Start by marking “Lonely Planet Not-For-Parents The Travel Book” as Want to Read:
Lonely Planet Not-For-Parents The Travel Book

Lonely Planet Not-For-Parents The Travel Book (Not-for-Parents)

Introducing Lonely Planet s brand new "Not for Parents" series!
This is not a guidebook. And it is definitely 'not-for-parents'. Cool stuff to know about every country in the world. Everyone knows the world s highest mountain, but do you know which country banned chewing gum? Or what s the world s stinkiest fruit? Or who invented roller skates? Or which building leans more
Published October 1st 2011 by Lonely Planet

To ask other readers questions about Lonely Planet Not-For-Parents The Travel Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lonely Planet Not-For-Parents The Travel Book

Andrew Shumate
Nov 11, 2015 Andrew Shumate rated it it was amazing
Shelves: edrd-314
I would love to have this book in my future classroom. This book was obviously written by someone who knows how to hold the attention of a child (or a childish 20 year old).
The book includes information about every single country in the world (I believe it's still current. Each country has a single page devoted to it. Don't expect to find facts comparable to what would be found in the extensive and annually updated CIA World Fact Book (another amazing book). The facts found in this book include,
Asa Jacobs
Dec 15, 2014 Asa Jacobs rated it liked it
This is a travel book designed for children. Over 200 countries are featured in this book. There are interesting facts about each of the countries and fun quirky pictures to go along with the material. This book reminds me of the Guinness Book of World Records in the way it is set up and engages students. Animals, geography, architecture, and culture are addressed in this book that contains hundreds of fun facts. There isn't a story told in this book but it presents information in a fun way.

Thi
Colleen Moran
Apr 06, 2012 Colleen Moran rated it it was amazing
Shelves: social-studies
I loved this book because each page is filled with different facts about each country and has great real pictures and cartoons about different items on the page. Students can use this as a resource or a beginning to doing further research on different countries. There are so many great facts and pictures that students would find this book interesting and read it.
Jo Bennie
Nov 30, 2014 Jo Bennie rated it really liked it
Shelves: d
Having lost my 8 year old to this for hours at a time I can thoroughly recommend it. It is colourful, divided into sections by continent, with a page devoted to each country. It's one of those books that educates without seeming to, on each page is a small map and flag of the country with brief details, capital city, population, currency, size etc and how to say hello in the official language of the country. The rest of the page is devoted to fascinating array of pictures and information about t ...more
Online Eccentric Librarian
Jul 24, 2014 Online Eccentric Librarian rated it really liked it

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

I absolutely love the lonely planetNot For Parents London (General Reference) guide. My son's grandparents are in England and it helped me build up excitement and interest in going to visit them.

The Travel Book is more of a learning tool than a guide. It basically devotes one page to each country with some interesting facts about each (click on the "see inside this book" link to get some nice examples).

I use it with my 4
Dale
Feb 03, 2012 Dale rated it it was amazing
Lonely Planet Not For Parents: The Travel Book by Michael DuBois, Katri Hilden and Jane Price

Have a little fun, learn a little something

Published by Lonely Planet in 2011.
208 pages.

The cover of this book perfectly describes it: "Cool stuff to know about every country in the world." Inside, every country, from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe has one page in this book. Every page includes some basic facts, including the flag, the population, the language spoken, the currency and its area in square miles
Seta Davidian
Apr 24, 2016 Seta Davidian rated it it was amazing
A great gift for a kid. 1 page on every country with basic facts - super for a child who likes geography. Recommend for age 8 & up.
Jessie
Apr 22, 2014 Jessie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my all-time favourite books! It really helped me in school as I'm now top of the class in geography!
Haylee
Jun 30, 2015 Haylee rated it really liked it
Quick facts and bright colors/images about the countries of the world
Jun 28, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing
What a great spin on a travel book - awesome idea Lonely Planet. I really enjoyed the facts they presented like gross food items, hideous history facts and dangerous animals, etc. The format made it easy to read and will be a quick reference book for me leading to any travel destination. Many of the images in the book had my 5 year old daughter asking questions too - and I love questions!
Lorri
May 23, 2013 Lorri rated it liked it
For whatever the reason, when I requested this from the library I thought this was for people NOT traveling with children. Crazy me. This looks to be a great book for elementary level children interested in exotic countries. Simple basic information but doesn't talk down to a child. Clearly avoids any discussion of current events or which countries are unsafe to travel to.
David
Feb 10, 2013 David rated it it was amazing
This book has gotten more use by my kids than any other book of stuff-it'd-be-cool-for-them-to-know-and-they're-kind-of-interested-in. This book is EXCELLENTLY done.
Vonze (Yvonne)
Feb 06, 2012 Vonze (Yvonne) rated it really liked it
Cute guide book that teaches kids facts about various, interesting vacations locations.
Abraham Ray
May 25, 2012 Abraham Ray rated it really liked it
nice read for travelers.
it was an interesresting read to say the least.
Kate
Sep 30, 2012 Kate rated it really liked it

Really fun, educational.
Lara
Lara marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
Frank
Frank added it
Aug 30, 2016
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Debby
Debby marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Lisa Harrity
Lisa Harrity rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2016
TheAsianSanta
TheAsianSanta rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2016
Karina
Karina marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Debbie Black
Debbie Black rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2016
Katie DeClaire
Katie DeClaire rated it really liked it
May 08, 2016
Theleah
Theleah marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Jyoti Bakshi
Jyoti Bakshi marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Lexi
Lexi added it
Apr 03, 2016
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Nathan
Nathan rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
book review 1 1 Oct 05, 2015 01:50PM

Not-for-Parents (6 books)
  • How to Be a World Explorer (Not-for-Parents)
  • Not For Parents Extreme Planet
  • Everything You Ever Wanted To Know (Not-for-Parents)
  • Not-For-Parents: How to Be a Dinosaur Hunter: Your Globe-Trotting, Time-Traveling Guide
  • Not For Parents USA: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know