This story is about Georgina Kincaid who works for hell. She is succubus an alluring shape shifting demon who seduces mens while sucking life force from them as payment to hell. She much prefers her day job as a manager of a local bookstore in S
Summer
Succubus Blues is about Georgina Kincaid, a very reluctant succubus. She was born human but traded her soul to a devil to pay for a mistake she made. Ever since she became a succubus she hasn't really liked it. She's good at the seducing and sucking their life energy part, but she doesn't enjoy it. She's been sticking to sucking life energy only from souls of bad or sinful people. She's managed to make a few friends along the way however, and she's currently posing as a human working at a local ...more
For Love of a Book: Georgina Kincaid 7 22 Apr 12, 2017 06:30AM
Around the Year i...: Succubus Blues, by Richelle Mead 1 13 Jan 20, 2016 04:00AM
Is there anything similar to the Georgina Kincaid series? 9 142 Aug 27, 2014 06:22AM
Pancake Sex Book ...: Discussion *Spoilers* 1 8 Jun 18, 2014 01:55PM
Urban Fantasy ser...: December BOTM: SUCCUBUS BLUES by Richelle Mead 5 26 Jan 11, 2014 02:00AM
  • Eternal Lover (Hell on Earth, #2.5; Georgina Kincaid, #2.5)
  • Double Cross (The Disillusionists Trilogy, #2)
  • Gentlemen Prefer Succubi (Succubus Diaries, #1)
  • A Brush of Darkness (Abby Sinclair, #1)
  • Shift (Shifters, #5)
  • City of Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #3)
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • Claimed By Shadow (Cassandra Palmer, #2)
  • Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4)
  • Autumn Bones (Agent of Hel, #2)
  • Tracking the Tempest (Jane True, #2)
  • Blood of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #2)
  • Grave Witch (Alex Craft, #1)
  • Ill Wind (Weather Warden, #1)

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away f
More about Richelle Mead...

Georgina Kincaid (6 books)
  • Succubus on Top (Georgina Kincaid, #2)
  • Succubus Dreams (Georgina Kincaid, #3)
  • Succubus Heat (Georgina Kincaid, #4)
  • Succubus Shadows (Georgina Kincaid, #5)
  • Succubus Revealed (Georgina Kincaid, #6)

“Sometimes you wake up from a dream. Sometimes you wake up in a dream. And sometimes, every once in a while, you wake up in someone else's dream. ” 1869 likes
“Well, that depends, I suppose. I heard someone once say that men dance the same way they have sex. So, if you want everyone here to think you're the kind of guy who just sits around and—"
He stood up. "Let's dance.”
778 likes