Start by marking “Architectural Graphics” as Want to Read:
Architectural Graphics

Francis D.K. Ching

Architectural Graphics

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  421 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The completely updated, illustrated bestseller on architectural graphics with over 500,000 copies sold

Architectural Graphics presents a wide range of basic graphic tools and techniques designers use to communicate architectural ideas. Expanding upon the wealth of illustrations and information that have made this title a classic, this Fourth Edition provides expanded and up
Published April 15th 1985 by John Wiley & Sons (first published November 30th 1974)

To ask other readers questions about Architectural Graphics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Architectural Graphics

Gulzab
A classic by Ching, used by architecture students through the decades, it seems. Manual drafting techniques are essential, and a good architect, although well versed in CAD, can't succeed without learning the tips and tricks Ching offers throughout Architectural Graphics.
Cindy
I read the parts I was assigned necessary to draft buildings. Includes the needed materials, perspectives, rendering (I didn't read that part), presentations, and free hand (as opposed to using a ruler and such architect tools). Many drawn pictures, examples, and shading. Seems like it includes all the basic techniques you need to draw buildings from different angles. I've used it as a reference many times.
Sunil Seervi
i think to read this book
LandscapeArchitect Books
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University / College of Architecture and Urban Studies / Landscape Architecture Department / Recommended Reading / Landscape Graphics
Andrew
Very informative and beautifully laid out. I love how it is completely hand-lettered and illustrated.
Anna
I red it when I was in my junior year.
But I think read just not enough. Practise makes perfect.
Shraddha
A great tool for a beginning architecture student. Covers the basics with decent illustrations.
Kevin Cheng
Aug 23, 2007 Kevin Cheng marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: design
Recommended to me by Alan Cooper.
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Mar
Mar marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Jouman Alamh
Jouman Alamh marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Arq Alex
Arq Alex marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Muskaan Kohli
Muskaan Kohli is currently reading it
May 21, 2015
Maria Pastor
Maria Pastor marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
KENNETH
KENNETH marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Igor Santos
Igor Santos marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Dawn
Dawn added it
May 12, 2015
Reak
Reak marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
  • Fundamentals of Building Construction: Materials and Methods
  • Modern Architecture Since 1900
  • Color Drawing: Design Drawing Skills and Techniques for Architects, Landscape Architects, and Interior Designers
  • A History of Architecture: Settings and Rituals
  • The Architecture of the City
  • Analysing Architecture
  • Thinking Architecture
  • Architects' Data
  • Modern Architecture: A Critical History (World of Art)
  • The Phaidon Atlas of Contemporary World Architecture
  • The Seven Lamps of Architecture
  • Great Streets
  • The Ten Books on Architecture
  • The Image of the City
Frank (Francis D. K.) Ching (born 1943) is a widely recognized author of books addressing architectural and design graphics. Ching's books have been widely influential and continue to shape the visual language of all fields of design. He is a Professor Emeritus at the University of Washington.
More about Francis D.K. Ching...
Architecture: Forms, Space, & Order A Visual Dictionary of Architecture Building Construction Illustrated Design Drawing Interior Design Illustrated