Start by marking “THE LAZARUS STRAIN” as Want to Read:
THE LAZARUS STRAIN

THE LAZARUS STRAIN (Dr Steven Dunbar #6)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  284 ratings  ·  33 reviews
When the Crick Research Institute is broken into, the police believe that it was Animal Rights activists taking things a step too far. But one of the Institute's top scientists, Tim Devon, is found brutally murdered and six research monkeys have been let loose. No one seems to know exactly what the monkeys were being used for and government officials arrive a little too pr ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about THE LAZARUS STRAIN, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about THE LAZARUS STRAIN

S.R.R. Colvin
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I was reading another book when this one arrived, but when I flipped through it and read the prologue, I was hooked and had to finish The Lazarus Strain.

The book is edge-of-your-seat and surprised me at the end. Awesome read!

(A note on the books I've read and the ratings I give. All the books that I read have gone through a preliminary screening because my time is limited and I have to make the most of it. So, its potential to succeed with me is very high before I

Enjoyable but predictable
Anand
Another Ken McClure novel that absolutely entertained, gripped, thrilled and pleasured me. It has a prologue that is so informative (non-fictional), that the price of the book could be justified solely for it.

As with the author's writing, it is simple, lucid, classical and very smooth. I keep repeating this in most of my reviews of his books, and say so again that his style of English prose writing is something that almost seems to be a misfit for a thriller, and yet it does its job with elan. T
Cherei
The Intelligence community really REALLY needs to read, 'The Lazarus Strain'! The author did a fantastic job of setting up a plot that is entirely possible.. to be carried out.. because of the "protect your hiney at any cost" attitude of all elected officials and government bureaucrats.

The story is about a police officer who is trying to solve what appears to be an animal rights group attack gone wild.. on a medical research facility. The research facility carries out medical tests on live anim
Oscar
Shelley
Dr Steven Dunbar is frustrated by the heinous murder and the trashing of a science facility in Norfolk, UK. Who did it?, why did they do it? forms the main questions of the story which becomes more complicated each time he thinks everything is resolved.
Easy to follow plot, even with turns and blind alleys, this is the first Dunbar book I have read and I found it to be an enjoyable thriller. I don't think I will go back to earlier books now that I know where he is in his personal life, but will
Kath Middleton
What a brilliantly written thriller this is. The story is convincing and the action takes place over a just a few months which allows for a build up of tension. There are scientists found murdered, embarrassed government officials trying not to let information out, terrorist, the lot. The author is a medical scientist and the work is clothed in great conviction but is easily within the non-specialist's understanding. The writing is fluent and the whole story is totally absorbing. I have never re ...more
JC
Steven Dunbar must figure out who is behind a recent break in at an animal research facility and work to stop them from what may be the worst terrorist attack of all time. This book doesn't slow down from a minute from the very first page and the writing style is very engaging. I haven't read any other novels in the series or by McClure, but after this enjoyable read, I definitely will.
Melissa
A very enjoyable Medical thriller! Did figure out the whodunit until very late in the book and that makes it a good read to me! Although, I will say, that once I did figure out it was kinda like Dunbar -- come duh you should have this figured out now :) I will definitely be looking for more in this Steve Dunbar series!
Sandi

This is the 6th book in the Steven Dunbar series by Ken McClure. I have read 1 - 6. I just downloaded #7 to my kindle yesterday and as with the Lazarus strain I already can't put it down.
Jerry lewis
Very good reading. Slow at time. But came across as a book to read. Had to stick with it at time wanted to stop reading but the beginning and end provide lots of twist.
Amy Rogers
3 star science thriller (top 50% of the genre). The 1918 influenza virus is BAAAACK...and bioterrorists have it. For my full review, see ScienceThrillers.com
Alan
This book was absorbing. It sucked me rite in. Great story telling, a must read for those who enjoy being left in the dark at every turn.
Alan Williams
This medical thriller will keep you guessing until the very end. Even when you think you have it sussed, the twists keep coming.
Ruth
I enjoyed this book very much. the ending was a surprise to me. I would recommend it to anyone who likes crime stories'
Psionmark
My first read of this author. Enjoyable stuff - in fact I finished it in a week which is good going for me!
Teresa
Excellent fun with many twists though I'd worked it out by half way through.
Carol Scotman
Loved it, Steven Dunbar stories always have a twist and he always gets his man!
Kay
medical mystery
Gunnar
Solved the mystery at about the 30% mark, well before the detective. Believable scenario and realistic action, although not as much as I'd expect from a thriller. Actually, it felt more like a medically inclined police procedural. Three stars is the best I can give it.
Paliden
This book was very good and very plausible. I enjoyed the fact that the story stays close enough to reality to be a possibility. I also enjoyed the twists that this book gave. I did figure it out before the end but still enjoyed it very much.
Julie Szuster
Actually I enjoyed this book although it Got a bit boring at some Point, because I was able to guess the end of it. McClure did a great job with Dunbar character, The doctor is exactly the way I would have imagined him. Anyway, nice book for one time read.
Dave TN
I really enjoyed this novel. It is the first one I have read by this author, but won't be the last. Like others have said, I saw the ending well in advance, but wasn't completely sure until I was close to the end. So glad Anand, one of my Goodreads friends, recommended this to me. I highly recommend this to anyone that likes medical thrillers.
Lynda
Really liked this book. Decided to NOT read it at night. That's a hint.
Note: This book is set in England.
Libby Sellers
Really well written and completely plausible medical thriller.
The rating on a movie would probable be either PG13 or R. There is no sex but there are about 28 "F" words . Very good Author. I found out it is the 6th in a series but it wasn't apparent in reading it to me.
Cloakndagger
I really wanted to like this book. It had all the right elements of a very good story. But I found the characters two-dimensional. The dialogues were trite. The plot was very predictable. Just not my cup of tea.
Shar
Another great Dr Steven Dunbar medical thriller. Great story, kept me guessing until the end.

Looking forward to moving on to the next one.
Lesley Alexander
Great book and easy to read, just a little predictable. This is the 3rd book I've read by this author and none have disappointed.
Mic
Overly simplistic, somewhat obvious, slighty stilted writing-style. Not BAD, but not good either.
Bettie
3 plus. I expected more from this book. ok read
  • Mindbenders
  • Sector C
  • The Scavenger's Daughter: A Tyler West Mystery
  • The Consultant (Vigilante, #2)
  • Hidden
  • Nowhere to Hide
  • A Circle in the Woods
  • Kinesis
  • Ascension Day
  • The Covert Element (James Becker, #3)
  • The Surgeon's Blade
Ken McClure is the internationally bestselling author of over twenty medical thrillers such as The Lazarus Strain, The Gulf Conspiracy, White Death and Dust to Dust. His books have been translated into twenty-five languages and he has earned a reputation for the accuracy of his predicitions. McClure's work is informed by his background as an award-winning research scientist with the UK's Medical R ...more
More about Ken McClure...

Dr Steven Dunbar (10 books)
  • Donor (Dr Steven Dunbar, #1)
  • Deception (Dr Steven Dunbar, #2)
  • Wildcard (Dr Steven Dunbar, #3)
  • The Gulf Conspiracy (Dr Steven Dunbar, #4)
  • Eye Of The Raven (Dr Steven Dunbar, #5)
  • White Death (Dr Steven Dunbar, #7)
  • Dust To Dust (Dr Steven Dunbar, #8)
  • Lost Causes (Dr Steven Dunbar, #9)
  • The Secret (Dr Steven Dunbar, #10)
Donor (Dr Steven Dunbar, #1) Trauma Past Lives Deception (Dr Steven Dunbar, #2) Pandora's Helix