Start by marking “Bad Boys of Summer” as Want to Read:
Bad Boys of Summer

Bad Boys of Summer (Bowling Friends #4)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  1,574 ratings  ·  63 reviews
Lazy days . . . steamy nights . . . and sweltering guys with rippling muscles doing what they do best . . .

Luscious by Lori Foster

Bethany Churchill just quit her lousy job, dumped her lousy boyfriend and moved into a new apartment. She's not looking for love, but her hot new landlord is determined to change her mind. SWAT officer Lucius Ryder--known to the women in the bu
Published August 1st 2011 by Kensington (first published May 30th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Bad Boys of Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Boys of Summer

Michelle
Lori Foster and Erin McCarthy are always solid go-to authors for me, but Amy Garvey was a "new to me" author. I was surprised that I ended up liking her story the best! I thought "Luscious" by Lori Foster was cheesy and lacked substance. A hero named Lucious, nicknamed Luscious by his female tenants? Ugh. "It's About Time" by Erin McCarthy was marginally better. I normally don't like heroines like Trish - smooth, polished, brash, ballsy, almost snobby. I loved how she immediately fell for Caleb, ...more
Erin Muses
Two of the stories in this anthology were pretty good. The third was just dumb.

I have tried Lori Foster more than once, and I just have not been happy with anything that she writes. The same goes for the story Luscious. Lucius is a "SWAT guy" (seriously, SWAT guy? Not police officer or SWAT officer, but SWAT guy? The man even refers to himself with this term! But I digress...) who also owns an apartment building where the heroine's (and I use the term lightly) identical twin sister lives. Bethan
Kerry
The first story by Lori Foster was okay. I would give it 3 stars.

The second book by Erin McCarthy was great! I keep asking myself why I haven't hunted down every book she has written because so far, the books that I have read by her are awesome! Especially for a short story, she managed to get it all in...the meeting, the attraction, the flirting and then, of course, the hot sex. Throw in some humor and it's a perfect story! Five plus stars!!

The last story by Amy Garvey was okay. It wasn't reall
Michelle the Romance Witch
Lucius: 3.5 stars was definitely luscious! Great short story with a obvious chance for a continuation. Can’t wait to read Marci’s story sometime too.

It's About Time: 4 stars...hot, funny, & sexy all rolled into one short but awesome story"

Wish You Were Here: 3.5 stars… sexy, sweet, and a fun little secret coming out in the end leads to a great short story. Never read this author before but definitely worth checking out for the future.
Ashley F
The second story was the best. Over the course of two of these types, I've realized I don't particularly like Lori Foster. Erin McCarthy's was the best of the three since it was painful getting through the third one.
Angel
Luscious 4 Stars
I have only read a few short stories by Lori Foster and while this one wasn't my favorite, it was still really good. How could it not be with a "luscious" SWAT officer to read about?

It's About Time 3 Stars
This story was also not as good as some other short stories I've read by this author. I did like it though. Maybe I just need a break from these anthology books, this is my second one in a row.

Wish You Were Here 5 Stars
I have never read anything by Amy Garvey but this story was
Stefanie
Apr 10, 2010 Stefanie rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Stefanie by: I read all books by Lori Foster and Erin McCarthy
The stories were so-so. I always prefer full novels over these short stories. There's just not a lot of time to get to know and love the characters and the romance is always hurried.

Luscious by Lori Foster (2 stars)
It's about a man named Lucious (his women tenants call him Luscious). He's a hunky SWAT guy and he takes in a stray dog after the dog saves the day in a hostage situation. He owns an apartment building and one of this tenants is a woman who has an identical twin sister named Bethany w
☂ ℬrandi

Luscious by Lori Foster

While vigilantly positioned outside the home of Mary Seeder, whose son is holding her hostage for tossing out his cigarettes, SWAT member Lucius Ryder notices an emaciated dog off to the side. He tries to shoo the dog away but after making eye contact with the pup he notices that the stray is oddly perceptive and has taken an interest in the dangerous scene unfolding on the front porch. When Steve Seeder notices the dog he laughs at the joke of a police dog and attempts
Cindy
Contemporary romance stories. At least they got it right this time & only have 3 authors. So, I'm going on vacation & decide I need to review my Bad Boy books. So, I take them all along for the ride :)

Lori Foster - 4 stars. Protected sex. Now, this the LF I know & love!!Lucius (AKA Luscious) is a handsome, hot swat cop. Bethany is a school receptionist who has had to move due to a stalker bothering her. She moves in with her twin sister who is a pet psychic (I reviewed her story in
Kathy Davie
The title says it all—the focus is on the bad boys. Boys who take and don't wait to be asked...

The Stories
Lori Foster's Luscious is all about the Luscious Lucius. A hunky SWAT team member who parlayed an inheritance into an apartment building he rents to women out of luck. One of his tenants has a particularly luscious twin sister he is just dying to know better.

Erin McCarthy's It's About Time is just that. About time for Caleb Vancouver to jump back into the dating pool. About time for Trish Jo
Michelle Tempted By Books
Luscious by Lori Foster-
I read another story that matched this one previously so I was familiar with some of the characters. Lucius is a SWAT cop who owns an apartment building he rents to women that he saved basically. He has a crush on one of his tenants twin sister so when he finds her crashing on the sister's couch he takes advantage of the situation. This story was sweet and pretty sexy. I would have liked if it was a bit longer but it was good nonetheless.

It's About Time by Erin McCarthy
Kathy
Virginia
Luscious - Lori Foster (3 stars)

SWAT cop Lucius Ryder (nicknamed Luscious by the women living in the apartment building he owns) has been attracted to his tenant Marci Churchill's twin sister Bethany from day one. The women might be identical, but it's Bethany's attitude and sense of humor that draw Lucius. That and the fact that, unlike most women, she doesn't fawn all over him. Meanwhile, Bethany just broke up with yet another man who was dating her to get to her sister. She has always tried t
L
I enjoyed all three short stories, probably the first and last the best. Hunky guys, quick read.

Luscious - Lori Foster
I liked him, hot SWAT guy who adopts a mangy mutt, Hero - combo that will almost always work for me! Bethany was a bit annoying but together they were fun. Little bit of danger and action and overall good short story.

It's about Time - Erin McCarthy
He was hot and huge and sexy, she was assertive and a bit over the top. It was a one night stand - very hot - but that was all...
patricia613
Lori Foster - Luscious
Bethany and Marci are twins. Lucius is Marci's landlord and SWAT officer. And there is a dog.

Erin McCarthy - it's about time
Trish the lawyer and Caleb the construction worker with a Harley

Amy Garvey - Wish you were here
Skimmed - photog and carpenter with a secret
Sara
while all three stories just ended basically in the middle of nowhere, they were still enjoyable.
Foster's story about a SWAT officer who has to face a personal hostage situation, McCarthy's story about the one-night-stand that is so much more than just that, and Garvey's story about a former musician that had me listening twice to music all day and wondering what happened to them in the last couple of years.
Interesting, if somewhat blunt and short, stories by some good story-tellers.
Maybe the
Eclectic Book Life
I love all 3 stories in this anthology which is not always the case. i have made a new rule that i must love at least 2 stories in an anthology to keep it and this one is a no brainer.
Amber Myers
I loved all of the stories! It is not often that I get a compilation that doesn't have the stories falling flat. This one was it. I was completely engaged for each story and the endings did not leave me feeling disatisfied. All in all it was a great read and great taste of these talented authors.
Elizabeth
I definitely enjoyed Foster's contribution, but the Hero character's name was distracting! I was frustrated by trying to figure out how to pronounce it!
Shannon Cheatham
4 for lori Bethany and SWAT

3.5 for Erin Trish and Caleb meet on evening of his ex wife's wedding

3.5 for Amy Mackenzie meets hot carpenter who used to be rock star.
Just - The romance reader
Yum! Another tasty combo of bad boy inspired novellas. Lori Foster seriously never disappoints me with her stories and neither does Erin McCarthy for that matter. I recently read A Very Merry Christmas, another anthology featuring a Lori Foster novella, and I was pleasantly surprised to discover that Luscious (the BBofS novella) contains some of the same characters from Do You Hear What I Hear (the A Very Merry Christmas novella).

Bad Boys of Summer is steamy, and at times down right sizzling. P
Stephanie Bolen
Rock on loved all the stories except the last one WAY to melodramatic. But a great fun read.
Nancy Anderson
My copy has a different cover. First story is very good. SWAT landlord "Luscious" Lucias has all women renters. Hero ( a dog) is great!
Marci & Bethany are twin sisters. Marci is a pet "psychic". Very good story.
Middle one my least favorite.
Kimngan Tran
Luscious 3
It's about time 2
Wish you were here 1
Megan
Cute stories! I really enjoyed reading these.
Cute novellas. I enjoyed all three stories.
Angie
Picked this up for something light to read. I really like Lori Foster and Erin McCarthy. I had never read anything by Amy Garvey and I was glad I picked this up. I always like to find new authors to read. All three were hunks and pretty ladies with something stopping them from taking the first step. Then they do and it is fireworks! As I said earlier, I needed something light and fun and these three novellas accomplished that. Of course, the only down side is they are too short. :)
Darcy
This book is filled with light, fun and easy stories filled with women ending up with a guy they don't normally.

The first one had a guy named Lucius, who the apartment building full of women have named Luscious, which had me laughing, but what was even more funny was that they called him this to his face.

If you are looking for a "beach" read this would be the book to pick up.
Dawn ♥ romance
I enjoyed these three steamy stories. 1) Jobless Bethany is staying with her sister and meets neighbor Lucius, a SWAT officer. 2) Prosecutor Trish meets brawny Caleb whose ex-wife is getting married tomorrow. 3) Photographer Mackenzie hires carpenter Leo to renovate her shed.
Lori Foster, Erin McCarthy & Amy Garvey's Bad Boys Of Summer Are Back! 1 6 Aug 02, 2011 10:41AM
  • Bad Boys Over Easy
  • Bad Boys Southern Style
  • The Naked Truth
  • Bad Boys With Expensive Toys
  • Beach Blanket Bad Boys
  • Bad Boys with Red Roses
  • Texas Bad Boys
  • Bad Boys Next Exit (Includes: Men of Rogues Hollow, #2)
  • Viva Las Bad Boys!
  • All Through The Night (Brava Girlfriends #1)
  • Charmed (Harmony #0.5 included; Winston Brothers #2 included)
  • Immortal Bad Boys

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro
More about Lori Foster...

Bowling Friends (4 books)
  • Bad Boys Online
  • Bad Boys Over Easy
  • When Good Things Happen To Bad Boys (Includes: Dean Brothers & Friend, #3)
When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1) Savor the Danger (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #3) Trace of Fever (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #2) A Perfect Storm (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #4) Causing Havoc (SBC Fighters, #1)