Start by marking “The Women of Catawba/a Novel” as Want to Read:
The Women of Catawba/a Novel

The Women of Catawba/a Novel

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  9 reviews
From the author of the White Pines Chronicles comes an exciting tale of five courageous women and their fight to build a plantation home in the raw wilderness of South Carolina. Set in post-Revolutionary War days, Women of Catawba is an inspiring story of men and women whose faith, strength, and capacity to love are tested to the limit.
Published January 1st 1994 by Thomas Nelson Inc

To ask other readers questions about The Women of Catawba/a Novel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Women of Catawba/a Novel

Emily Good
This book was recommended to me by my friends, and I read it and enjoyed it for the very reasons they gave ("exciting", "twists and turns", "good dose of history" etc.), but I'm afraid to say that for me personally it still didn't get more than three stars. For the first half of the book I could see exactly what my friends meant - it really did get you interested from the very beginning with a dramatic start. That kept me going and kept me glued to the end wanting to know how it would all turn o ...more
Jennifer Seest
I got this and the second in the series because of the name "Catawba" being the "ghost town" name of the area where I grew up in Florida. I found out later that the author/editor (joint work with her mother, I believe) lives nearby, though I still haven't had the pleasure of meeting her!
Callie Scogin
This is my all-time favorite book. I have read this book too many times to count. I never get tired of the story. I only wish there were more books in the series! Very well written Christian romance novel!!!
Kharissa
Good book. It kept me interested until the end, and the author stayed somewhat consistent with the period. I look forward to reading the sequel.
Letitia
Bills itself as a story of strong women during the colonial history of America, but turns out to be a poorly written romance novel.
Audra
Oct 10, 2012 Audra rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: moms
The first of two fun Christian historical fiction. Easy read to curl up with on a rainy day
Michelle
really good Christian romance wish there was sequel
Gwynn
Great book of strength to stick to your beliefs.
Katie
Book club
Lawana
Lawana marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Fernanda Oliveira
Fernanda Oliveira marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Ciara
Ciara added it
Aug 26, 2014
Misty Smith
Misty Smith marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Dorie
Dorie marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Elizabeth Gail and the Mystery at the Johnson Farm Elizabeth Gail and the Secret Box The Covenant Elizabeth Gail and the Dangerous Double Elizabeth Gail and the Teddy Bear Mystery