Start by marking “The Fifth Specter (Parker Chance, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Fifth Specter (Parker Chance, #1)

The Fifth Specter (Parker Chance #1)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Thirteen-year-old Parker Chance has suffered from hallucinations for most of his life. He has been ridiculed and expelled from public school on account of these hallucinations. When his adoptive father destroys a picture of his birth mother, Parker decides to run away from home. He soon finds himself whisked away to a village of superhumans where he discovers he is one of ...more
Nook
Published June 26th 2011 by T.S. Welti

To ask other readers questions about The Fifth Specter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fifth Specter

A Book Vacation
Welti has created a great action packed novel for kids, and adults, of all ages. It’s a very well written story that captivated me through the interesting events and real life dialogue, gluing me to the pages as events unfolded. I especially enjoyed the characters of Parker, Lucas, and Nora as they embark on a perilous journey to find the truth behind the disappearance of their parents so many years ago. Parker, of course, is my favorite. He is a great main character in that he is kind, caring, ...more
Kira
Parker Chance is a 13-year-old about to leave his oppressive past behind and start an adventure to a new life. Parker enters Stonyford Hollow for the first time so does the reader. Parker with his new friends, Norah and Lucas embark on a dangerous mystery concerning the disappearances of Parker and Norah’s moms. Something dark is going on in Stonyford Hollow and it’s up to the trio to find out. Can the three find the missing moms and solve their dark mystery?

The description in this book are amaz
Sonia
The Fifth Specter is a nice and bizarre young adult book. As some readers already noticed, there are similarities to the Harry Potter series but I also found new interesting elements and the story follows its own pattern with different twists and turns. The characters are well developed and the writing style never tires which is very important to reach the end of a story. I am curious to know about the next instalments since this is the first book of Parker Chance Series and I am looking forward ...more
Jacquelyn Smith
It’s easy to get immersed in the world of Stonyford Hollow, with its own unique history, plants and creatures. I really enjoyed learning about each super power as it was revealed, and the characters were very likeable (especially Parker, Lucas and Norah). When I got to the end, I wanted to find out what happens next! Overall, this was a fun read.
Carissa
This book, in many ways, reminded me of a sci-fi version of Harry Potter. Kids in T.S. Welti's age bracket will adore this book. A fun read within a great new world.
Dawn Vanniman
I was excited to receive this book from the author for review. It sounded great and was compared to Harry Potter in the only review I could find. Being a big fan of the Potter series, I was understandably excited. It IS similar to HP (Harry Potter) - in fact, to me, it seemed to be HP rewritten. I found so many major similarities that I actually stopped reading and just skimmed for the ones that jumped out at me.

The only other review I found was done by a friend of the author. I would love to re
Cheryl
(Cue mixed music) Adventure time! Go call your friends! We're off to very distant la- *wikiwiki* *boomboom* You're Harry freaking Potter! You don't understand, you're a legend, man. To us all! (End music)

My brother and I ended up making this book our bedtime story, reading it aloud every night for several hours. We found ourselves changing "Parker" to "Harry" and the "Rooney's" to the "Dursley's" just for laughs after a couple chapters. Little did we know, we would end up having a Golden Trio, a
Alyssa
*I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

Overall, the story was interesting and the ideas were great. There are many similarities to Harry Potter, especially in the beginning of the book. It was really hard to not picture Hogwarts and Harry at first, but as time went by it became more unique.

The end of the novel was where most of the excitement took place, and in future books of the series I think it might pick up more. The character development was lacking - I found it real
Matt
It's easy to get immersed in the world of Stonyford Hollow, with its own unique history, plants and creatures. I really enjoyed learning about each super power as it was revealed, and the characters were very likeable (especially Parker, Lucas and Norah). When I got to the end, I wanted to find out what happens next! Overall, this was a fun read.
Andrea
I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. It seemed a little slow at first but quickly picked up and I got sucked into it after the first few chapters. It does seem a little Harry Potterish (in a good way) and I think Harry Potter fans would enjoy this book as well.
Angie Hardy
I enjoyed this book. I think it a book that is good for people of all ages. Like many others I did see a similarity between this book and Harry Potter.

I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Waterlillycraft
Waterlillycraft marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Sherri Thompson
Sherri Thompson marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Carrie Bourgeois
Carrie Bourgeois marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Abby Self
Abby Self marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Lesley Mcgrath
Lesley Mcgrath marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Earicka
Earicka marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2013
Lori Slivensky
Lori Slivensky marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2013
Gena
Gena marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2013
Jennifer Halstead
Jennifer Halstead marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2013
Sarah Lottie
Sarah Lottie marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2013
Meagan
Meagan marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2013
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2012
Catrin Williams
Catrin Williams marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Q&A with T.S. Welti: Theme: Letting go 1 1 Mar 06, 2012 01:40AM
Theme: Letting go 1 1 Mar 06, 2012 01:39AM
Q&A with T.S. Welti: Allies and enemies 1 1 Mar 06, 2012 01:36AM
Q&A with T.S. Welti: The significance of the number five 1 1 Mar 06, 2012 01:33AM
Q&A with T.S. Welti: Parker as a hero 1 1 Mar 06, 2012 01:31AM
Q&A with T.S. Welti: Character names 1 1 Mar 06, 2012 01:28AM
  • How to Get a Literary Agent in Two Murders or Less
  • Say Not "What If"
  • Dies Irae (Requiem, #0.5)
  • Silver Knight
  • Tweet Heart
  • The Literary Handyman: Tips on Writing From Someone Who's Been there
  • On the Rocks (Mixology, #2)
  • The Treasure Hunt Club
  • Advice My Parents Gave Me: and Other Lessons I Learned from My Mistakes
  • It's Simple (Experience Life from a Different Perspective Series, #1)
  • Simmer: Recipes for the Teen Palate
  • Designer Dirty Laundry (Style & Error Mystery #1)
  • Escaping from Reality Without Really Trying: 40 Years of High Seas Travels and Lowbrow Tales
  • The Wizard of Crescent Moon Mountain: Elven Resurrection
  • He, Felt Scurrility
  • Literally Dead
  • Stiletto 911: The Makeover Manifesto
You can find out more about me and my books at tswelti.com.
More about T.S. Welti...

Parker Chance (3 books)
  • The Founders' Code (Parker Chance #2)
  • The Isle of Illusions (Parker Chance, #3)
No Shelter (No Shelter, #1) Darklandia Left Behind (No Shelter, #2) Buried Alive (No Shelter, #3) Parallel Spirits

“An educated mind is a questioning mind. Or is it?” 8 likes