Start by marking “The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After” as Want to Read:
The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After

The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After (Bridgertons)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  3,881 ratings  ·  430 reviews
ONCE UPON A TIME, A HISTORICAL ROMANCE AUTHOR CREATED A FAMILY…

But not just any family. Eight brothers and sisters, assorted in-laws, sons and daughters, nieces and nephews, (not to mention an overweight corgi), plus an irrepressible matriarch who’s a match for any of them… These are the Bridgertons: less a family than a force of nature. Through eight bestselling novels, r
Published April 2nd 2013 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Bridgertons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bridgertons

One Good Earl Deserves a Lover by Sarah MacLeanLord of Darkness by Elizabeth HoytAny Duchess Will Do by Tessa DareHighlander Most Wanted by Maya BanksOnce Upon a Tower by Eloisa James
2013 Historical Romance (January - June)
6th out of 155 books — 563 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverLover at Last by J.R. WardThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
248th out of 2,466 books — 12,472 voters

More lists with this book...

mer
Overall: 4 stars

I will review about Simon and Daphne's, Gregory and Lucy's, and Violet's happily ever afters only. As I have read, rated, and reviewed the rest before the release of this book.

I was sad with the end of Bridgertons series because it is one of the best series I've ever read. And with amazing, wonderful stories in it. With this book, I am once again, fill with happiness! I've missed them so much!

Duke and I: The 2nd Epilogue - 4 stars
I wasn't expecting to laugh out loud reading the s
Antica
Aug 13, 2012 Antica marked it as to-read
Release annoncement:

Oh my god!

At long last! After years of waiting; this is Finally coming to print!!!!!!!

YES YES YES!!!!!

Photobucket

And there's a section dedicated to Violet!! How much better can this get!!!

Stephanie
Honestly, I can objectively see that this book isn't going to be 5 stars for everybody - it's a collection of novella-length "second-epilogues" for Quinn's Bridgerton novels, for one thing, so anyone who hasn't read those books would be lost; and, objectively, a lot of these stories don't have really strong plot structures - they're more about the much-loved characters just hanging out together in later life, sharing lovely small successions of events together...

...but ohhhhhhh did I love this b
Exina
Happily Ever After is a lovely collection of second epilogues to the Bridgerton series.

The Duke and I
4 stars

A sweet and heartwarming episode about an exceptionally happy marriage, with an even sweeter surprise.
“Simon...”
He nuzzled her ear. “Daphne...”
His mouth moved along the line of her throat, and she felt herself melting. Twenty-one years of marriage and still...
“At least draw the curtains,” she murmured.

The Viscount Who Loved Me
2 stars

(originally published as an e-short)
“This is Pall
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Each story is an epilogue of sorts, updating readers on what is happening with their favorite characters after each of their books. That being said, readers who have not read all the books in the Bridgerton series would not fully appreciate the events and stories in this novel. I highly recommended starting with book one, to experience the magic that Quinn has created.

Before each story, Quinn pens a quick note on what the vignette is about and particularly why she decided to write the story. It'
Tiko
oh god im sure i will be crying about Edmund...

***

and yes, i did cry a lot :D violets epilogue was so very very great... others ive already read and reviewed so i wont start about their greatness :D i love violet and truth be told always wanted to read how everything began... and it wasnt disapointing. i cant really describe her story... it was exactly the kind id like to read about violet...
Jess
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: A-

It’s been a long time since I first read and fell in love with the Bridgerton family. But even after finishing the series, I never went to the author’s webpage and read the 2nd epilogues. I have no idea why. Now, they’re all being released together in this compilation book along with a new novella for Violet, the mother and leader of this captivating family.

The 2nd epilogues all go right in order with the books in the series, but what I enj
♥ Melody
Wonderful read. This was like visiting old friends. I've really missed the Bridgertons and their colorful, spot-on quick banter. I love this big family and their dynamics so much.

The Duke and I: Epilogue II--3 stars
What was the point of this? At first it seemed to focus on Daphne's surprise unexpected pregnancy then the whole tease about the letters from Simon's father which was a complete underwhelming let down. And I want to know if Colin's son Georgie ever learned to talk. I'm kinda annoyed
Vero
SIMPLEMENTE PERFECTO!!!

Los epílogos de El Duque y yo (Daphne y Simón) y Camino a la Boda (Lucy y Gregory), junto a la historia de Violet: Violet in Bloom, increíbles...

«“I love you,” he said, laughing over her squeal of surprise.
“Not as much as I love you.”
He gave her his best look of condescension. “You only think you know what you’re talking about.”
“Very well,” he allowed. “You may love me more, but I will love you better.

Esta novella es el cierre perfecto para la hermosa serie Bridger
Helene Harrison
ISBN? - 9780349401072

Genre? - Humour / Romance / Regency

Characters? - Violet Bridgerton / Daphne Basset / Simon Basset / Anthony Bridgerton / Kate Bridgerton / Benedict Bridgerton / Sophie Bridgerton / Colin Bridgerton / Penelope Bridgerton / Hyacinth St Clair / Philip Crane / Eloise Crane / Gareth St Clair

Setting? - London (England)

Series? - Bridgerton #9

Title? - The Happily Ever After is important because this book is about wrapping up the Bridgerton stories and making sure they all get their
Marjorie
Daphne and Simon's 2nd Epilogue
Loved it. One of my favorite couples.

Anthony and Kate's 2nd Epilogue
How positively adorable, this husband-wife competition. I did so enjoy the game.

Benedict and Sophie's 2nd Epilogue
My favorite couple! I was disappointed that it was about Posy.

Colin and Penelope's 2nd Epilogue
Yes, finally, some closure! I really wanted to read this scene where Eloise finds out the truth about Lady Whistledown. The sibling banter here was hilarious.

Eloise and Sir Philip's 2nd Epil
Sue
I love the Bridgerton family. If I couldn't be a member of that family or marry one of the sons, I would love to be a good friend to them. They are a great family.

The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After wrap up all the stories perfectly. My favorite of all the books and 2nd epilogues is Francesca & Michaels story. My favorite in this book? Violet's story. Violet in Bloom: A Novella. Violet's first encounter with Edmund Bridgerton is when she is 8 and he is 10. She hates that Bridgerton boy. See
Booklover, Indianapolis
(Jul) I am torn about this book. On the one hand...it's the Bridgertons - one of the best historical romance families ever written. On the other hand...well, there really was not a lot of substance to any of these.

I was not about to pay $2 each when these were issues as stand alone e-stories - I mean, each is only about 40 pages! As a book - well, part of me wants to own this as I own all the others in paper - but honestly, while I reread Anthony and Colin, I'd never pick this up again. We'll s
Katherine
I seem to be in the minority, but I really disliked this book! Some of the epilogues were ok (not good but readable) but some were embarrassingly bad...like the one for To Sir Philip with Love was so bad I couldn't even believe that it was allowed to be published! The story is about and narrated by Amanda (Sir Philip's daughter). It starts out fine, but then the story ends so abruptly that I actually thought my Kindle might have been screwed up and I was missing pages! The story was incredibly p ...more
Maria

I loved the happy endings and it was so good to see all my favorite characters years after…

All the stories were great but I have to admit that reading Violet’s story was both great and heart-breaking…

I am going to miss them all!

Juliea Q Smith
I do love all of the Bridgertons, and I'm so sad to have finished the series. While there were things in each book I didn't always like, such as the way characters manipulated each other, I did love each of the characters and the delightful and witty banter between them.
Naoms

Originally Posted on:Confessions of an Opinionated Book Geek

The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After is a collection of short stories that pick up after the events of each installment of the series. We get glimpses into the happy lives of each couple and in some cases tie up loose ends. The Bridgerton epilogues have all been out for some time, so I won’t discuss them. What I will review is a short story called “Violet in Bloom.”

Violet Bridgerton is the best ton (high society in Victorian/regency Engl
Cerian
I didn't expect anything other than to love this book! I've devoured all of Julia Quinn's books over the years, and the Bridgertons have a special place in my heart. They're easily my favourite book family.

The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After has a 2nd epilogue for each of the books, and includes a novella for the wonderful Violet Bridgerton. I've previously read the 2nd epilogues but I was excited for Violet's story!

I won't mention all of the epilogues- I'll end up babbling more than normal! Som
Judy Goodnight
There is no doubt that Julia Quinn will always be most known for her Bridgerton Family series. The love stories of the 8 siblings (in the order told: Daphne, Anthony, Benedict, Colin, Eloise, Francesca, Hyacinth & Gregory) chronicle one of the most engaging fictional families ever. Even though the stories end with epilogues, there were still questions that fans had & so JQ started writing the 2nd epilogues to answer some of those questions.

I brought this book home from the bookstore &
Cherie
I, of course, have read the reviews by others. Here is mine. I'm so glad Julia wrote these and put them together in this book. I'm so glad I read them. I reread the entire series so that I would be current with the stories and the characters. I was able to experience Violet's growth for myself. I believe Julia did a fantastic job writing Violet in Bloom and it must have been incredibly difficult to do. I'm so happy with it. Yes, it was sad to experience Edmund dying but the tears came for me at ...more
Valentina
No había caído en cuenta sino hasta ahora de lo mucho que voy a extrañar las historias de los Bridgertons, estoy nostálgica.
Jessica
Okay, so when I picked this book up I was really, really hoping that I would remember the series. It had been so long since I finished it but I remember looking forward to getting my hands on it. Let me tell you, it was well worth it. The way it was written was one that allowed me to remember all the characters with ease. She took the questions most asked about each book and answered them with short stories and even added a Novella about Violet's life. This is exactly how series should end. If y ...more
Célia
Gostei muito da série Bridgertons. Ao longo de 8 livros, tive oportunidade de acompanhar esta família fantástica e as suas aventuras e desventuras amorosas, sempre com um toque de humor irresistível. Dentro do género “romance romântico” diria que esta série de Julia Quinn tem livros que se tornaram alguns dos meus favoritos.

Após a publicação de cada um dos livros, surgiam sempre algumas questões por parte dos fãs, e por esse motivo a autora decidiu escrever um segundo epílogo para cada um deles,
Yunita Taman
Sudah beberapa lama saya tidak mereview apa yang saya baca karena satu dan lain hal. Tetapi buku yang satu ini membuatku tidak bisa menahan secercah kebahagiaan yang menghangatkan hatiku saat membacanya. Berawal dari reread salah satu seri dari Bridgerton yang kelima yang berjudul "To Sir Phillip With Love", saya baru ingat kalau satu buku kumpulan cerita atau yang disebut pengarang sebagai 'second epilog, story after story' yang sama sekali tidak aku ingat keberadaannya belum aku baca. Maka dar ...more
Suad Shamma
To be honest, I was seriously looking forward to reading these second epilogues and having a chance to delve into the Bridgerton's lives again. Once I started reading through, I realized that it wasn't what I had hoped it would be. For one thing, it had been a long time since I read the series that it took time to get back into the swing of things.

I enjoyed reading about supporting characters and seeing their happy endings, however I was hoping for more of the 8 siblings and less of the support
Angela Noviana
Akhirnya ada juga yang aku berikan bintang 5 setelah sekian lama :)

Membaca The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After ini membuatku ingin membaca kembali seri ini. Aku kangen dengan semua karakternya yang lucu, sweet, tough, dan romantis. Pasti aku akan re-read seri ini. Harus!

Epilogue kedua dari The Duke and I bercerita mengenai surat-surat ayah Simon yang tak pernah dibuka dan kini Simon membukanya untuk seseorang. Dan tentunya ada kejutan dari Daphne.

The Viscount Who Loved Me adalah salah satu dari
Susana

For those of us who ever wondered how all the Bridgertons fared after their "HEA" finales, this is just the right book.
It's also the right book when one needs something funny to read... because they're the Bridgertons for heaven's sake!
And most of them are pretty... insane, in a quirky, "you're so interesting" way.

First novella, stars Daphne and Simon round about... twenty years after their wedding:

The Duke and I: The 2nd Epilogue
4 stars

"Mathematics had never been Daphne Basset’s bes
Merry
ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING STORIES I EVER READ

9 cerita dengan keunikan, khas dan latar mereka masing-masing.
Mommy JQ benar-benar tahu apa yg di inginkan pembacanya.
dan dengan begitu rendah hati dia mau menuliskannya dan kemudian berbagi dengan kita para penggemarnya. berbagi 9 kisah cinta yang indah, penuh kasih dan sayang sesama, tidak hanya kepada pasangan, tetapi terutama kepada keluarga, kakak beradik, anak, dan juga AYah ibu mereka..

aku tak kuasa menahan air mataku ketika cerita memasuki kisah
Lady Lioness
Snagged from Edelweiss.

These short stories have been released before, but I've only read the Romancing Mr. Bridgerton one because it's my favorite book and the epilogues were outrageously priced. I think they were $2.99, which, no, not worth it. $12.99 for the print version, hrm, still a little pricey for my blood, but cheaper than buying them individually. You may be able to get a better deal if you pre-order it before its release.

Anywho, normally I review everything in an anthology separately
I have been a fan of historical romances for almost six years now and I have Julia Quinn's Bridgerton series to thank for that. I discovered this genre by chance when I was looking for gift ideas for my mother and saw a five-star review for The Duke and I. She loved it so much that she told me I had to try it and the rest was history. I read the entire series within two months, glommed the rest of her backlist, and eagerly anticipate each new release.

Because of my fond memories of reading about
  • Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove, #4)
  • A Kiss For Midwinter (Brothers Sinister, #1.5)
  • And the Miss Ran Away With The Rake (Rhymes With Love, #2)
  • With This Kiss: Part One
  • Where's My Hero?  (Gamblers, #3 / Brotherhood - MacAllister's, #4.5 / Splendid, #3.5)
  • One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #2)
  • When She Said I Do (Worthington, #1)
  • Duke of Midnight (Maiden Lane, #6)
  • A Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift (MacKenzies & McBrides, #4.5)
  • Sweet Madness (Veiled Seduction, #3)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Julia Quinn loves to dispel the myth that smart women don't read (or write) romance, and in 2001 she did so in grand style, competing on the the game show The Weakest Link and walking away with the $79,000 jackpot. She displayed a decided lack of knowledge about baseball, country music, and plush toys, but she is proud to say that she aced all things British an ...more
More about Julia Quinn...

Bridgertons (9 books)
  • The Duke and I (Bridgertons, #1)
  • The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2)
  • An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgertons, #3)
  • Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons, #4)
  • To Sir Phillip, With Love (Bridgertons, #5)
  • When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6)
  • It's in His Kiss (Bridgertons #7)
  • On the Way to the Wedding (Bridgertons, #8)
  • Because of Miss Bridgerton (Bridgertons)
The Duke and I (Bridgertons, #1) The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2) Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons, #4) The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever (Bevelstoke, #1) When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6)

“There was a certain history to this. While heavily pregnant with Amelia, she had asked him if she was radiant or if she just looked like a waddling duck. He told her she’d looked like a radiant duck. This had not been the correct answer.” 18 likes
“He'd been waiting for a love fraught with passion and drama; it hadn't even occurred to him that true love might be something that was utterly comfortable and just plain easy.” 10 likes