Start by marking “Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1-5)” as Want to Read:
Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1-5)

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy #1-5)

4.66 of 5 stars 4.66  ·  rating details  ·  1,570 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Paperback
Published June 23rd 2011 by Books Events (first published August 20th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Academy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire Academy

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingVampire Academy by Richelle MeadThe Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisThe Wide Game by Michael  West
My fave series books (on rank)
2nd out of 13 books — 5 voters
Insurgent by Veronica RothDivergent by Veronica RothCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareCity of Ashes by Cassandra ClareCity of Glass by Cassandra Clare
BOOKS TO TOTALLY DIE FOR!
113th out of 120 books — 21 voters

More lists with this book...

Madilyn Graham
Debi Vance
I just finished this one and really enjoyed it am going to get the next this week. I love reading a book in a series. I enjoy really seeing the Characters come to life and into there own as each book progresses
Jamie
I loved this series. I couldn't put them down i was reading one a week.
Allyn Joyce
I love it! I love it! I love it!
Okay, I admit, at the first book, I was like "Gawd, Rose is so unlikable and Lissa well so plain, shy pathetic and it was so boring. Maybe I'll just restudy the calculus, or maybe go watch some movies or just zzz" but now after reading until book 5. "Really! forget the calculus, forget the movies, forget the sleeping let's finish this on!" and I love and understand Rose too, and for Lissa well, I don't like her, and I don't hate her either. But still I really Lov
Keziah Tupaz
When I first read it, the first book I mean, I can say I really didn't quiet get it at first 'coz there's a lot happening and it's not explained well.

But when I read everything. I was like.....wow! I swear, it's not the normal Vampire Story like that of Twilight. It's more than that! It's best than that! This series is by far the most beautiful Vampire Story I've read. It's UNIQUE. That bond Rose and Lissa have is just amazing. I've never heard of it, never read a story like that either. I love
Scarlett Bacchus o'callaghan
Nov 02, 2012 Scarlett Bacchus o'callaghan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everybody with an open mind
Shelves: favorites
FORGET EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT VAMPIRES FORGET TWILIGHT!
Now thats out of the way lets get down to the review.
This series is more then a romance (the romance is merely a subplot) its more then vampires. Its deep and philosophical at times and will make you laugh and cry in the same breath. The world is incredibly well written and has its own politcal and social issues that get you hooked and angry as if its your own world. .
I've never read a book with greater character developement and nor ha
nicole nowak
these girls can really kick some butt!! a vampire princess and her protector fight to protect themselves and the school that they...love???....hate???....ehh it's complicated.... add in some magical powers, evil strigoi vampires and you are in for one heck of a wild ride.
Nikki
i sooooooooooooooooooo loooveeeee this book ...!!!!
vampire academy : great ... can't wait for the next book!!!
frostbite : i cried when _____ died ...
shadow kiss: ohhh my .... _____ turned ______!!!!
blood promise : well ... she went to ____ .. she met ____ .. she saw _____ ... i love this book
spirit bound: her boyfriend is ______ ... i sooooo love this book ... but ___ said to rose ..
________....__________has.... awww .... i cried .... but i love that quote ...
last sacrifice: !!! whaaa
Kristin
I really enjoyed this series. The first book was a bit cheesy but as the characters mature so does the story-line. It gets really good by the second & third books!
Casey
I absolutely loved this series. I read them a while back but I remember when Dimitri was turned, I actually threw the book because it was so late at night and I couldn't go get the next book. Everything ended perfectly and every book left me begging for more. Dimitri is the ultimate bad ass Russian god and the perfect gentleman wrapped up into one. I absolutely love Adrian but it isn't right for him to end up with Rose because Rose would never have been able to love him. Dimitri had already take ...more
Enni
2.5 stars I give this. I am usually a big fan of vampire novels but this book gave me a mixture of feelings of good and bad. Reason for it being in the middle.

Overall it was OK. Was wondering what the fuss was about over this book so I brought the whole collection. Sometimes it would suck me in and sometimes it bored me to death.

Disliked the ending. Could have been more. I liked Adrian, Dimitri was boring before he turned vampire. I prefered him being the bad guy. Adrian was one of the reasons
Bree Hodges
You need to read this series. NOW.
It is AMAZING!!
Amanda
I really loved this series. The first book was pretty good, with a mystery the main theme. The series really kicks in at the end of book 2, that is when I went from enjoying the series to loving it. Each book just got better and better. Richelle Mead is one of my favourite authors and the world that she has created in this series is really interesting.
Raeann
This is considered a YA series - I would say more geared towards high school age. Although the name implies vampires, there isn't a lot of that going on. This series was like candy for me - I totally ate each book up - super easy fast reads.
Unfortunately the newest series by Rachelle Mead is not nearly as good.
Jasmine
I loved this series, bought one book and read it before realising there were more. Read them all one after another and was bitterly disappointed when the series finished. At least I know she's working on another series tying in with characters from these books - something to look forward to!!
Ren
Shadow kiss was one of the best!! I cried at the end, and had to wait a year until blood promise came out. Blood promise was so so. Spirit bound was awesome and last sacrifice the best, I was so shocked to find out that Tasha killed queen Tatiana.
Mk
LOVED this series! If you are looking for something a little bit different from your typical vampire school story, this is it! Richelle Mead has a great sense of humor and her characters jump to life from the pages.
Tracy Chiara
Richelle Mead's main character is Rose Hathaway. Rose is strong, sensitive, flawed, and completely likeable. The story line is intriguing. The love story is emotionally evocative.
Gabby
Amazing series.
Really refreshing Vampire series after the whole Twilight craziness.
Would highly recommend this series to anyone who enjoys fantasy / vampire books!
Christina Ortiz
One of my favorite series. I love Rose, she is such a great character. Plus the chemistry between her and Demetri is hot.
Katie
Wonderful series, I am completely attached. Well worth the read if you are looking for a break from Twilight-copy cats.
Rose H
Aug 13, 2011 Rose H added it
luve dthe series i was so sad that it ended i loved that serires so much! :D
Alicia
Oct 12, 2012 Alicia added it
Middy Wallace
This was one of few series where I actually enjoyed each book.
Sadaf
my eyes were glued to it!...didn't want the book to finish
Airicka Phoenix
I couldn't get to the last book fast enough!
Wendela
Fantastic series! You should totally read it!
Carey Riley
Love! Love! Love! Couldn't put it down!!!!!
Bookheads
  • At the Party (At the Party, #1-4)
  • Percy Jackson and the Olympians Boxed Set (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1-4)
  • คิวบิก 2 (CUBIC, #2)
  • The Morganville Vampires, #1-9
  • State of Pursuit (Collapse Series #4)
  • Contagious Chaos (The Contagium, #3)
  • The Iron Fey Boxed Set: The Iron King, The Iron Daughter, The Iron Queen, The Iron Knight
  • Resurrection (Apocalypse Chronicles, #2)
  • Kissing Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker, #1.5)
  • The Caster Chronicles 1-3 Collection (Caster Chronicles, #1-3)
  • Dreams and Desires
  • Marked / Betrayed / Chosen / Untamed / Tempted / Burned (House of Night #1-4, 6-7)
  • The Order (Saletti Blood, #1)
  • Fundamentals of Nursing: Concepts, Process, and Practice
  • Sudden Independents (Book 1)
  • Tw7sted
  • Awakening (Alfonzo, #5)
  • Dead Surge (White Flag of the Dead #5)

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away f
More about Richelle Mead...
Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)