Start by marking “Taking Out the Trailer Trash” as Want to Read:
Taking Out the Trailer Trash

Taking Out the Trailer Trash

3.52  ·  Rating Details  ·  205 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
People are dropping like flies at the Happy Times RV Park and Charlene is afraid she might be next if she doesn’t figure out why. The gig as manager of the park in a small town on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi seemed perfect for a writer trying to find time to write her second book, until a resident is found with his brains splattered on his tacky old couch.

Charlene is no
Published June 3rd 2011

To ask other readers questions about Taking Out the Trailer Trash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taking Out the Trailer Trash

K.J. Kron
Jul 15, 2011 K.J. Kron rated it it was amazing
I loved Janet Evanovich's Stephaine Plum series, but somewhere around book number ten or so (I made it to 13) I got bored. Same old, same old. Don't get me wrong, I love her books but enough is enough. I wanted something new and in that style. And I found it right here with Taking Out the Trailer Trash. Funny, engaging - and similar in the respect that you have a woman in over her head trying to figure out a mystery. Well done - give this book a try.
Sara
Feb 16, 2013 Sara rated it liked it
As I read this book, the descriptions of the area made me want to book a flight to the MS Gulf Coast. I enjoyed the way the author pulled the Katrina disaster into her story, giving the reader a "view" into the effects of that massive storm.

Charlene is a writer, one published book, and as she works on her next she takes a "low-pressure" job as the manager of a trailer park. She figures it will be pretty easy work with plenty of time for writing...and it is until one of the park residents is murd
Susan
Sep 11, 2013 Susan rated it liked it
2.5 out of 5 stars.

Having read some pretty dark but excellent books lately, I needed something light and fluffy, a potato chip book. This is one of the zillions of cheap or free books offered by Amazon for Kindle, and the title sounded like something I could enjoy.

And I did. After the first few chapters, I would have rated the book as a 2-star, but I did get caught up in the story. The writing sometimes feels amateurish and the plot is nothing to write home about. The characters, not very believ
Amanda
Feb 16, 2013 Amanda rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
I always feel so bad writing a less than stellar review of a book, especially if I didn't hate the book in question.

This book had such a great concept, but it felt completely and utterly rushed to me. The characters are well developed (although a little stereotypical for a southern trailer park), but I'm just not sure it's working. The characters barely react to the crimes and brutal murders and disappearances that happen right next door and then, when a romance blossoms between the manager of
Marilyn
Apr 05, 2014 Marilyn rated it it was amazing
Great

this was the type of story that you couldn't wait to see what happens next.the relationships were s.

bout sexual abuse. t

in com
plewment
Ty Hutchinson
Jul 02, 2011 Ty Hutchinson rated it really liked it
Janice Ivy does a wonderful job of bringing the Happy Times trailer park to life with a colorful cast of characters. Everyone from Charlene, the park manager, to Darcy and Teddy, the young and dumb couple, to Maggie the feisty old lady.

Charlene wants nothing more then to be left alone to write her novels but when residents of the park turn up dead, it's her, that everyone comes running to for answers. Not wanting to be involved, Charlene tries very hard to stay out of it, but that's not in the
Phycilla Gable
Oct 06, 2015 Phycilla Gable rated it it was amazing
Amazon review

Very unusual book. Funny, interesting, crazy, twisted plot. Will definitely hold your interest. Interesting characters and interesting storyline. Thankfully no sex scenes.
Betty
Dec 18, 2011 Betty rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, kindle
Charlene’s first novel has just been published and she couldn’t be happier. Unfortunately, being a published author isn’t quite as lucrative as she had hoped. She needs a day job that will give her time to finish her second novel before the money from the first one runs out. Managing a small RV park on the Mississippi Gulf Coast seems like the perfect gig. It’s close to the beach, the rent is paid, and the job demands are minimal.

Things seem to be working out just great until the murders start.

W
Jolene Macfadden-kowalchuk
May 30, 2016 Jolene Macfadden-kowalchuk rated it really liked it
Taking Out the Trailer Trash is a fun, keep you guessing romp

A little heavy in the southern language style but it is a great little cozy mystery that everyone can enjoy
N B
Dec 16, 2015 N B rated it did not like it
Started reading this one because it was free and continued reading till the end as a self punishment/character building. Glad to report that the end was met.
Karen Ziller marks
Feb 10, 2016 Karen Ziller marks rated it really liked it
Cute

This was a cute story. I would be interested in reading more books by this author and more stories about these characters.
Sherry
Aug 05, 2012 Sherry rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, 2012
I downloaded this as part of my subscriptions for Kindle free books. It's a fun read that could do with a little pruning. Writer Charlene is the manager of a trailer park. Early in her job a man is brutally murdered. Shortly thereafter another man is executed and nailed to the park sign. Some one is literally taking out the trailer trash. Charlene finds herself embroiled in the case and involved with the handsome police detective on the case. The story is good but some sections of dialogue go o ...more
Trudy
Sep 03, 2014 Trudy rated it liked it
Mystery with a touch of humor. Lightweight read, not bad.
Lynn Demsky
Jan 30, 2012 Lynn Demsky rated it it was amazing
A string of murders entraps Charlene (the trailer park manager & author just having published her first book) into a never-ending mystery, full of colorful characters with intriguing - and sometimes dangerous - pasts. As Charlene tries to get to the bottom of what is happening, each time she gets one question answered, several more pop up. I enjoyed this unpredictable page-turner. This is a delightfully fun read, filled with intrigue, humor, and a dash of romance - a great combination for a ...more
Karin
I really liked the story. The writing was ok, but I felt that sometime things were over explained in their conversations. Like the main character would think something about one of the others, and then the other person would explain it exactly the way the main character thought it. I don't know if that makes sense. That was the only thing that bugged me. I really liked Gus, Maggie, and the other characters and the main character was believable.
Mark Polino
May 19, 2013 Mark Polino rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, 2013
Taking Out the Trailer Trash was a fast read. There's plenty of fun in here and some interesting characters. However, I would've like a little more build up. A trailer park could be such a fun microcosm of characters but I didn't feel like it got used as well as it could have. Also, the final explanation of the mystery was a little heavy handed.
Kelly
Jan 11, 2013 Kelly rated it liked it
The story was great paced. but i felt it was a bit weak. the dialogue was good but frustrating as well since they sometimes felt forced and unnecessary. the romance was sweet but predictable and i felt it detracted from the story. overall it was an enjoyable read but not something that's going to open your mind or even be very memorable.
Marilyn
Feb 07, 2013 Marilyn rated it really liked it
This was a very entertaining read. It has a cast of colorful, quirky characters that you can really enjoy. Throw in some crazy critters and a bit of mystery and you have a very good book. Oh and just a dab of romance. It's definitely worth picking up.
Ramona
Jan 03, 2014 Ramona rated it liked it
Entertaining and held my interest, although the amateurish writing & typos kept me from rating it any higher than a 3 star.
Indie Books For99
Oct 22, 2011 Indie Books For99 rated it it was amazing
When I need pure entertainment, there is nothing better than a comic mystery. This one delivers on all fronts. It made me laugh and made me tense. I recommend it to anyone who is a fan of Janet Evanovich.
Valerie
Jan 13, 2013 Valerie rated it liked it
This book held my interest and I liked the characters. Each character was unique in their own way and had me laughing at times. A good quick read.
Paulamontour
Dec 31, 2013 Paulamontour rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
cute
Anna Wadlow
Jan 21, 2013 Anna Wadlow rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It included a little mystery, suspense, romance, and murder. I will look for more books by this author.
Ruth
Mar 03, 2012 Ruth rated it did not like it
c2011. Ho Hum! FWFTB: author, RV, ex-madam, fugitive, murder. FCN: Charlene, Dave, Gus, Darcy, Lorene.
Bobbye Hudspeth
Jan 07, 2012 Bobbye Hudspeth rated it really liked it
It had just enough intrigue to hold my interest and enough twists, turns and a few laughs to make it fun.
Janet Randon
Jul 03, 2012 Janet Randon rated it it was amazing

Loved this book. It's a great read and full of lots of loveable characters. Well done.
Carole Stamps
Jul 23, 2012 Carole Stamps rated it liked it
Light, easy, predictible read. For a freebie it was pretty good. Only a few editing mistakes.
Barbara
Sep 13, 2012 Barbara rated it liked it
It was pretty good for a free book. The plot did seem contrived at certain points.
Michelle
Aug 10, 2013 Michelle rated it it was ok
A free Kindle offering, so I was unable to resist the title. A quick easy read.
Yvonne
Oct 21, 2013 Yvonne rated it it was amazing
This book was a lot of fun!! So many twists and the characters were hilarious!!
Madison Mega-Mara...: #83 Taking Out the Trailer Trash 1 1 Sep 03, 2014 08:19PM
  • Picking Lemons
  • Death on the Aegean Queen (Dotsy Lamb, #3)
  • Pompomberry House
  • Tidewater Murder (Carolina Slade Mystery Series, #2)
  • California Schemin' (A Bree MacGowan Mystery #2)
  • Ting-A-Ling (Dev Haskell Mystery, #7)
  • A Purse to Die For
  • Cold Sake: Yamabuki vs. the Undead
  • One Garish Ghost & Blueberry Peach Jam (Dead by the Numbers, #1)
  • A Corpse in the Soup: A Silver Sisters Mystery (Silver Sisters Mysteries)
  • The Ghost Ship
  • A Body in the Backyard (Myrtle Clover Cozy Mysteries #4)
  • Life's a Beach Then You Die
  • Death on an Autumn River (Sugawara Akitada #9)
  • Remix
  • Love Finds You in Victory Heights, Washington
  • Calamity Jayne Boxed Set (Calamity Jayne, #1-6)
  • The Marathon Murders (Greg McKenzie Mysteries, Book 4)