Start by marking “Letters From My Sister: On Love, Life and Hair Removal” as Want to Read:
Letters From My Sister: On Love, Life and Hair Removal

Letters From My Sister: On Love, Life and Hair Removal

2.82 of 5 stars 2.82  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Letters From My Sister is a collection of correspondence between two sisters whose offbeat adventures and observations run the gamut from men to careers to hair removal, earning an endorsement from the The New York Times’ City section editor as “a warm slice of life on the edge, with an edge.”

Nobody escapes a good kick in the "tuchos" as they lovingly ridicule everyone in
Published (first published December 5th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Letters From My Sister, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Letters From My Sister

Lisa
Cute book and sometimes charming. I don't have a sister but it seemed like the were always trying to one-up on another. It seemed to lack authenticity sometimes. For example, some things appeared contrived or just too well written to have been in a personal, non-edited letter. Good light read.
Karen
I must be 30 years too old for this.
Rosa
Great if you want a light read with lots of laughs! There was a lot that you could relate to about relationships & life in general! You often couldn't just leave one letter until you found out what happened next, in the next correspondence. Definitely a book for the ladies!!
Tanya Swann
Loved this book. Lighthearted and truly a conversation between two sisters. I have two of my own and this book so reminded me of talks we had before we all got married. The real conversations you have so rarely as an unguarded adult.
Alison  Johnson
Not one of my favorites but when I read it while at work, my co-workers wondered why I kept getting the giggles :-). Parts of the book were hilarious. Glad I read it but it won't be a twice-read book.
Vicki
Forced myself to read at least half of the book...couldn't go on. It has it's funny moments, but not enough to hold my attention.
Trish Bodine
Pretty good. It is how I imagine sisters would talk to each other as they enter adulthood and friendship.
Jessica
funny, light read. good for vacation or when you don't have extended periods for reading. entertaining.
Zuzana Vojtkova
Can totally relate to both sisters. Good read.
Carly
Super funny but no plot, climax etc. Reminded me of texts between my friends and I discussing our latest observations.
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Erin
Erin added it
Mar 11, 2015
Terry
Terry marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Jacquelyn Benet
Jacquelyn Benet marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Penny
Penny marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Jay Johnson
Jay Johnson marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Kari
Kari marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Tevis
Tevis added it
Dec 01, 2014
  • Miracle For Jen: A Tragic Accident, A Mother's Desperate Prayer, And Heaven's Extraordinary Answer
  • Out of Harm's Way
  • The Letter: My Journey Through Love, Loss, and Life
  • Between a Clutch and a Hard Place (Myrtle Crumb, #1)
  • Days of Derangement: Sidesplitting Stories from a Loopy Life
  • Millicent Marie Is Not My Name
  • Journey Across the Four Seas: A Chinese Woman's Search for Home
  • Beset: The Pursuit of Happiness in Times of Crisis
  • A Woman Who Trusts God: Finding the Peace You Long for
  • Life Without Parole: Justice Being Served or Not, Being a Victim Carries Its Own Life Sentence. Serving Life in a Prison No One Knows about
  • Schooled: How the System Breaks Teachers
Shag's Zodiac: Offbeat Adventures in Astrology Shag's Little Book of Love: Dating, Mating, and Mischief Making Letters from My Sister: On Life, Love and Hair Removal The Pink Panther Entertains: Cocktails and Appetizers for the Purrfect Party