Start by marking “Guardian Agent” as Want to Read:
Guardian Agent

Guardian Agent (Agents Under Fire #1)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  404 ratings  ·  47 reviews
When Gabe Cannon's commando team is tasked with bringing down a rogue soldier, he doesn't expect to come face-to-face with the target's sister at the showdown instead of the man himself.

Jasmine is trying to lead the team away from her injured brother. Recognizing one of the hunters as her teenage crush is definitely a shock to her system. To save her family, she must convi
Nook, 57 pages
Published June 23rd 2011 by Dana Marton (first published June 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Guardian Agent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guardian Agent

Slight spoiler*

Great premise which fulfilled expectations right up until the very near end.
Why? For the love of God, do authors feel the need to go for the over the top incredulous, cheesy endearments which always lends to a gruff snort from me!
There was nothing from the MC to indicate his emotions for the Heroine where anything other than lusty and appreciative.
The whole insta-love thing turns a sexy, fun, entertaining and action packed novella into a unrealistic pile of drivel and makes me h
This is a fast moving book. It's was way to short for me. Sexy as hell Gabe ( see the cover) was a once in the Army and then after the FBI and finally a private security firm. He finds himself in Venice looking for a old Army buddy who has gone AWOL and is wanted dead and not alive. Something seems fishy to Gabe the longer he gets into this OP. He finds himself face to face with who he thinks is his old friend Jake Tekla but it's not it's his sister Jasmine. Before he can find out anything she e ...more
Paula Graves
This short novella started with a bang and the tension never let up. Marton is an accomplished thriller writer, and it shows. Everytime I promised myself I'd stop and turn out the light, I kept reading just one more page.

My only complaint was that the story just wasn't long enough to suit me. The relationship between the characters barely had time to evolve at all before the story ended with the assumption that they were now going to be a couple. I'd have liked a little more fleshing out of the
Gabe Cannon Felt Something Was Wrong As He Sneaked Quietly On A Church Roof In Venice, Brent The Team Leader Ordered Him To Take A Kill Shot. As A Former Solider And A Former FBI Agent, He Did Not Want To Kill Recklessly As He Had Killed Way Too Much Trying To Say Alive Yet Destroyed North Village And Left Widows And Orphans To Fend For Themselves. Gabe Waited For His Chance To Take His Former Friend Down And Ignored The Thought That They Knew Each Other, Served Together But Jake Tekla Was AWOL ...more
In Guardian Angel, Jasmine is on the run with her little sister Mandy and their big brother Jake, an AWOL Special Ops soldier who has been framed for murder. Jake's former Army buddy Gabe is on the contract mercenary team assigned to find him. But Gabe is getting suspicious of his team leader's motives, and when Jasmine finds Gabe and asks for his help, his instinctive response is to help her. He remembers her as a teenager, but she has grown into a beautiful and brave woman desperate to save he ...more
This is my first book by Dana Marton and you can be sure it won't be my last.

I was caught in the fast moving story of this novella. Gabe, who is ex Military and ex FBI, is now working for a private securities firm and they are on a mission in Venice to capture a soldier who went AWOL. Coincidentally, the rogue soldier Jake, happened to be an old Army friend.

On one of their stakeouts, Gabe thought they were closing in on Jake only to realize the person was his sister, Jasmine. But before he could
Jasmine hurried along the Grand Canal, dodging a group of diehard revelers, glancing back over her shoulder for the hundredth time. She couldn't see Gabe Cannon anywhere.
Her teenage fantasy man was hunting her brother. She sure hadn't seen that coming. Freaking surreal.
He looked just as good as when she'd first met him at that airport and had fallen instantly in love over pizza and chips. One of those unavoidable pitfalls of life, really. He'd been more handsome than any of her pop idols, and
I loved this fast paced action novella infused with a budding romance! You will fall in love with Agent Gabe Cannon, ex- FBI, ex-US Army, as he is determined to discover why his new employer has a vengeance to kill Jake Telka and his innocent sisters. As Gabe discovers the truth, he makes saving Telka and his sisters, especially Telka's sister Jasmine, from harm his mission! Loved this quick read and can't wait to start on Book 2 of this series!
3.5 stars: Liked it

This was a fast read, decent plot, nice characters and the right amount of action and suspence to keep me intrigued. The only real flaw in this story was the love story part.
Jasmine had a crush on the Gabe when she was a teenager 10 years the recent past in the story she has been sexually abused at the point when she recoils from men's touch...still she doesn't overthink about kissing, touching and planning a future with Gabe just days (hell, we could even say hours
Jeanie Jackson
Fast paced, suspenseful, strong. Guardian Agent is a total winner even though it is short. I loved it and immediately purchased the other two book.

Jasmine must do everything she can to protect her brother and sister but her resources are extremely limited and a black ops group hired by the "government" have orders to kill with not regard for by standers. When she is captured by a Gabe, a man she had a teenage crush on, he shields her from the other commandos. Something feels wrong to him but he

Gabe is on his first mission for a large private security firm. The team is searching for a rogue solider. Gabe knows the man and is suspicious about the shoot to kill order. When the person he is chasing turns out to be the soldier's sister, Gabe decides to find out what is going on.
Jasmine is trying to keep her family safe. The men after her brother are very dangerous and will use anyone to catch him.

This is an action packed story, with a little romance.
This was a really good freebie. I've had it for a while and was just now getting to it. I really liked the characters and the story. There was plenty of action, emotions, suspense, good characters and a good ending. I would most definitely want to read more in this series. This had me holding my breath in parts, my muscles twitching (for all the good it would have really done me), had me thinking awwww a little, thinking hurry, hurry, had me expelling a whoosh a couple of times and a smile at th ...more
Bette Stanek
A quick paced novella that was at the end of book five in the Broslin Creek series. At first, I wasn't going to read it. Glad I did. It was worth the extra hour or so of my time. This one could easily have been a complete novel, the character development just wasn't there like it usually is in a Dana Marton book. But, then, this was a novella and there just wasn't time. The story was good, the action quick and the suspense lasted until the very end.
I bought this novella when is was bundled with the next two in the series and free (yay!). This one is about Gabe, but we meet Troy and Jake (the next two novellas).

Gabe is on a mission. This is his first mission with a private company that takes contracts from any who can pay. This one is from the U.S. government. They are after a former army buddy of Gabe's who has gone rogue. The story begins as Gabe is entering a building that is supposed to have the bad guy and Gabe gets the order to "shoot
Leslee Anderson
For a short novella it's ok. I'm alittle disappointed because there wasn't much to hold on to to keep everything rolling. Novellas are short and sweet but it was too short. It was much to ask for the characters to trust as much as they needed to before the end.
This is the 1st book I read by Dana Marton. This book's story line was really good. This book started off great. This was filled with action until the end. When I first started read this book I wasn't sure if Gabe was good or bad.
Donna Hatridge
This is a good story told in a short to the point action packed way. Would have loved it to be longer, but I know that Dana Marton has other books in this Agents Under Fire series. On the Nook this book has 141 pages.

When Gabe Cannon's commando team is tasked with bringing down a rogue solider, he doesn't expect to come face-to-face with the target's sister at the showdown instead of the man himself.

I didn't realize how short this book was, too short to get to know the characters. Really could do with a full length book hence the 2.5 stars.
A decent story, and the suspense plot intrigued me. But it was so short that the romance (over a few hours) was not believable. Sure, Jasmine had loved Gabe when she was a teenager, but there was no basis for an adult love there. Especially on Gabe's part, since he hadn't had any romantic feelings fir his friend Jake's sister back in the day. If the next book (Jake's) is a full-length, I would be willing to read it. I'd like to see if Marton can deliver a good romance with a higher page count. A ...more
Barbara Tsipouras
A suspensful stora but to short to get to know the characters. Not her best book.
This was a good, quick read. It was an interesting story with lots of action and just enough romance. The end seemed abrupt, and though I know this is part of a series, it seemed a little unfinished. It definitely made me read the next one! While I enjoyed the story and the characters, it was missing the something special I needed to really get into it and rate it higher. There was nothing wrong with the style or the story, it just could have been something exceptional and wasn't.
Just the right amount of romance and suspense.
Pam H
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Short, intense and gripping. I was drawn into this short story quickly and thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end. This is my third book by Dana Morton and I find each book as good and enticing as the next. Soldier good guy saving the heroine in general terms but fresh and absorbing. I eagerly look forward to my next read by this author.
After reading "The Black Sheep Sheik" I was wowed by her writing. In this one, I won a book that is Three In One Bundle. I'm not sure if its leaving out some information so it would fit into 3 in 1 book. I was little slightly disappointed. I thought it needed more. I am currently reading the 2nd story.
117 pgs. Short romsusp. It wasn't exactly bad, just didn't wow me in any way. I felt like I've read this same plot before, and better done, than this one. Hero was a bit boring and the ending a tad over the top. 2.5 stars
Probably won't be reading anything else by this author / cannot recommend.
This was really good for a short story! I am always wishing they were longer I am hoping to get a little more with the next book. I really enjoyed it. This is the first book I have read by this author I will be reading more.
  • Breaking Free (SEAL TEAM Heartbreakers #1)
  • The Huntress
  • The Protector (Crossfire, #1)
  • Damage Control
  • Roll The Dice (Vegas, #2)
  • On Edge (Decorah Security, #0.5)
  • Dangerous Kisses
  • Playing With Fire (All Fired Up #1)
  • No Way Out (TREX, #3)
  • Hell or High Water (Lost and Found, Inc., #1)
  • Bounty (Walk the Right Road, #4)
  • Chasing Shadows (Shadow Ops, #1)
  • SEAL Encounter (SEAL Brotherhood, #0.5)
  • Safe in His Arms (Manhunt, #1)
  • A Special Ops Christmas
  • Dream of Danger (Brown and de Luca, #1.5)
  • The Embattled Road (Lost and Found, #0.5)
  • Worth the Trip
Dana Marton writes fast-paced action-adventure romances that take her readers all over the globe. She is a Rita Award finalist and the winner of the Daphne du Maurier Award of Excellence. She loves writing stories of intrigue, filled with dangerous plots that try her tough-as-nails heroes and the special women they fall in love with. Her books have been published in seven languages in eleven coun ...more
More about Dana Marton...

Agents Under Fire (3 books)
  • Avenging Agent (Agents Under Fire #2)
  • Warrior Agent (Agents Under Fire #3)

“He registered the empty room a split second before she dropped on him from the storage shelf above the bathroom door, nearly knocking him off his feet.
"Hey. Stop that." He tried to twist to get hold of her, but his temple caught her sharp elbow and he saw stars. He staggered toward the bed and flipped her down at last, but she managed to hook her leg behind his neck and he ended up on the boom somehow, with her sittinbg on his chest.
Her wild, shoulder-length waves framed cheeks pink from effort, her chest heaving as she leaned forward to pin his hands next to his head on each side. She ended up with her fine breasts inches from his lips.
He could have subdued her in two moves, but he liked her on top of him.”
“They faced each other in silence for a long minute, both of them clearly uncomfortable. He hated all the awkwardness between them.
To hell with that. He smiled at her. "So do I get to know what's in that diary?"
She blushed crimson. "That diary got you into this mess. You could have been killed. How can you joke about it?"
"No joke. I'm sincerely interested." An understatement. He would have given his antique baseball bat collection to know what she'd written about him ten years ago.
"I was a foolish teenager."
"And now?" He stepped closer.”