Start by marking “Mystery of the Silver Coins (Viking Quest, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mystery of the Silver Coins (Viking Quest, #2)

Mystery of the Silver Coins (Viking Quest #2)

4.21  ·  Rating Details  ·  564 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
In this second installment of the Viking Quest series, Bree finds herself in a physical and spiritual battle for survival.

Bree, along with another young slave,makes a daring escape from the ship as soon as it reaches harbor. They hide in the woods as Mikkel and his Viking sailors begin a relentless search, certain that Bree is responsible for a missing bag of silver coins.
Published September 1st 2003 by Moody Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Mystery of the Silver Coins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mystery of the Silver Coins

Meadow Frisbie
Dec 08, 2008 Meadow Frisbie rated it really liked it
Shelves: midieval, mystery
When Bree tries to run for it once again when the ship is in harbor. Mikkel sends his whole crew after her and a young girl Bree took with her. When Mikkel takes a walk. He is just in time to catch her from falling in a seemless never ending canyon.
H.
Oct 06, 2015 H. rated it it was amazing
I am next to incapable of putting these down! Her writing style is enrapturing and compels you to continue.

The night is still and quiet, the perfect setting for escape, and Bree knows it. Now is the time to make her move. She wakes her fellow prisoner, Lil, and they make their escape into the night. But they're not gone long before their absence is discovered, along with the disappearance of Mikkel's silver coins. Questions and accusation fly through everyone's minds. who stole the coins? Where
Rebecca
Feb 28, 2010 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
The day thirteen-year-old Bree O'Toole and was captured by Viking raiders, her life changed forever. Now she is far from her home in the green hills of Ireland, in a strange new country where all she has to look forward to is a life of slavery. Determined to escape that fate, Bree and one of the other captives, a younger girl named Lil, escape the Viking ship and head into the hills of Norway, hoping to make their way to a trading village where they can find safe passage back to Ireland. But the ...more
Nikiandcory
Jan 24, 2014 Nikiandcory rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in this series and it proves to be just as exciting and full of adventure as the first. The twists and turns in the story will keep readers wanting to turn the page. The content is distinctly Christian with a story line that proves quite entertaining. The decisions that the main character makes will challenge your reader to consider what true sacrifice and love is.
Misti Konsavage
Jun 28, 2016 Misti Konsavage rated it it was amazing
Book 2 in a 5 book series. This was even better than book one Raiders from the Sea. It ends with somewhat of a cliffhanger....so I went ahead and bought book 3 from ebay today. Can't wait til it arrives to continue the adventure!!!
Hosanna
Jun 28, 2016 Hosanna rated it it was amazing
Mystery of the Silver Coins is another wonderful book in the Viking Quest Series! My whole family LOVES this book! The book is a captivating story about how a captive girl named Bree learns how to trust God's plan, even if it is the opposite of what she wants. The story is adventurous, entertaining, and full of wonderful messages. Definitely one of my favorite series!
Peter N.
Apr 11, 2012 Peter N. rated it really liked it
We have been reading through this series. The first one was better than this one, though this one wasn't bad. There are parts of the story that are weak, such as God speaking directly to the main character and a strange light from heaven. The best part of this book is the courage the girl shows and how God ultimately thwarts her plans. We all believe we know what God wants for us. (Spoiler Alert) Bree O Toole thinks God wants her to escape from the Vikings, but that is not his plan. The disappoi ...more
Priscilla
May 03, 2015 Priscilla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childhood-books
I absolutely loved this book! I was thirteen when my friend lent me the series and I read all five book in a week and a half! :) I then got my Mum, Dad, older brother and 96 year old Grandma to read them. They liked them too. Just shows its a good series for a WIDE variety of ages! LOL :) But it aimed at pre-teens and teenagers. Full of fascinating history about Ireland, Norway, Iceland, Greenland and North America around the turn of the Millennium in 1000 AD. Awesome books!
Bj Urzua
It was good, but the author was great at wanting you to read the next one. One mystery solved, a new one was discovered and still adventures to be had. This book did a wonderful job of maintaining two story lines connected but separate.
Lacey
Sep 28, 2014 Lacey rated it liked it
More layers to the story are added as Bree finds herself as a slave on her way to another country. How will she survive and how can she escape? I really enjoyed this second book in the series. I especially like Bree and her strength in her belief in God. Her beliefs are what get her through which is so true in life. I really enjoy this series.
Yawz
Jan 08, 2015 Yawz rated it liked it
Just as good as the first, except...the main character..is a complete IDIOT.
Heather
One of my sons wants to learn more about Vikings so I ordered this series on a whim. Thus far I have really liked it. The characters are well-developed and strong. The action is not overwhelming or too intense. The Christian faith of the main characters helps to teach some great lessons that I'd like my boys to learn.

Overall a fun series and one I would readily allow my children to read (or read to them).
Lynn
Oct 05, 2011 Lynn rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series and my son and I have read them as a read aloud. It is a fantastic series. The characters really draw you in and now I have to order the third book to find out what happens next. Very strong emphasis on faith and trusting in God during difficult times.
Hannah
Feb 14, 2015 Hannah rated it really liked it
Other than the fact that God talks to Bree in her head (just one step away from merely thinking of appropriate Bible verses), this only improves from the first.

I continue to appreciate the lack of violence.
Hannah
May 07, 2009 Hannah rated it liked it
Lots of people say they didn't like this one but I really liked it. I thought it was good and exciting, oh and gripping when Mikkel is trying to find them and the girls are trying to get away. Very cool!
Karla M
I pre-read this book for my son's Viking unit study. This book kept our interst with the adventure while also teaching that God's plans are often different than our plans.
Tiffany
Apr 23, 2013 Tiffany rated it really liked it
As I think I mentioned in my review of the first book, there's no way we could put that one down and not finish this series. The kids and I really enjoyed this series!!
Jenna Greene
Nov 30, 2013 Jenna Greene rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I've read this one and the first one and it is definitely the best series ever. I cannot wait to read the rest of them!:-)
Carolyn
I liked this book but it doesn't stand alone. If you haven't read the first one, you will not get as much from book 2.
Peter
Sep 11, 2014 Peter rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-little, fiction
My kids and I are loving reading these books out loud together. The story is engaging.
Rachel S.
Apr 26, 2008 Rachel S. rated it it was amazing
I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!
Michael Klassen
I love the series.
Danelle Cale
Danelle Cale marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Kyle Davis
Kyle Davis rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2016
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Zane
Zane added it
Aug 16, 2016
Nalia Schwanger
Nalia Schwanger rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2016
Addi
Addi marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2016
Christiana
Christiana marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
  • The Red Keep: A Story of Burgundy in 1165
  • Rainbow Garden
  • Hostage Lands (Heroes & History #1)
  • Sir Dalton and the Shadow Heart (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #3)
  • Madeleine Takes Command
  • The Reb and the Redcoats
  • In Freedom's Cause: A Story of Wallace and Bruce
  • Elizabeth Gail and the Secret Box
  • Spy for the Night Riders
  • Isle of Fire (Isle of Swords, #2)

Viking Quest (5 books)
  • Raiders from the Sea (Viking Quest, #1)
  • The Invisible Friend (Viking Quest, #3)
  • Heart of Courage (Viking Quest, #4)
  • Raider's Promise (Viking Quest, #5)

“Mikkel grinned. Bree made a mistake. I'll find her yet!” 0 likes
“Across the distance between them, Bree's gaze met Mikkel's, and she did not blink.” 0 likes