Start by marking “I'm a Truck” as Want to Read:
I'm a Truck

I'm a Truck

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  8 reviews
How-dee! My name’s Big Blue Bill, and I’m a truck. I’ve got 18 big wheels turning, 600 horses under the hood, and 53 feet o’ trailer hangin’ on behind . . . So begins a book that introduces all types of trucks (with names such as Bony Tony and Leif the Logging Truck), narrated by a good ol’ boy semi-truck! Lively text and bold, colorful artwork of hip, anthropomorphic truc ...more
Published January 10th 2006 by Golden Books

To ask other readers questions about I'm a Truck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'm a Truck

Karen
My five-year-old son has reached the "I love trucks" stage of his life. Actually, he has reached the "I love to take apart trucks and leave the pieces where Mommy steps on them" stage of his life. I'm fine with the "I love trucks" stage, but I'm hoping the other one will end soon.

Because I love my son, and he loves trucks and books, I bought him some new truck books. This was one of them.

The text was rather long, but engaging. It managed to keep his attention all the way through, although that
Connie
Be warned, the binding on this book *will* peel off. Have some tape to fix the problem. I took off a star over that.

Onto the book itself:

My little truck-obsessed niece (aged 2.5) adores this book. We follow a truck's day, and he tells us all about his various friends on the road and the jobs they do. The narration is similar in style to the "I Stink" series of books, but gentler - if you were turned off of those books because of the main character's attitude, you might prefer this one.

I do find
pati
Colorful story about lots of different trucks and all the things they do.
Ubalstecha
Big Blue Bill is a transport truck that takes goods back and forth across the country. Along the way he travels through field, cities, towns and deserts. He also meets up with other trucks and big vehicles. Big Bill explains how the roads work and the different roles his friends play.

For some reason when I read this, I suddenly gain a stereotypical cowboy movie accent. The boy loves it.
Tee
I was surprised that Lucas (my 1.5 yr old) sat through a reading of this entire book. I guess he'd give it 5 stars. I give it 5 stars for keeping his attention that long. He'll even spend a good 10 minutes sitting by himself thumbing through the pages <-- I wish I could give it 6 stars for that!
Shannon
Pretty cute. If you're big into transportation, this is a boldly colored title to add to your collection. But I'm always amazed at the relatively complex text in Golden Books, so if you're looking for an early reader, this might be a bit much.
Sharon
Purchased for our trip to Atlanta. This book had a lot of text, perhaps a bit too much for Tommy, but it sure covered all aspects of trucking!
Elizabeth
This is a great read-aloud book
Emerald Girl
Emerald Girl marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Katie
Katie added it
Jun 11, 2015
India McHale
India McHale marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Damon Stalvey
Damon Stalvey marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Logan
Logan marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Dave
Dave added it
Jan 11, 2015
Darius
Darius marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
I'm a T. Rex! Race Team (Disney/Pixar Cars) I'm a Monster Truck The Incredible Dash (Disney/Pixar The Incredibles) Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer