Start by marking “Say Amen, Again” as Want to Read:
Say Amen, Again

Say Amen, Again (Say Amen #3)

The spirited Houston congregation featured in bestselling author ReShonda Tate Billingsley’s Let the Church Say Amen and Everybody Say Amen has a major scandal unfolding—and, as always, the outspoken Rachel Jackson Adams is at the heart of the drama.

As the First Lady of Zion Hill, Rachel is not only Pastor Lester Adams’s wife—she’s currently his eight-months-pregnant wife,
Published July 5th 2011 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Say Amen, Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Say Amen, Again

Carmen Blalock
Jan 28, 2012 Carmen Blalock rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

*******SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE FIRST 2 BOOKS!!!*******
Rachel is 8 months pregnant and having nightmares after finding out that her husband's mistress, Mary is also pregnant and it could possibly be Lester's baby!!! As much as Rachel and Mary have fought over Lester, this seems like the straw that broke the camel's back. Rachel just can't take anymore, now it is a matter of keeping her mind right for herself and her children.

Mary can see that Rachel is not going to let her and Leste
Monique
Jul 13, 2011 Monique rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rachel Adams has worked hard to change her life and be right with God and as Zion Hil’s First Lady her work in the church speaks for itself. That is until Mary Richardson lures her husband, Pastor Lester Adams, into her bedroom. The crazy thing is that they are both pregnant and Lester may have two babies on his hands. Rachel and Mary take off the gloves and go toe to toe during this everybody in the church ain’t right installment of the Amen series.

Obviously, ReShonda has a gift from God with
Adrienna
Aug 13, 2011 Adrienna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The schemes we try to do can backlash back in our faces. Not everyone is easily convinced for one's conniving tactics, Rachel Adams hunches were proven correct. Jonathan stood up to his Aunt Minnie, moral lesson is that sometimes religious people will say what is an abomination and point out sin but we need to get the plank out of our own eye. Do you know if you are going to heaven? God is our Judge on Judgment Day, not man. So glad the author pointed this notion out. We quote the Holy Bible, we ...more
Denise Hutchinson
This was the first book that I received as a giveaway. I enjoyed the book. I read it on a recent flight and it held my interest. I didn't realize that it was part of a series until I was already into it. I will read the other books in the series. I would recommend it, especially for someone who wants a book that is written from a Christian perspective.
Brandi Armstead
Nov 28, 2016 Brandi Armstead rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book

Rachel has really grown up spiritually. There is still some of the old her that has remained. Her brother is still struggling to find himself. There is always one relative in the family that likes to tell others how to live. I really enjoyed this book!
Belinda
Oct 18, 2016 Belinda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Say Amen, Again was an exceptional read! I really did'nt see the end coming. This book was so powerful. There is so much about forgiveness in this book. Rachel was remarkable in the end. Poor Mary never stood a chance, she had so many strikes against her. I enjoyed this family and how they stood up for each other. If you read this book, read them in order. There are 2 before this one.
Brenda Brown
Oct 14, 2016 Brenda Brown rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the book. I laughed and got a little teary eyed as I continued to read. I soon knew what the first lady's intentions were and supported her choice. I did not like Minnie's character. I think the author put her in the story to get everyone's goat. This book showed the many sides of "Christian faith" and how different people handled their own faith. Different story lines tugged at the readers interest and made them think about how they would handle the situations given in the book.
Nardsbaby Reader
Oct 11, 2011 Nardsbaby Reader rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2k11-4th-quarter
Karma is a Mutha

As the First Lady of Zion Hill, Rachel has been fighting to remain rooted in the word, as well as violent free. Unfortunately, Mary, her husband's ex mistress, is making this a difficult task. At eight months pregnant, Rachel fears that she'll never be able to fully forgive Lester for cheating if she learns that the baby Mary is carrying is actually his. While she struggles to be strong, Mary is pulling out the heavy artillery to get Lester to realize that he picked the wrong wom
Shelley
Say Amen, Again is apparently a sequel to some other books written by Reshonda Tate Billingsley, although you don't really need to read them in order to follow this book. This one is the typical two-women-fighting-over-one-man novel, only the twist here is that the man is the pastor of a prominent church, and plus both women are pregnant with his baby. His wife, Rachel, does her best to get this mistress Mary, out of their lives.

Their story really was of no interest to me, I was really more inte
Yolanda Gore
Jul 28, 2011 Yolanda Gore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Say Amen, Again is ReShonda Tate Billingsley’s 23rd book. Her writing style has a flow of humor and thought provoking issues that many are faced with daily. ReShonda has a great way of showing her story through her words. She makes you feel as if you’re best friends with each character. In Say Amen, Again. ReShonda addresses not only the issue of “pray the gay away,” but also bullying. Both of these issues had a huge impact on those involved.

If you have read the series from the beginning, you k
Carla
Jul 29, 2011 Carla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Drama. From the first word on the first page.

What I liked about the book?

The author kept the story on point there was no wasted characters or action in this book. Seriously I could not put it down once I started because I needed to know what was going to happen next.

What I did not like about the book?
N/a

How could the author improve the book?

Not possible. I suspect that she put a lot of herself into this book to make sure that it was as good as the first and I must say that she actually outdid
MZURAQT
May 22, 2013 MZURAQT rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rachel is back with more drama than ever.After finding out so devastating news about her husband Lester she truly at her wits end especially knowing that there may be a baby involved.When Lester finds himself in a troubling situation Rachel realizes its time to take off her first lady hat and bring the old Rachel back. In this compelling novel we will learn whats= is like to really put on the hat of forgiveness.

I have truly enjoyed this series. The characters and drama was on point. I forgot thi
Chivon
Nov 09, 2011 Chivon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. I loved the short easy to digest chapters, it made for the plot to unfold quickly and there was never a dull moment. The Story was about Rachel and her husband Lester and a whole lot of baby mama drama. The other story in the book had to do with Rachel's brother Jonathan and his dealing with being gay. I have not read the other books in this series, but I would definately like to go back and catch up on all of the drama that I missed in the books that lead up to this ...more
Yolanda King Stephen
Rachel is up to her shenanigans again. She has grown and matured as a pastor's wife, but the streets will come out of her if you press the wrong button. The novel deals with some serious issues that teens and adults face if depression is truly severe. This portion of the book hit straight home to me.

This is another quick read that allows the readers to follow characters we have come to know and love.
Rebecca
May 04, 2015 Rebecca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great continuation of the series. Rachel went through a lot of back and forth and drama that didn't have to happen because of Mary. Pastor Lester got himself into situations that he should never get into. Rachel's father Simon was a wise man and I enjoyed him so much more than in the first book. Johnathan and David have both come a long way too. I would highly recommend this book.
Jessica Horne
This book was AMAZING!! It kept my interest from beginning to end and even though parts were predictable, you find yourself eagerly awaiting what happens next....I have passed the book on to my daughter to read now. It is a new favorite!
Barbara Morgan
Mar 07, 2014 Barbara Morgan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-book-shelf
First Lady of Zion Hill, Rachel has been fighting to remain violent free. Unfortunately, Mary, her husband's ex mistress, is making it hard. Rachel fears that she'll never be able to f forgive Lester for cheating.

This series is so good, you will not want to put it down
Veronica Jones
Book Three of the 'Say Amen' series was really good, so glad the drama is over with for a change..... It just goes to show that not everyone is perfect but still some can take it too far. So glad that in the end, Rachel had her family together finally without any more problems :-)
June
Nov 05, 2011 June rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novel was just as interesting as "Let the Church Say Amen" and "Everybody Say Amen". First Lady, Rachel and Pastor Lester life was so full of drama. A good storyline with lots of drama, twist and turns. A page-turner for sure.
Dorothy
Mar 18, 2016 Dorothy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another AWESOME book by, Reshonda Tate Billingsley! The end was shocking but awesome! I loved it! :)
Stashia
May 22, 2014 Stashia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
reshonda's books fit both Christian read and non Christian read. and every book has a twist of event that every one can enjoy !
Kimberly Coley
Jul 08, 2011 Kimberly Coley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love everything ReShonda writes and this was no different. I find the characters loveable and believable. I just enjoy them. Quick fun read.
Mia
Jul 28, 2011 Mia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rachael Jackson Adams is back!! Loved this book...can't wait until the next book, when Rachael takes on Jasmine Bush!!!
Ericka cannon-mosley
I loved the characters, but don't think there's a need for a fourth book, it ended very well and tied all the loose ends.
Diana Melendez
This books has to be good because it gives how court and religious is involve in the story, especially that two pregnat women fight over some stupid stuff...
Sabrina
Sep 15, 2012 Sabrina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was definitely surprised by the ending of this book! I enjoyed it..hope there's more books in this series
Adrienne Reed
Adrienne Reed rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2014
Ellowyn
Ellowyn rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2016
Diane Rembert
Diane Rembert rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2013
Korinthia
Korinthia rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2014
  • Sinners And Saints
  • Have a Little Faith
  • Goodness and Mercy (The Blessed Trinity Series, #5)
  • Yesterday's Promise (Second Chance At Love #1)
  • Heaven Forbid (Hallelujah Love #6)
  • Holy Ghost Corner
ReShonda Tate Billingsley is a general assignment reporter for KRIV-TV, the Fox affiliate in Houston, Texas. She is the author of the nonfiction book Help! I've Turned Into My Mother! and three previous adult novels: My Brother's Keeper, for which she received the prestigious Gold Pen Award for Best New Author from the Black Writer's Alliance and the Nova Lee Nation Award from the Greater Dallas W ...more
More about ReShonda Tate Billingsley...

Say Amen (3 books)