Start by marking “Cool Colleges: For the Hyper-Intelligent, Self-Directed, Late Blooming, and Just Plain Different” as Want to Read:

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Fully revised since the first edition, COOL COLLEGES covers the most exciting schools in the U.S. and Canada, with a new chapter on eco schools, an update on tuition-free schools, and the total low-down on the so-called top-ranked schools. Are you hyper-intelligent? Self-directed? A late-bloomer? Or just different? Then you need a great school that will challenge, nurture, ...more
Published June 29th 2011 by Ten Speed Press (first published August 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Cool Colleges, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cool Colleges

Jacqui Hawkins
If you have a child that learns differently or wants more than the traditional college campus experience, this book is for you.
Brent Barnard
If you know anyone who is approaching the decision of where to go to college, I HIGHLY recommend this book. Actually, for anyone, it's great just learning about all the fascinating types of colleges there are out there. Of course, the best decision for most folks would be to go to a small Christian liberal arts college, but if you go anywhere else, you should check out the creative options Asher discusses. And he's funny, too! Hilarous! I wish he'd write another book on colleges!
Christina
Dec 07, 2008 Christina rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Christina by: Mom
Shelves: education, 2008-reads
Cool Colleges is probably one of the best college guide books out there. It's funny, which means I don't loose focus, and it has a very different take on colleges. While I didn't apply to any of the colleges in this books, I did enjoy reading it, which pleased my mom to no end.
Michelle
This was a fun and different look at choosing a college. The author has a real sense of humor and along with interesting information, has included some very funny material. We didn't find a LOT of new colleges to look at but did find some corroborating information.
Rosanne
I wish I would have read this when I was 14, 15 or 16. I had no idea there were so many different choices for college.
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Lawrence White
Lawrence White marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth is currently reading it
Jun 28, 2015
Lucia Martin
Lucia Martin marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Julie
Julie added it
Jan 14, 2015
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Who Gets Promoted, Who Doesn't, and Why: 10 Things You'd Better Do If You Want to Get Ahead Graduate Admissions Essays: Write Your Way into the Graduate School of Your Choice Cracking The Hidden Job Market: How to Find Opportunity in Any Economy How to Get Any Job With Any Major: Career Launch & Re-launch for Everyone Under 30 or (How to Avoid Living in Your Parent's Basement) Who Gets Promoted, Who Doesn't, and Why, Second Edition: 12 Things You'd Better Do If You Want to Get Ahead