Coltrain's Proposal

Coltrain's Proposal (Long, Tall Texans #14)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  801 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Dr. Louise Blakely didn't want to love Jeb Coltrain. They were supposed to be partners, running the Jacobsville medical clinic together, but instead, he treated her like the enemy. And yet when Lou tells Jeb that she's leaving, he shocks her by proposing!It wouldn't be a real marriage, of course...at least, that was Jeb's intent. Then he started to get to know Lou, to let...more
Published July 1st 2011 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published 1995)

willaful
I'm kind of bummed I didn't like this more, because the characters were a little different for Palmer. Our heroine Lou is not only a doctor, but she's pretty smart and tough. And Palmer was obviously just going crazy with heroes around this time, because the previous title in the series had a blond and this one is a redhead! (Don't worry though, they're still major jerks. With hairy chests. And Stetsons. All is right in the Palmer world.)

So I kind of liked the characters and the chemistry was go...more
Deedee
Absolutely loved this book!! I love a good hero antagonist because he's a mean grouch. And a good heroine who could hold her own. Such a good book. It was funny in some parts and interesting in others. You get the gist of it in the description of the book.

Sidebar: Diana Palmer is one of my go to authors when I want a good light hearted book that will put a smile on my face and have me giggling like a little girl. I absolutely love her. And even though I haven't read a lot of books by her, I kno...more
Adriana Fogaça
Homens do Texas 14
Primavera de Amor
Diana Palmer
H. Destino 86
2008

Sou categórica, pra mim Jeb Coltrain é o segundo melhor mocinho da DP, só perde mesmo para, o meu amado, Cash Grier. Como Cash, Jeb está sempre aparecendo nas estórias dos Homens do Texas. E sempre fazendo seu melhor para a população de Jacobsville, pois é o médico mais requisitado da cidade.

Também adoro a Lou, ela como Jeb, é uma excelente profissional e provavelmente a mais querida pela população da pequena cidade. Apesar dos mal...more
Amanda Sheila
Well, it's quite nice.

Jebediah Coltrain or we called him Copper, is a young doctor in Jacobsville. And he kind of hate his partner, Louise Balkeley. Mostly because Lou's father had an affair with Copper's fiancèe long time ago. He hate Lou until Lou find out the reason why and hand him her resignation letter..

I like the storyline, but there are some parts that bored me. I expect something more angsty but there's nothing more than hateful phonecall. So.. yeah.

Again, typical od Diana Palmer, en...more
Fanny Roswita Ria
Seperti novel Diana Palmer lainnya, ciri khasnya d tampilkan di novel ini. Lou, tokoh utama wanita, mencintai Coltrain, teman sejawatnya di RS tanpa menyadari kalau Coltrain tdk menyukai dirinya krn Ayah Lou menghamili tunangan Coltrain di masa lalu. Ketika Lou tahu hal itu, dia menyadari kalau cintanya thd Coltrain bertepuk sebelah tangan dan sia-sia.

Akhirnya Lou memutuskan utk resign dan memulai hidupnya ditempat lain sehingga ia bs melupakan Coltrain. Tetapi kejadiannya malah diluar dugaan, C...more
Tonya Warner
Dr. Louise Blakely knows that Dr. Jebediah Coltrain can not stand her. Overhearing him saying just that makes her realize that even though she might love the man, she must leave.

Jeb has never understood why Lou always backed away from him. He knew that he had given her a hard time while working with her. But he had a difficult time getting past who her father was, and what he had done. He knows that Lou is keeping secrets from him, but he finds that she loves him, and he refuses to let her go.

A...more
Desiree reilly
This is the second of the series and the little town of Jacksonville the doc
are suppose to get along.Louise Blakely came to the town to help with people
They were on shaky ground with Jeb she doe her work and he does not like ti
but when they fall in love with him but does not tell him . She was going
to leave and then Jeb found a way to keep her her trains
Sandy
I would give this book 2 1/2 stars. I started liking it but somewhere in the middle I started disliking the guy. He was too arrogant for my tastes because all he kept saying was I know you love me I know you want me. A bit arrogant for me.
Sannn~~~
Tadinya sih mau kasi 2 bintang aja, tp krn SAM gw naekin 1 bintang lagi deh..
Ceritanya cukup simple n tipikal DP bgt dimana co n ce nya sm2 punya porsi nyebelin yg sama di wkt2 yg berbeda.. :P
Aayesha
I liked this book very much, mostly because of the medicine theme. Lou was really sweet and Copper, if a bit rough at first, turned out to be really something. Another favourite by Diana Palmer.
Nataly
*arrived 18-0510

suka banget ama ini buku..wajib di baca!!
Tukang Kueh Keren
kalo ini kisah cinta dokternya warga Jacobville :D
Amel Armeliana
Definitely one of my favorite. Loved this book.
Pat
Dr Lou Blakeley and Dr Coltrain
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Tophunmee
Tophunmee marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
May
May marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Beverly Moreno
Beverly Moreno marked it as to-read
Marisa
Marisa added it
Jeri
Jeri added it
Jul 11, 2014
  • The Millionaire's Mistress  (Passion, #3) (Harlequin Presents, #2026)
  • Pernikahan Pura-Pura (Married by Arrangement)
  • The Playboy & Plain Jane (Dynasties: The Barones #1)
  • Emily and the Notorious Prince
  • Tiger Prince
  • Bedding His Virgin Mistress
  • Unforgiven (Beartooth, Montana, #1)
  • Stand-In Wife
  • The Unexpected Millionaire (The Million Dollar Catch #2)
  • McCade's Way
  • Greek Tycoon, Waitress Wife
  • Deserving of His Diamonds?
  • Bought By The Greek Tycoon
  • Sarah's Child (Spencer-Nyle Co, #1)
  • Treat Her Right (Men To The Rescue #4) (Harlequin Temptation, No. 852)
  • Rescue Me

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's liberation movement many years before it became fashionab...more
More about Diana Palmer...
Lawless Heartless (Long, Tall Texans, #36) Lawman (STP - Mira) Fearless (Long, Tall Texans, #35) Renegade