Start by marking “The Lincoln Lawyer Novels: The Lincoln Lawyer, The Brass Verdict, The Reversal” as Want to Read:
The Lincoln Lawyer Novels: The Lincoln Lawyer, The Brass Verdict, The Reversal

The Lincoln Lawyer Novels: The Lincoln Lawyer, The Brass Verdict, The Reversal

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  1,523 ratings  ·  66 reviews
For the first time in one volume, the three novels that introduced the Lincoln Lawyer, Mickey Haller, who learns that "There is no client as scary as an innocent man."

The Lincoln Lawyer

For Mickey Haller, the law is rarely about guilt or innocence, it's about negotiation and manipulation. When he gets hired by a Beverly Hills rich boy arrested for assault, Mickey sees a fr
Published July 12th 2011 by Little, Brown and Company

To ask other readers questions about The Lincoln Lawyer Novels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lincoln Lawyer Novels

GymGuy
Certainly one of the better books I've read. A great "page-turner." I know that term is over-used, but with this book it's true. There is never a dull moment from the first page to the last. There are not so many twists and turns as just pure interest.

What I enjoyed most was the flawed main character. I enjoyed his struggles, doubts and passions. While I had the ending figured out it didn't really make much difference in the enjoyability. It was just a great trip getting there.
D.T.
I suppose that in to write great fiction an author can do one of two things: write something new and original, or write something that's been done before but do it better.
There's really nothing ultra original about the Lincoln Lawyer novels. A jaded defence attorney that doesn't really care about guilt or innocence, just the outcome of the trial. A series of cases that make him reevaluate that stance.
But Michael Connelly has done it better than it has been done previously. A lot better.
The Li
Jarrett
These books are fantastic! I saw the first book "The Lincoln Lawyer" on bookshelves while traveling, however did not fully get interested in reading them until I saw the movie. After I started reading, I was hooked! Each one of these books seem to draw you in more and more as the plot line develops. Michael Connelly always throws a lot of twists in a long the way as well which make them even more interesting. I am starting the next book, "The Fifth Witness" and it already has me hooked.

Another t
Bonnie
If you like Grisham, you will love this book.

This is the first Michael Connelly book that I have read but it will not be the last. If you like John Grisham books, you will love this. Great legal thriller that kept me riveted. I have never had much faith in the legal system because of how they treat people. Guilty until proven innocent. This shows in the side story. I enjoyed the drama and the emotions that are beautifully portrayed. The ending had me on pins and needles and I kept looking at the
Jennifer Mcgown
Really enjoyed this book - it introduces the character of Michael (Mickey) Haller and defense attorney. He has a one man shop that he runs out of his car. He has a fleet of Lincolns and has a driver so he does most of his work in the back seat. He likes it that way, but he is not above cutting some corners and gets more than he was bargaining for in his latest case. It really gives insight into how a defense attorney works and how the court system works. Great read.
Marichka Sporysh
Good Mystery book series, kept you interested till the end. All books had some interesting twist in the end. Easy reading, excellent vocabulary and author's knowledge in criminal justice system.
Sharon Manganiello
Micky Haller is such a great character. All the books have unexpected endings, it is so easy to put yourself right there in the court rooms. LOVE these books can't wait for the next one.
Natalie
These are serious page turners - you will suffer lack of sleep - not through nightmares but through not wanting to put them down!!
Melanie
Great story and plot -- loved it! Can't wait to read more by this author.
Lee Kyle
Sep 23, 2011 Lee Kyle rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: For any fan of cool charectors, murder mysteries or court room thrillers!
Recommended to Lee by: Amazon.ca
Took me a bit to get through this although I have taken into consideration i wasnt reading 1 book but 3. The Lincoln Lawyer, The Brass Verdict and finally The Reversal. I am a fan of court trial themed films but had never actually read any books on the subject. Well I glad that author Michael Connelly was my first. Doing some of my own investigations into what sites contain info on this author on the web. I shockingly found out Mr. Connelly was never a man who practiced law himself let alone eve ...more
Thao Nguyen
I like Harry Bosh and Mickey Haller, though really, they are too much the same to the point if not for their very different jobs I wouldn't know who is doing the talking sometimes. Michael Connelly clearly lets his characters kind of mirror each other. The question is, is this intentional (they are half brothers, after all) or just happens because the author does not try to build a completely new character?

Jean Ann
I listened to all of these and I was surprised how accurate the legal portions were. Usually I can't read this stuff because it takes liberties to make it more interesting. But I did find myself coming up with the objections before I heard them on the audio book. Minor inaccuracies but overall made me miss sitting in the courtroom each day.
Donna
This volume contains 3 novels. I've finished the first only. I would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys this genre.

I've finally finished all 3 novels. This was my introduction to Michael Connelly and I thoroughly enjoyed all 3. The main character, Mickey Haller, is likeable, even though he is capable of underhandedness and deceit (usually within the letter of the law) and the plots kept me interested to the last page. I was surprised to learn that the author has not practiced law because h
Ira and Teralyn
I really liked this series but the language will make your hair fall out (so Dad Young shouldn't read it - doesn't have enough to lose...:)) I don't know if I can recommend it because you would judge me but I liked it. :)
Connie
Lawyer Mickey Haller makes his money defending the guilty until he is face to face with an innocent man imprisoned because of Haller's successful defense of the truly guilty and a client who wants to destroy him.

Florence Primrose
Mickey Haller, attorney, has just been handed a full slate of cases after an attorney colleague was killed. Among them is the case of Jerry Vincent, accused of killing his wife and her lover.

Vincent demands that the case go forward with no delay in nine days. Haller and his team investigate and cannot understand why Vincent is so sure he will get exonerated when all evidence points to his guilt.
Nina Sala-gault
One of my favorite authors

I could give this selection no fewer than five stars. It deserves fifty stars. Mystery and legal at it's very best. Worthy read... and reread.
Kelly
I really enjoyed this, Fast paced and a constant undercurrent of what will the verdict, ending with a big twist that I didn't see coming, Good
Maryann McCoy
Great book

Well written , I thoroughly enjoyed the characters and plot. The Author did a superb job of bringing at altogether

Arrial
This book was my introduction to Michael Connelly. The fact that this book contained 3 novels in the one book was a bonus!These were the Lincoln Lawyer novels.
I was looking to read in the crime drama category , and was pleased to say it kept me very entertained.
Connelly writes with twists and turns enough to keep things interesting. When you think you have it figured out, guess what, you are more than likely wrong. The author writes with great knowledge of the judicial system despite the fact, t
Meg
Love how he has his characters plan their "chess" moves and gives the reader the inside scoop as to their plays.
Erica
The first book was the best but all are entertaining. I think it's better legal drama than a lot of Grisham.
Ktschreck
Have read two of three of Connelly's Lincoln Lawyer series. Like them MUCH better than Harry Bosch series.
Karen
I love the Lincoln Lawyer series and would like to give it a 4.5 but since I cant I will go positive with a 5.
Nancy Purcell
I'm hooked. I enjoyed the total escapism with a real plot and well developed characters.
Cara
This book draws you in. As the mystery unravels it becomes a book that you can't put down
Judeann Palermo
Really enjoyed this book. Will check out the other ones
Ben Twoonezero
A good fast paced novel, a good holiday read.
Jacki
I wish I had have realized that there were 3 as I only purchased book 1. The writing style pulls you in and makes you feel as though your friend is telling you his personal experience. With relevant references to popular culture you can feel as though you can relate.

I am having a hard time putting it down to go about my daily responsibilities but it is a wonderfully unpredictable escape that I can't wait to reach the end of but at the same time don't want it to end.

I will definitely be a full ti
Maria
Page turner! Loved this book.
Reggie Campo 1 3 May 27, 2013 07:00AM
  • The Lady in the Lake, The Little Sister, The Long Goodbye, Playback (Everyman's Library)
  • 86'd
  • Lee Child Collection: Killing Floor, Echo Burning, The Visitor, Tripwire, Die Trying, Without Fail, Persuader, One Shot, The Enemy, The Hard Way, Bad Luck And Trouble (Jack Reacher Novel)
  • Fearless Jones (Fearless Jones, #1)
  • Bad Thoughts (Bill Shannon, #1)
  • Dead Silent (DC Laura McGanity, #4)
  • Kiss & Die (Detective Johnny Mann, #4)
  • When the Dead Speak (Sam Casey Mystery, #1)
  • Tunnel Vision
  • Hades
  • First Degree
  • Chasers
  • Si è suicidato il Che
  • Greed
  • Lost River (Ben Cooper & Diane Fry, #10)
  • Maggody and the Moonbeams (Arly Hanks, #13)
  • Child's Play (Dalziel & Pascoe, #9)
  • Little Tiny Teeth (Gideon Oliver, #14)
Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the Goodreads' database with this name. See this thread for more information.

Michael Connelly decided to become a writer after discovering the books of Raymond Chandler while attending the University of Florida. Once he decided on this direction he chose a major in journalism and a minor in creative writing — a curriculum in which one of his teache
More about Michael Connelly...
The Lincoln Lawyer (Mickey Haller, #1) The Black Echo (Harry Bosch, #1) The Poet (Jack McEvoy, #1) The Fifth Witness (Mickey Haller, #4) The Last Coyote (Harry Bosch, #4)