Start by marking “Office Politics” as Want to Read:
Office Politics

Office Politics (Harper & Lyttle #1)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  118 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Malaria is nothing a good dose of quinine can’t handle.

At least that’s what software training specialist Frannie Freeman thinks when her vile office manager Malia — aka Malaria — unexpectedly marries their boss Sam, with whom Frannie has been in love for years. Certain it’s only a matter of time before Sam comes to his senses, she hides her heartbreak behind sarcastic humo
Published June 29th 2011 by Running Ink Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Office Politics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Office Politics

Lauralynn Elliott
I really, really enjoyed reading this book. It was packed full of humor, but at the same time, addressed real issues. I found myself laughing my head off at the funny situations Frannie got into, but I also felt her pain. This book kept me entertained the whole time I was reading it, and I found it hard to put down. Sharon Gerlach has shown, once again, that she has a great writing style that can keep a reader hooked and begging for more.
Christel Grady
Ahhh...the book that spawned a great friendship! Sharon and I met on The Writer's Cafe back in 2007. Or 2008? I honestly can't remember, but it was this book that got me through endless stagnant hours in my own personal cube farm. Sharon and I immediately hit it off, and I was lucky enough to become one of her most treasured beta-readers. I've probably read this book no less than 5 times. Recently, I read it again, right before publishing, with a few added scenes. And I still love it?! To me, th ...more
Jackie Chanel
I really enjoyed this book. It was definitely Laugh out Loud funny. I spend 40+ hours a week sitting in a cubicle enduring the office politics that seem to be the same in office environments everywhere. My cubicle mates and I enjoyed reading different parts of this book and replacing different characters with our co-workers.
Angie
I was surprised with how good this book really was. I downloaded it on a whim thinking I would eventually get to it. I loved this book! It had enough of everything readers like to keep us on our toes and turning pages.
McKayla
Tons of LOL moments and the main character often wanders in thought much like myself. And this ones a long one. Not long enough to gripe when will it be over but just right.
Fiona (Titch) Hunt
What a hilarious kind of book. A good pick me up and reading about Office Politics and things in a light-hearted way.
Chris
I gave this 4 stars because the story was really good and sucked me in, but I'm not sure if "really liked it" conveys my feelings correctly. I would have to say my issue is the romance while married aspect. I understand for the story's sake that there were a lot of extenuating circumstances, but I still am not fully comfortable with The Other Woman aspect of this novel. I have to say that this has a Lifetime movie feel to it. I will stand by my 4 stars and say that the story is really good. If y ...more
Crystal Yawn
This review is from: Office Politics (Harper & Lyttle Series) (Kindle Edition)
I read this after the second one. This was great. Once i got into the first person pov (not my normal preference) i enjoyed both books. The unbelievable things fanny goes through on her way to winning Sam are hilarious. Malaria is a great evil woman. Great book all around. Someone compared it to a blog and I'll agree with that. The trials and errors of Fannie. I like how the happy ever after is not a guarantee in e
Jan
I HATE reading series out of order! Until the last couple of years I wouldn't even do it. To go back and read a previous book after reading a latter drains all the tension from the story. I already knew how Frannie Freeman and Sam Harrison's office romance ended up as I read The Secret Dreams of Sarah-Jane Quinn first. It was readable and was interesting to see some of the characters in their earlier lives, but again, the suspense just wasn't there. I recommend starting this frothy series from t ...more
Trina
This book is hilarious! So much drama..
A must read for anyone who works in an office environment.

(view spoiler)

Therefore, even tho I love the heroine,
Sherri Moorer
I usually don't read romance. Generally, I find it silly and unrealistic. But I must admit that this book broke the mold. It had enough suspense and intrigue to keep me reading, and wondering what would happen next. I liked it, and definitely recommend it.
JoAnne
This was a free ebook and a cute story but long with lots of angst, romance, tears, laughter and office politics. The story itself involved a lot of characters that were sometimes hard to keep straight. There was the requisite happily ever afters and nice closure. Look forward to reading other books by Gerlach since I haven't read any of her books before.
N.L. Gervasio
Since I'm the editor, I can't review this book. However, I can leave a comment:

I am so happy that some inspiration could come from my being roofied. You're welcome for my horrible experience. *grins*

That said, if you haven't read this book, do so. It's a delightful read!
Oonagh
Another good read from Sharon. Looking forward to the third in this series.... I read the first two out of series by accident but thoroughly enjoyed them both.
Doyle MacBrayne
Hilarious! I loved this book. It is a wonderful read, especially for those days when you need a giggle, and aren't looking to solve the world's problems.
Heidi
Fun easy read with just a touch of romance. Enjoyed the book and will read the next one too!
Ronda
Totally enjoyed this series! Love the author's writing style and sense of humor.
Kim
Really liked this book. Great read.
Janice
Another fun read.
Ashley Page
Ashley Page marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Victoria Pendergrass
Victoria Pendergrass marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Maureen
Maureen marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Syedmananshah Gillani
Syedmananshah Gillani marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Ken
Ken marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
  • Rhubarb
  • Smitten at First Sight: A Contemporary Romance Novel
  • Hot Gossip
  • Delilah's Flame
  • On the Line (Hidden Cove Firefighters, #2)
  • Edith
  • Bad Girl Lessons
  • The Wary Widow (Wetherby Brides, #3)
  • Planning for Love (Aisle Bound, #1)
  • Bronwyn's Stand
  • Wild Ride (Changing Gears, #1)
  • Avenging Angel
  • Betting Hearts (Rancho Del Cielo, #1)
  • Trade Winds
  • A Bed of Thorns and Roses
  • The Princess' Dragon Lord
  • Sourdough Wars (Rebecca Schwartz, #2)
  • Reckless for Cowboy (Stampede Sizzler, #2)
I am a writer. Enough said. ;-)

I love to hear from my readers what worked for them and what didn't in my writing.

Also, if you'd like me to read & review your book, please let me know.
More about Sharon Gerlach...

Harper & Lyttle (2 books)
  • The Secret Dreams of Sarah-Jane Quinn
The Secret Dreams of Sarah-Jane Quinn The Wyckham House Malakh Condemned (The Devil's Mansion Book 2)