Start by marking “The Lincoln Lawyer Novels: The Lincoln Lawyer, The Brass Verdict, The Reversal” as Want to Read:
The Lincoln Lawyer Novels: The Lincoln Lawyer, The Brass Verdict, The Reversal

The Lincoln Lawyer Novels: The Lincoln Lawyer, The Brass Verdict, The Reversal

4.3  ·  Rating Details ·  1,846 Ratings  ·  77 Reviews
For the first time in one volume, the three novels that introduced the Lincoln Lawyer, Mickey Haller, who learns that "There is no client as scary as an innocent man."

The Lincoln Lawyer

For Mickey Haller, the law is rarely about guilt or innocence, it's about negotiation and manipulation. When he gets hired by a Beverly Hills rich boy arrested for assault, Mickey sees a fr
Published July 12th 2011 by Little, Brown and Company

To ask other readers questions about The Lincoln Lawyer Novels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lincoln Lawyer Novels

GymGuy
Feb 19, 2014 GymGuy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, suspense, crime
Certainly one of the better books I've read. A great "page-turner." I know that term is over-used, but with this book it's true. There is never a dull moment from the first page to the last. There are not so many twists and turns as just pure interest.

What I enjoyed most was the flawed main character. I enjoyed his struggles, doubts and passions. While I had the ending figured out it didn't really make much difference in the enjoyability. It was just a great trip getting there.
D.T.
Sep 19, 2011 D.T. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I suppose that in to write great fiction an author can do one of two things: write something new and original, or write something that's been done before but do it better.
There's really nothing ultra original about the Lincoln Lawyer novels. A jaded defence attorney that doesn't really care about guilt or innocence, just the outcome of the trial. A series of cases that make him reevaluate that stance.
But Michael Connelly has done it better than it has been done previously. A lot better.
The Li
Jarrett
Aug 11, 2011 Jarrett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These books are fantastic! I saw the first book "The Lincoln Lawyer" on bookshelves while traveling, however did not fully get interested in reading them until I saw the movie. After I started reading, I was hooked! Each one of these books seem to draw you in more and more as the plot line develops. Michael Connelly always throws a lot of twists in a long the way as well which make them even more interesting. I am starting the next book, "The Fifth Witness" and it already has me hooked.

Another t
Bonnie
Jun 07, 2012 Bonnie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you like Grisham, you will love this book.

This is the first Michael Connelly book that I have read but it will not be the last. If you like John Grisham books, you will love this. Great legal thriller that kept me riveted. I have never had much faith in the legal system because of how they treat people. Guilty until proven innocent. This shows in the side story. I enjoyed the drama and the emotions that are beautifully portrayed. The ending had me on pins and needles and I kept looking at the
Jennifer Mcgown
Jan 19, 2013 Jennifer Mcgown rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book - it introduces the character of Michael (Mickey) Haller and defense attorney. He has a one man shop that he runs out of his car. He has a fleet of Lincolns and has a driver so he does most of his work in the back seat. He likes it that way, but he is not above cutting some corners and gets more than he was bargaining for in his latest case. It really gives insight into how a defense attorney works and how the court system works. Great read.
Marichka Sporysh
Jul 11, 2011 Marichka Sporysh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Mystery book series, kept you interested till the end. All books had some interesting twist in the end. Easy reading, excellent vocabulary and author's knowledge in criminal justice system.
Sharon Manganiello
Micky Haller is such a great character. All the books have unexpected endings, it is so easy to put yourself right there in the court rooms. LOVE these books can't wait for the next one.
Natalie
Mar 01, 2012 Natalie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These are serious page turners - you will suffer lack of sleep - not through nightmares but through not wanting to put them down!!
Melanie
Jul 29, 2011 Melanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story and plot -- loved it! Can't wait to read more by this author.
Jason Meadors
Jan 09, 2017 Jason Meadors rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Lincoln Lawyer did a capture on me, taking me to the inner workings of the court system and lawyerly processes, through a couple surprising turns, and to a fine ultimate resolution. The flawed but relatable protagonist was easy and enjoyable to follow as well as intriguing.

After work, life, and fatigue took me away from pleasure reading for a number of years, this book was a good reintroduction and motivation for me. I'm looking forward to more from Mr. Connelly.
Kay Shaw
Feb 15, 2017 Kay Shaw rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really like this novel. Read it after seeing the movie which stayed very close to the book so I couldn't help but picture the characters as in the movie. The book was a page turner! Exciting to the point that I felt myself gripping the cover. It was well written and a mystery to the end. Have read again since the first reading, loaned it to several friends and will probably read again
Lee Kyle
Sep 05, 2011 Lee Kyle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: For any fan of cool charectors, murder mysteries or court room thrillers!
Recommended to Lee by: Amazon.ca
Took me a bit to get through this although I have taken into consideration i wasnt reading 1 book but 3. The Lincoln Lawyer, The Brass Verdict and finally The Reversal. I am a fan of court trial themed films but had never actually read any books on the subject. Well I glad that author Michael Connelly was my first. Doing some of my own investigations into what sites contain info on this author on the web. I shockingly found out Mr. Connelly was never a man who practiced law himself let alone eve ...more
Donna
Sep 04, 2011 Donna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This volume contains 3 novels. I've finished the first only. I would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys this genre.

I've finally finished all 3 novels. This was my introduction to Michael Connelly and I thoroughly enjoyed all 3. The main character, Mickey Haller, is likeable, even though he is capable of underhandedness and deceit (usually within the letter of the law) and the plots kept me interested to the last page. I was surprised to learn that the author has not practiced law because h
Arrial
Sep 13, 2011 Arrial rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was my introduction to Michael Connelly. The fact that this book contained 3 novels in the one book was a bonus!These were the Lincoln Lawyer novels.
I was looking to read in the crime drama category , and was pleased to say it kept me very entertained.
Connelly writes with twists and turns enough to keep things interesting. When you think you have it figured out, guess what, you are more than likely wrong. The author writes with great knowledge of the judicial system despite the fact, t
Anna
Three books. They are ok, but the final one was very unsatisfying. I am looking forward to another movie with Matthew McConaughey--hope they can expand the material in the screenplay. Some things are just left hanging unresolved and Mickey seems like he usually gets things done. So I couldn't tell if it was lazy writing or what. This genre is not one I usually read, but I was looking for something exciting without being too psychotic (no Gone Girl) or gory.

The Bosch series on Amazon is ok I gues
Jacki
Jan 06, 2012 Jacki rated it it was amazing
I wish I had have realized that there were 3 as I only purchased book 1. The writing style pulls you in and makes you feel as though your friend is telling you his personal experience. With relevant references to popular culture you can feel as though you can relate.

I am having a hard time putting it down to go about my daily responsibilities but it is a wonderfully unpredictable escape that I can't wait to reach the end of but at the same time don't want it to end.

I will definitely be a full ti
Florence Primrose
Jan 18, 2014 Florence Primrose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mickey Haller, attorney, has just been handed a full slate of cases after an attorney colleague was killed. Among them is the case of Jerry Vincent, accused of killing his wife and her lover.

Vincent demands that the case go forward with no delay in nine days. Haller and his team investigate and cannot understand why Vincent is so sure he will get exonerated when all evidence points to his guilt.
Cathy Pool
Jul 14, 2016 Cathy Pool rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mickey Haller is my new boyfriend. I love this character! The internal struggle for Mickey, being a defense lawyer but still wanting to be the "good guy", makes him extremely likable. The insight to the process of the legal strategies for effective litigation is surprising and scary. Brings a whole new understanding to "give them the razzle dazzle". This book is well researched, well written, and thoroughly enjoyable. Can wait to start the next one.
Thao Nguyen
Feb 07, 2014 Thao Nguyen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like Harry Bosh and Mickey Haller, though really, they are too much the same to the point if not for their very different jobs I wouldn't know who is doing the talking sometimes. Michael Connelly clearly lets his characters kind of mirror each other. The question is, is this intentional (they are half brothers, after all) or just happens because the author does not try to build a completely new character?

Judy
Jun 22, 2013 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've always been a suspense/thriller fan, and recently got into crime novels and courtroom drama. Michael Connelly's Mickey Haller series is the best in these genres! I loved the first book, The Lincoln Lawyer (the movie is awesome as well), and the rest of the series is just as intriguing as the first. You won't regret getting into this series!
Jean Ann
Jul 03, 2014 Jean Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to all of these and I was surprised how accurate the legal portions were. Usually I can't read this stuff because it takes liberties to make it more interesting. But I did find myself coming up with the objections before I heard them on the audio book. Minor inaccuracies but overall made me miss sitting in the courtroom each day.
Bethbe
Jun 24, 2012 Bethbe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Lincoln Lawyer was the only book available to me while on vacation so I picked it up and read it. There were a few little things that seemed contrived -the fact that the main character listened to gangster rap- But I got sucked in and kept reading this author, who was a crime writer previous to these books. i just kept reading and reading Michael Connelly books, it was an addiction LOL.
Ira and Teralyn
Feb 14, 2014 Ira and Teralyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this series but the language will make your hair fall out (so Dad Young shouldn't read it - doesn't have enough to lose...:)) I don't know if I can recommend it because you would judge me but I liked it. :)
Mereke
Jul 27, 2016 Mereke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: legal-thriller
Well-written, good storylines and unexpectedly likable characters that you root for even if you don't condone all their actions. Connelly takes you into his world and you miss it when the book is finished.
Connie
May 14, 2015 Connie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: legal-thriller, law
Lawyer Mickey Haller makes his money defending the guilty until he is face to face with an innocent man imprisoned because of Haller's successful defense of the truly guilty and a client who wants to destroy him.

Jacq
Oct 21, 2012 Jacq rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to know what the fuss was all about. It’s a good read too – Love the fact that it all happens from an office in a car, and the twists at the end I’ll admit I didn’t see coming.
Well worth the spend!
Tina Green
Aug 28, 2011 Tina Green rated it it was ok
I found the Lincoln Lawyer, long and boring. It was a push just trying to finish the book. I kept waiting for the intense part, and it never came. I can't force myself to read the next two books. Hollywood must of added alot to make it a movie, and this is one movie I'm not going to watch.
Jbash1
May 30, 2012 Jbash1 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this after the movie came out. Even though I never saw the movie, picturing Matthew McConaughey as the "lawyer" was easy and made the dialogue flow. I love a good, fast-paced detective story so this was a super-fast read for me.
Mark Boyd
Jul 15, 2014 Mark Boyd rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good read. Connelly did well in presenting a new roll for Mickey Haller as a prosecutor. And, working with his ex as a second brought up some interesting dynamics. All in all not his best but good.
Reggie Campo 1 3 May 27, 2013 07:00AM
  • The Lady in the Lake, The Little Sister, The Long Goodbye, Playback (Everyman's Library)
  • Doctor Who: Dying in the Sun
  • The Wake-Up
  • Fearless Jones (Fearless Jones, #1)
  • All Eyes on Her
  • 86'd
  • Tunnel Vision
  • Kiss & Die (Detective Johnny Mann, #4)
  • Hades
  • Si è suicidato il Che
  • Lee Child Collection: Killing Floor, Echo Burning, The Visitor, Tripwire, Die Trying, Without Fail, Persuader, One Shot, The Enemy, The Hard Way, Bad Luck And Trouble (Jack Reacher, #1-11)
  • Bad Thoughts (Bill Shannon, #1)
  • Chasers
  • Dead Silent (DC Laura McGanity, #4)
  • Greed
  • Maggody and the Moonbeams (Arly Hanks, #13)
  • Killing Critics (Kathleen Mallory, #3)
  • The Partner / The Runaway Jury
Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the Goodreads' database with this name. See this thread for more information.

Michael Connelly decided to become a writer after discovering the books of Raymond Chandler while attending the University of Florida. Once he decided on this direction he chose a major in journalism and a minor in creative writing — a curriculum in which one of his teache
More about Michael Connelly...