Start by marking “Office Politics” as Want to Read:
Office Politics

Office Politics (Harper & Lyttle #1)

3.91  ·  Rating Details  ·  127 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Malaria is nothing a good dose of quinine can’t handle.

At least that’s what software training specialist Frannie Freeman thinks when her vile office manager Malia — aka Malaria — unexpectedly marries their boss Sam, with whom Frannie has been in love for years. Certain it’s only a matter of time before Sam comes to his senses, she hides her heartbreak behind sarcastic humo
Published June 29th 2011 by Running Ink Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Office Politics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Office Politics

Lauralynn Elliott
Jul 30, 2011 Lauralynn Elliott rated it it was amazing
I really, really enjoyed reading this book. It was packed full of humor, but at the same time, addressed real issues. I found myself laughing my head off at the funny situations Frannie got into, but I also felt her pain. This book kept me entertained the whole time I was reading it, and I found it hard to put down. Sharon Gerlach has shown, once again, that she has a great writing style that can keep a reader hooked and begging for more.
Christel Grady
Jul 07, 2011 Christel Grady rated it it was amazing
Ahhh...the book that spawned a great friendship! Sharon and I met on The Writer's Cafe back in 2007. Or 2008? I honestly can't remember, but it was this book that got me through endless stagnant hours in my own personal cube farm. Sharon and I immediately hit it off, and I was lucky enough to become one of her most treasured beta-readers. I've probably read this book no less than 5 times. Recently, I read it again, right before publishing, with a few added scenes. And I still love it?! To me, th ...more
Jackie Chanel
Jan 16, 2012 Jackie Chanel rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was definitely Laugh out Loud funny. I spend 40+ hours a week sitting in a cubicle enduring the office politics that seem to be the same in office environments everywhere. My cubicle mates and I enjoyed reading different parts of this book and replacing different characters with our co-workers.
Angie
Apr 04, 2012 Angie rated it it was amazing
I was surprised with how good this book really was. I downloaded it on a whim thinking I would eventually get to it. I loved this book! It had enough of everything readers like to keep us on our toes and turning pages.
McKayla
Feb 24, 2013 McKayla rated it really liked it
Tons of LOL moments and the main character often wanders in thought much like myself. And this ones a long one. Not long enough to gripe when will it be over but just right.
Fiona (Titch) Hunt
What a hilarious kind of book. A good pick me up and reading about Office Politics and things in a light-hearted way.
Chris
May 31, 2012 Chris rated it really liked it
I gave this 4 stars because the story was really good and sucked me in, but I'm not sure if "really liked it" conveys my feelings correctly. I would have to say my issue is the romance while married aspect. I understand for the story's sake that there were a lot of extenuating circumstances, but I still am not fully comfortable with The Other Woman aspect of this novel. I have to say that this has a Lifetime movie feel to it. I will stand by my 4 stars and say that the story is really good. If y ...more
Crystal Yawn
Jun 14, 2013 Crystal Yawn rated it it was amazing
This review is from: Office Politics (Harper & Lyttle Series) (Kindle Edition)
I read this after the second one. This was great. Once i got into the first person pov (not my normal preference) i enjoyed both books. The unbelievable things fanny goes through on her way to winning Sam are hilarious. Malaria is a great evil woman. Great book all around. Someone compared it to a blog and I'll agree with that. The trials and errors of Fannie. I like how the happy ever after is not a guarantee in e
Jan
Apr 13, 2013 Jan rated it liked it
I HATE reading series out of order! Until the last couple of years I wouldn't even do it. To go back and read a previous book after reading a latter drains all the tension from the story. I already knew how Frannie Freeman and Sam Harrison's office romance ended up as I read The Secret Dreams of Sarah-Jane Quinn first. It was readable and was interesting to see some of the characters in their earlier lives, but again, the suspense just wasn't there. I recommend starting this frothy series from t ...more
Trina
Jun 03, 2012 Trina rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars
This book is hilarious! So much drama..
A must read for anyone who works in an office environment.

(view spoiler)

Therefore, even tho I love the heroine,
Sherri Moorer
Jan 11, 2014 Sherri Moorer rated it really liked it
I usually don't read romance. Generally, I find it silly and unrealistic. But I must admit that this book broke the mold. It had enough suspense and intrigue to keep me reading, and wondering what would happen next. I liked it, and definitely recommend it.
JoAnne
Apr 06, 2012 JoAnne rated it liked it
This was a free ebook and a cute story but long with lots of angst, romance, tears, laughter and office politics. The story itself involved a lot of characters that were sometimes hard to keep straight. There was the requisite happily ever afters and nice closure. Look forward to reading other books by Gerlach since I haven't read any of her books before.
N.L. Gervasio
Feb 26, 2012 N.L. Gervasio rated it it was amazing
Since I'm the editor, I can't review this book. However, I can leave a comment:

I am so happy that some inspiration could come from my being roofied. You're welcome for my horrible experience. *grins*

That said, if you haven't read this book, do so. It's a delightful read!
Oonagh
Mar 13, 2013 Oonagh rated it liked it
Another good read from Sharon. Looking forward to the third in this series.... I read the first two out of series by accident but thoroughly enjoyed them both.
Doyle MacBrayne
Apr 28, 2012 Doyle MacBrayne rated it it was amazing
Hilarious! I loved this book. It is a wonderful read, especially for those days when you need a giggle, and aren't looking to solve the world's problems.
Your Need To Read
Jul 04, 2012 Your Need To Read rated it really liked it
Shelves: jesi
Heidi
May 07, 2012 Heidi rated it really liked it
Fun easy read with just a touch of romance. Enjoyed the book and will read the next one too!
Ronda
Apr 01, 2013 Ronda rated it it was amazing
Totally enjoyed this series! Love the author's writing style and sense of humor.
Kim
Jan 06, 2012 Kim rated it it was amazing
Really liked this book. Great read.
Janice
Mar 04, 2013 Janice rated it liked it
Another fun read.
Jennyliu
Jennyliu marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Carrie
Carrie added it
Feb 04, 2016
Yvonne
Yvonne marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Auntie Sherry
Auntie Sherry marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Ann Warner
Ann Warner rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2016
Jennifer Kuppinger
Jennifer Kuppinger rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Izzie Davis
Izzie Davis rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Lukasz Kujawa
Lukasz Kujawa rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2015
Anna Kocur
Anna Kocur rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Delilah's Flame
  • Hot Gossip
  • Rhubarb
  • Smitten at First Sight
  • Brenin
  • Bad Girl Lessons (Gresham County, #1)
  • A Bed of Thorns and Roses
  • Trade Winds
  • Wild Ride (Changing Gears, #1)
  • The Mistress' House
  • Secrets to Winning at Office Politics: How to Achieve Your Goals and Increase Your Influence at Work
  • The Lady of the Storm (The Elven Lords, #2)
  • Donovan's Angel (Donovan's of the Delta #1)
  • Her Last Temptation
  • Dirty Little Secrets
  • Ice Cracker II (The Emperor's Edge #1.5)
  • Burners (A Jack Daniels/Alex Chapa mystery, #2)
  • Buried Secrets
I am a writer. Enough said. ;-)

I love to hear from my readers what worked for them and what didn't in my writing.
More about Sharon Gerlach...

Harper & Lyttle (2 books)
  • The Secret Dreams of Sarah-Jane Quinn