Start by marking “Mystery of the Silver Coins (Viking Quest, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mystery of the Silver Coins (Viking Quest, #2)

Mystery of the Silver Coins (Viking Quest #2)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  395 ratings  ·  18 reviews
In this second installment of the Viking Quest series, Bree finds herself in a physical and spiritual battle for survival. With another young slave, she makes a daring escape from the ship as soon as it reaches harbor. They hide in the woods as Mikkel and his Viking sailors begin a relentless search, certain that Bree is responsible for a missing bag of silver coins. Bree ...more
Published September 1st 2003 by Moody Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Mystery of the Silver Coins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mystery of the Silver Coins

Waterfall by Lisa Tawn BergrenThe Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. LewisCascade by Lisa Tawn BergrenThe Healer's Apprentice by Melanie DickersonTorrent by Lisa Tawn Bergren
Best Christian YA Books
32nd out of 170 books — 134 voters
The Merchant's Daughter by Melanie DickersonHope and the Knight of the Black Lion by Mary C. FindleyKingdom's Dawn by Chuck BlackThe Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisKingdom's Hope by Chuck Black
Christian Medieval Reads
47th out of 99 books — 71 voters

More lists with this book...

Meadow
When Bree tries to run for it once again when the ship is in harbor. Mikkel sends his whole crew after her and a young girl Bree took with her. When Mikkel takes a walk. He is just in time to catch her from falling in a seemless never ending canyon.
Rebecca
The day thirteen-year-old Bree O'Toole and was captured by Viking raiders, her life changed forever. Now she is far from her home in the green hills of Ireland, in a strange new country where all she has to look forward to is a life of slavery. Determined to escape that fate, Bree and one of the other captives, a younger girl named Lil, escape the Viking ship and head into the hills of Norway, hoping to make their way to a trading village where they can find safe passage back to Ireland. But the ...more
Nikiandcory
This is the second book in this series and it proves to be just as exciting and full of adventure as the first. The twists and turns in the story will keep readers wanting to turn the page. The content is distinctly Christian with a story line that proves quite entertaining. The decisions that the main character makes will challenge your reader to consider what true sacrifice and love is.
Peter N.
We have been reading through this series. The first one was better than this one, though this one wasn't bad. There are parts of the story that are weak, such as God speaking directly to the main character and a strange light from heaven. The best part of this book is the courage the girl shows and how God ultimately thwarts her plans. We all believe we know what God wants for us. (Spoiler Alert) Bree O Toole thinks God wants her to escape from the Vikings, but that is not his plan. The disappoi ...more
Lacey
More layers to the story are added as Bree finds herself as a slave on her way to another country. How will she survive and how can she escape? I really enjoyed this second book in the series. I especially like Bree and her strength in her belief in God. Her beliefs are what get her through which is so true in life. I really enjoy this series.
Heather
One of my sons wants to learn more about Vikings so I ordered this series on a whim. Thus far I have really liked it. The characters are well-developed and strong. The action is not overwhelming or too intense. The Christian faith of the main characters helps to teach some great lessons that I'd like my boys to learn.

Overall a fun series and one I would readily allow my children to read (or read to them).
Lynn
This is the second book in the series and my son and I have read them as a read aloud. It is a fantastic series. The characters really draw you in and now I have to order the third book to find out what happens next. Very strong emphasis on faith and trusting in God during difficult times.
Hannah
Other than the fact that God talks to Bree in her head (just one step away from merely thinking of appropriate Bible verses), this only improves from the first.

I continue to appreciate the lack of violence.
Hannah
Lots of people say they didn't like this one but I really liked it. I thought it was good and exciting, oh and gripping when Mikkel is trying to find them and the girls are trying to get away. Very cool!
Karla M
I pre-read this book for my son's Viking unit study. This book kept our interst with the adventure while also teaching that God's plans are often different than our plans.
Tiffany
As I think I mentioned in my review of the first book, there's no way we could put that one down and not finish this series. The kids and I really enjoyed this series!!
Jenna Greene
I loved this book! I've read this one and the first one and it is definitely the best series ever. I cannot wait to read the rest of them!:-)
Carolyn
I liked this book but it doesn't stand alone. If you haven't read the first one, you will not get as much from book 2.
Peter
My kids and I are loving reading these books out loud together. The story is engaging.
Rachel S.
I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!
Michael Klassen
I love the series.
Charlie
Charlie marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Joy C.
Joy C. marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
May
May marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
  • Rainbow Garden
  • Kingdom's Quest (Kingdom, #5)
  • The Red Keep: A Story of Burgundy in 1165
  • A Knight of the White Cross
  • Madeleine Takes Command
  • Spy for the Night Riders
  • Hostage Lands
  • Little Pilgrim's Progress: From John Bunyan's Classic
  • Isle of Fire (Isle of Swords, #2)
  • A Father's Promise
  • Millie's Unsettled Season (A Life of Faith: Millie Keith #1)
  • God King: A Story in the Days of King Hezekiah
Raiders from the Sea (Viking Quest, #1) The Invisible Friend (Viking Quest, #3) Raider's Promise (Viking Quest, #5) Heart of Courage (Viking Quest, #4) The Disappearing Stranger (Adventures of the Northwoods #1)