Start by marking “The Glassheart Chronicles ” as Want to Read:
The Glassheart Chronicles

The Glassheart Chronicles

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  282 ratings  ·  33 reviews
The Glassheart Chronicles is a short story anthology written by a talented cast of Paranormal YA authors.

Fisher Amelie (author of The Leaving series), J.L. Bryan (author of the Paranormals series), Courtney Cole (author of The Bloodstone Saga), Wren Emerson (author of the Witches of Desire series), Amy Maurer-Jones (author of The Soul Quest trilogy), Tiffany King (author
Published July 28th 2011 by Lakehouse Press

To ask other readers questions about The Glassheart Chronicles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Glassheart Chronicles

Switched by Amanda HockingMy Blood Approves by Amanda HockingFate by Amanda HockingBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireTorn by Amanda Hocking
Self-Published Young Adult Books
448th out of 1,463 books — 2,345 voters
City of Bones by Cassandra ClareShiver by Maggie StiefvaterVampire Academy by Richelle MeadHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickFallen by Lauren Kate
YA Paranormal Romance That Is Not Twilight
98th out of 272 books — 866 voters

More lists with this book...

M. Leighton
I’ve never read an anthology before, but I can say that, with a group like this, it’s a great way to sample the tasty treats of each and find out what you’ve been missing. And what’s more, all these talented authors are writing about love—in all its forms.

Fisher Amelie immersed me in the depths of a soul-searing love that stayed with me long after I’d finished, while JL Bryan thrilled me with a creepy fascination that could quite easily be addictive. Emerson served up a delicious helping of bit
Melanie
I bought this in Kindle format to read J.L. Bryan's Jenny Pox addition. What I ended up getting was six more authors to add to my Kindle Wishlist. The writing from all the authors was engaging, interesting and I am definitely hooked!

Edit on 8/28/11: I have spent the last few weeks reading books by all of the authors who have work in The Glassheart Chronicles and let me just say one word... WOW. I liked the writing before but I LOVE it now! After reading each book (or series of books), I went ba
Emma (BelleBooks)
I really love short story collections and anthologies plus two of my favourite indie authors have stories in The Glassheart Chronicles. So when I saw it on Amazon I just had to buy it right away!

This collection has seven different stories in it. Some of the authors I had heard of before and some of them I hadn't.
This review is going to be on the collection overall, rather then individually critiquing seven short stories.

The stories all work well together, they all have the same YA paranormal vib
Isza
Sep 09, 2011 Isza rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Isza by: Melanie
Since purchasing my Kindle, I have asked my friends to recommend books to me that are "out of my comfort zone". I've never gone out of my way to read Paranormal or Science Fiction but I am glad I did. I'm slowly but surely reading through the authors' full books and I have been nothing but pleased.
Julia
Oy. This was fabulous.

I picked this up because I love Fisher Amelie and I wanted to read her short story in this, The Wonderboom (which of course was nothing less than fantastic).

The Glassheart Chronicles is a collection of YA short stories by Fisher Amelie, J. L. Bryan, Courtney Cole, Wren Emerson, Amy Jones, Tiffany King, and Nicole Williams. All of these stories fall within the "paranormal genre" but some focus on magic, others on mythology, and some supernatural. All of these stories with ex
Kimberly Schaaf
So, I read this anthology ages ago - and never got around to writing a review. This book was the start of my adventure with some amazing authors.

The first short is from Fisher Amelie and is entitled The Wonderboom. This is an extension of her amazing novel The Understorey. We are introduced to Sawyer "Tut" Tuttle who makes an appearance in the novel The Understorey as a classmate/friend of Elliot and Jules....withouth giving too much away, Sawyer undergoes a very similiar and CRAZY WILD connect
Jenn Barbieri
The only story that I did like was the Nicole Williams one which was William's prespective of his and Emma's first meeting. Once we got to know him in the first book, I thought that having all those girls around him wasn't his style, and with this little chapter you see that it was Patrick's (which makes total sense). So it was just nice to read that William was just as lost as Emma was. As for the other stories, none of them really floated my boat, I wasn't impressed with their writing. I did l ...more
Rachel
I absolutely loved this collection of short stories! The collection whetted my appetite for sequels to some of my favorite series in some cases and helped me discover a couple of new authors in others. Definitely worth the read!
Lierin
I mainly picked up this book because it had Nicole Williams in it. I enjoyed the stories well enough, I like how each short story so adequately displayed each author's individual tone.

This book was more in way of a grab bag, where you get goodies from several different authors and get to see what you like or don't like. I already knew I liked Nicole Williams, so I moved through the stories with something of a one track mind, but each story left it's particular imprint on me, and so many of them
Aimeekay
I mainly picked up The Glassheart Chronicles because one of my favorite authors has a story in it. (Not telling, you guys can guess which one if you want) Altogether I did enjoy the anthology, but some of the stories frustrated me. Don’t get me wrong they were all well written. They all to one degree or another drew me in and kept my attention. I think if I had previously read the authors works that related to the short stories I would have enjoyed them more. If I had already read the authors wo ...more
Katelyn
I don't know what to say about this. I think 2.5 stars but I'm feeling nice so I'll round it to a 3.

I didn't really enjoy most of the stories, but the last one was probably one of the better ones, so I'm feeling nicer about this little collection now after finishing than I was in the middle. I was seriously considering giving up, which is rare because I really do hate doing that, but there was a couple of stories in the middle that just weren't for me. I think the main problem was they weren't w
Annmarie
Downloaded because it was free, but found out later it was a short story anthology of paranormal stories that I was not interested in.
Shelly
I guess I'm not good with short stories...I read several of them, but the left me unsatisfied - not long enough, not enough story, not enough detail...I don't know, but I couldn't finish it.
Jamie
The Glassheart Chronicles is a collection of short stories. I believe this is the first anthology that I have read.

I enjoyed some of the stories more than others. A couple of the stories are part of series that I have read so was a bit more drawn towards those. There were some that I just couldn't get into.

These are a quick read with some fun stories. So if you have read books by any of these author or would like to discover a new author, this is a good anthology to start with. This e-arc was
Kasi Lou
The Glassheart Chronicles is a collection of short stories from a talented cast of Young Adult Paranormal Romance authors.

Each contributing author spins a captivating short story involving a character from one of their already existing novels, providing an extra glimpse into that character's world.

Fans of these authors and their books will eat these stories up and breathlessly ask for more.

My Review - this was just an okay book for me. I did discover a few new authors but there were a few that w
Fina
Jan 29, 2013 Fina rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who like paranormal genre
This short story collections and anthologies made me want to read all of the author books.

I started read this because I love Fisher Amelie and I wanted to read her story: The Wonderboom but then met me with other wonderful author.

I love all of these stories because it's within the "paranormal genre"

My favorite two in this collection were The Waterboom by Fisher Amelie and The Second Daughter’s Second Daughter by Wren Emerson.
Andrea
My review only reflects the story by Tiffany King. If you have read Meant to Be or Forgotten Souls (and even if you haven't) you should definitely read this. This story, although very short, packs as much emotional turbulence as a full-length novel. And although this is a prequel to Meant to Be, I was desperately hoping the outcome was different than what I knew it would be. That's how much she had me invested in the story. Loved it!
Dalene Kolb
Some of these stories I really enjoyed and some I didn't. I have a feeling I would have enjoyed some of the stories more if I read the series that is attached to it, but honestly some authors couldn't captivate me. Since I have only read The Saving Angels Trilogy by Tiffany King I was very hooked on her story story. Some authors had me wondering what happens next. Lets just say that now I have more books to add to my TBR.
Stephanie Carr
It wad ok. To short and I didn't like some of the endings. But I did like coutney coles because I hadread the series so it filled in the blankes.
Michelle Leisy
These were OK. There were several errors (spelling, typos, and grammar). Most of the stories were pretty dark. These stories seemed to be either introducing larger works or answering questions readers may have had about an authors earlier work. I might have enjoyed them more if I had read other works by these authors.
Emma
Not what I was expecting. Rather than being a collection of short stories these felt more like deleted scenes/intros/epilogues of books I hadn't read. May have enjoyed the book more if I had read the other novels and had previous knowledge of the characters involved.
Christine
I bought this book to read Nicole Williams excerpt, which was amazing, as always. I was hoping by reading this book I would be introduced to new authors. Unfortunately, none of the other stories grabbed my attention.
K KEETON DESIGNS  Kelsey Keeton
I like these little short stories... it introduces you to authors whom I might not have known about otherwise, as well as give me a cherry on top to some of my already favorites!
Donna
I liked the general theme of all the stories. I did prefer some over others, but there was a nice variety and they were all fairly different. Interesting
Myriam
Jul 30, 2013 Myriam marked it as partially-read
24%

I liked the first story, but wanted more. Then, did not like the next two. Might finish this eventually, when I have little downtime to finish reading.
Tara
Great mix of short stories by all my favorite authors. I really enjoyed the extended versions off of some of the characters that I have come to love and loathe :)
Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥
i read fisher amelie's story, it was fine.. not great.. it was shorter than what i really wanted.. should have been longer...

i think 2.5-2.75 stars..
Trisha
many of the stories were interesting beginnings but would have been great as longer stories.
some of the others were painful to read and finish.
June
Really couldn't get into this book, I did read it through but not for me Sorry.
Toni
I loved William's view on meeting Bryn for the first time.
  • Eternal Spring
  • The Understorey (The Leaving #1)
  • Midnight Surrender: A Paranormal Romance Anthology
  • Here Be Monsters - An Anthology of Monster Tales
  • Impulse Control (Talent Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Jingle all the YA (Sample 14 Bestselling YA Books)
  • Aligned (Immortal Essence, #0.5)
  • Night Marchers (Night Marchers, #1)
  • Intuition (Intangible, #0.5)
  • The Faery Hunt
  • In His Eyes Anthology (Stories from a Cute Guy)
  • Skeleton Lake (The Hollows Series, #1)
  • Chameleon (Ripple, #2)
  • Blood Iris 2012
  • Haunted Moon (Moon Coven, #0.5)
  • Darkness in the Blood (Angel's Edge, #2)
  • The Indie Eclective: The Halloween Collection
  • Ascent (The Party Series, #1)
Courtney Cole is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling novelist who would eat mythology for breakfast if she could.

She has a degree in Business, but has since discovered that corporate America is not nearly as fun to live in as fictional worlds.

Courtney was born and raised in rural Kansas, but has since migrated south. She now lives in Florida and writes beneath palm trees.

Learn more about
More about Courtney Cole...
If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1) If You Leave (Beautifully Broken, #2) Before We Fall (Beautifully Broken, #3) Dante's Girl (The Paradise Diaries, #1) Confessions of an Alli Cat (The Cougar Chronicles, #1)