Start by marking “Stars in Our Hearts” as Want to Read:

Stars in Our Hearts

4.45 of 5 stars 4.45  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Published June 30th 2011 by Eber & Wein

Amber
I may be totally biased, because I have a poem in this book. (Written All Over My Body - Amber Powers)

I think the price of this collection is absolutely ridiculous, though. Any book that has lame poems about Justin Beiber and Adam Lambert that sound awfully stalkerish should not cost $70. That's a crime.

But there were some genuinely amazing poems in here. Ones that I could relate to.

And then there was all the riffraff: (i.e. See singers listed above) as well as poems that were so obviously a sch
Nicole Strunk
Well, I thought it was awesome mostly because I was published in the book (Dependent, Alaska Green) so it seems that it makes me a bit bias. I don't really care, to be honest. I loved most of the work that was in the book, there was some really great writing. I would have read it and loved it, even if I was not included in it.
Annalie Buscarino
Wonderful. There would be some admiring adjective in front of that word if the book weren't so expensive. Of course, I'm being a tad biased here, being that I'm published in it (The Falls, page 174) and to prove some readers' beliefs, the poem is a sixth grade English assignment that I blush to read now. Other than my embarrassigly bad poem, the book holds some inspiring works that excite me to read. Overrall, a very enjoyable and beneficial read for the poet in you.
Lana Mitchell
Stars in Our Hearts: Finesse by World Poetry Movement contains my first published poem "For Carmen: On Becoming A Woman." I was thrilled when I received the note that it would be published. The cover is hardback and is at home on my shelf with the poetry books by other poets. I can't say that I feel that my poem is in a collection that helps it to get its best reading. I'd like to get your opinion.
David Thornton
Its a great oppurtunity for writers to get noticed but it is also a little pricy.
Please comment and tell me what you think of my poem "John Doe".
Sonofthedragon Biedenbach
Well I'm in it so I guess my review doesn't count ("Last Stand" is my brain child). But I do really love eveyones work. Fantastic in general!
Jan Weisel
Thank-you World Poetry Movement for giving me an award for my poem and publishing "In The Garden Of His Grace." Jan Hastings Weisel
Annette Radcliff
being that my poem is in this book, i am a lil biased! haha. but no, this is a really good book of poems. it is a must read in my opinion.
Meghan
I really love it but that's probably just cause I have a poem in it...
Lynn
Nov 16, 2011 Lynn marked it as to-read
Im in this boook, my poem i mean, So i can't wait to read.
Spencer Minner
Spencer Minner marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Resaleaumoanagmail. Com
Resaleaumoanagmail. Com marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Kareema Witherspoon
Kareema Witherspoon marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Nekeisha Ragsdale
Nekeisha Ragsdale is currently reading it
Dec 02, 2014
Diane Richardson
Diane Richardson marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Kelci Northcutt
Kelci Northcutt marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Hannah Baiden
Hannah Baiden marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Janice Hastings
Janice Hastings marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Martin
Martin marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Jeana Marie
Jeana Marie marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Cyndel
Cyndel added it
Nov 10, 2014
Shyanna Barrett
Shyanna Barrett marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Tiffany Thomas
Tiffany Thomas marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Frances Whalen
Frances Whalen marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
  • Damaged: Natalie's Story
  • A Place in This Life
  • No One to Hear You Scream
  • A Lighter Shade of Gray
  • Immortal Darkness (The Phantom Diaries, #3)
  • Escape from Verona
  • Rockettes, Rockstars and Rockbottom
  • Waiting on Hope
  • Guardian
  • Anti-Depressant: A Novel
  • Monarch
  • Sherry and Narcotics
  • Unbreakable Love
Stars in our Hearts: Moments Stars in Our Hearts: Dreams Star in Our Hearts Findings Stars in Our Hearts: Journeys Stars in Our Hearts: Signs