Start by marking “The Count's Challenge ” as Want to Read:
The Count's Challenge

The Count's Challenge

3.0 of 5 stars 3.00  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Struggling chef Gwen flew to France to fulfill her dreams—she'd rather work herself into the ground than return to her smothering family. But all her determination can't help her resist the intense gaze of Count Etienne Moreau.…

After an explosive night, Etienne wants to keep Gwen by his side, and in his bed—she's the perfect antidote to cold-blooded business deals. But pro
Paperback, Large Print
Published July 1st 2011 by Harlequin (first published April 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Count's Challenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Count's Challenge

C. McKenzie
Dec 19, 2011 C. McKenzie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance Readers
This is a story about a love affair between a struggling, but excellent chef (Gwen Williams) and a powerful, but damaged and intriguing count. (Etienne Moreau). Their one-night fling becomes increasingly complicated by their combative personalities, and then the surprising discovery of Gwen's pregnancy.

I have to be honest and say that I visited a blog and won this book. I also have to admit that this is the first romance story I've ever read, so I have nothing in this category to compare it to
Vashti
The Count's Challenge was an OK read for me, not the best,not the worst read.2.5***** rating.The h was a chef/owner of a French restaurant in France and the H is the Count of the town that he is named after.She is catering an affair at her resturant for his stepmother and they lock eyes across a crowded room and it takes of from there,nothing new.
Nas Dean

THE COUNT’S CHALLENGE, Harlequin Presents Extra by author Christina Hollis is an amazing story releasing in July 2011.

Gwen is the owner of an upscale restaurant but due to being ditched by her business partner is in financial difficulties. She works herself to exhaustion doing the work of three people.

When she meets the intense gaze of Count Etienne Moreau across the crowded restaurant, she momentarily forgets her obligations. She finds it hard to resist his compelling gaze.

After he gives her a
Tia
The hero was pretty selfish in this book.

The heroine and hero met while the heroine was training to be a chef. He gets her pregnant but only wanted her as a mistress. Her personality clashes with her and passion ensues. Finally the hero gets his way, really not giving a damn about the heroines feelings.

/facepalm. Yeah the book is great but damn frustrating.
Shen
I didn't fall in love with the characters in this book. I just didn't get wrapped up in the story and swept away, and that is what I read romance novels to do. I found myself putting the book down and forcing myself to go back to it. Glad it's over. Donating this one to the library.
Mourning_elf
harlequin,,hmm the story indifferent, haha
Netanella
I tried it, but not my cup of tea.
Paula
Paula added it
Aug 07, 2015
JR
JR marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
D. Wong
D. Wong marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Lyndsay
Lyndsay marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Asteropê
Asteropê marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Mtld
Mtld added it
Sep 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
I've been reading and writing all my life, and January 2007 saw the paperback publication of my first Mills and Boon Modern Romance, The Italian Billionaire's Virgin. I really hope you enjoy my books!

I love romance, and meeting my husband on a blind date was one of the best things that has ever happened to me. We live in Gloucestershire, England, with our son, daughter, varying numbers of livestoc
More about Christina Hollis...
Pregnant by the Italian Count The Tuscan Tycoon's Pregnant Housekeeper Her Ruthless Italian Boss (Harlequin Presents Extra: Hired: for the Boss's Pleasure) The Ruthless Italian's Inexperienced Wife One Night In His Bed