Start by marking “The Rising (Darkness Rising, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Rising (Darkness Rising, #3)

The Rising (Darkness Rising #3)

4.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  16,191 Ratings  ·  1,386 Reviews
Things are getting desperate for Maya and her friends. Hunted by the powerful St. Clouds and now a rival Cabal as well, they're quickly running out of places to hide. And with the whole world thinking they died in a helicopter crash, it's not like they can just go to the authorities for help.

All they have is the name and number of someone who might be able to give them a f
Published April 2nd 2013 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Rising, please sign up.

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareLover at Last by J.R. WardRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
22nd out of 2,463 books — 12,431 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadRequiem by Lauren OliverProdigy by Marie Lu
YA Novels of 2013
19th out of 1,520 books — 10,829 voters

More lists with this book...

Julie
Apr 07, 2013 Julie rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-books
Woah woah woah that was awesome.

IT'S OVEEERRR *sobs*

What a great way to end such a great series. Kelley Armstrong, you're fantastic.

Just to get this out of the way: DEREK AND CHLOE AND SIMON AND TORI SHOWED UP AND EVERYTHING WAS BEAUTIFUL

description

The only reason why I did rate this book 4 stars instead of five was that it, surprisingly, started out slow for me. The first 70 or so pages were kind of lagging. The last half of the book, however, was everything I could've hoped for.

Add a cup of action, a
Jessica (Goldenfurpro)
AFTER READING:
This book is most definitely the best book in the series!
So much happens in this book, many questions do get answered, and,yes, we get to see are friends from Darkest Powers again!
Was there anything I didn't like about this book? Not really, but there are some things that I wish we got to see more of.

1. Our friends from Darkest Powers.
They only appeared during the last 1/4 of the book. While I don't like how they weren't in the book as often as I hoped, I understand. We have alre
Nina
Apr 16, 2013 Nina rated it really liked it
For the first time EVER I'm hoping for a love triangle in the third book.

I love Daniel :)
description
Brie
Feb 24, 2016 Brie rated it it was amazing
Why am I being punished for being a loyal fan who reads books as soon as they come out?
2013:(
Sandra
Yep, you've seen that right. I gave 3 stars to the last book in one of my top fav trilogy of all time, and also to one of my fav authors. I also gave 3 stars to a book i have been anticipating and dying to read for about a year. Disappointment won't describe how i feel, more like shock. And i don't mean 'shock' in a good kind of way. My hopes and believe in the author went straight to hell. It was like being slapped in the face, man.  photo tumblr_inline_mhz0bkA8qT1qz4rgp_zpsbc5cc861.gif

For those who don't know: The Rising is book 3 in the Darknes
Alicia
Apr 04, 2013 Alicia rated it it was amazing
Whoop! Can't wait to see Chloe and Derek again :D Also, can't wait to see what happens next /yearlonganticipation.

Love this cover :o !

/justfinished. OMG THAT WAS AWESOME *A* KJDSAKJDDJHSKJDSJDHS <3 !
Handoah
Aug 28, 2013 Handoah rated it it was amazing
I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR THIS BOOK!!!!!!! If I had to choose only one book to read in 2013 it would have to be this one. I have waited two years to see Chloe, Derek, Simon, and Tori again. I loved those guys, and while I was happy with the ending, I was not satisfied.
Darkness Rising has been a good series. I love Rafe and Maya together and I love Daniel as well. I like the characters a lot in Darkness rising, but this trilogy doesn't have the amazing plots that Darkest Powers did. I loved t
Ashley
Apr 07, 2013 Ashley rated it it was amazing
Can't wait to read this book! Love the cover, I like the Darkness Rising Trilogy but I miss the characters from The Darkest Powers Trilogy, and now that they are coming back I'm even more excited to read this book. Just Oh my gosh, it's been like two years since I finished TDP but I still remember all of them, I can't wait to read more about Chloe & Derek & Simon and the rest of the gang. I hope something good happens for Simon because he just got kinda dumped in the third book and nothi ...more
Wendy Darling
I read this for Derek and Chloe. But even they couldn't resuscitate my interest in this series. Bleh.
Amanda
May 31, 2012 Amanda rated it really liked it
These books are all amazeballs but can Maya stop lying/withholding info from Daniel. it's annoying and pointless. this is a spoiler if you haven't read the last book but...

Maya needs to tell Daniel and EVERYONE her suspicions about Nicole. Nicole can easily put them all in danger and could turn on them in a heartbeat and they all trust her. Maya needs to get over sparing Daniel's feelings and save their lives...yeah. It's not like Daniel can really blame himself because Nicole's a crazy person a
Page
May 04, 2014 Page rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thei Aganon
Sep 12, 2012 Thei Aganon marked it as to-read
Shelves: cannot-wait
OH MY FREAAAAKIING GOSSH!!!!!!!!!!!
A YEAR????? (I'm gonna faint...)

i mean can we fans can have a preview? sample..? anything???
shit the suspense is killing meee!!

CHLOE AND (SUPER HOT WEREWOLF GUY)DEREK ARE GONNA SHOW UP!!(finally..)

it was the only thing that I'm looking forward to in this series...:)
first reading the gathering, comment: "uh... its ok..."
the calling: " its getting better atleast.."
the rising: SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!! CHLOE AND DEREK ARE BAAAAAAAAAACK??? WTF!!!! YEEEEEEEE
Jul 20, 2015 Laura rated it it was amazing
Hopefully there's actually SOMETHING that happens in this book. All they did in the last one was just run around, get caught, escape, and then run around and get caught again. Oh wait, and then escape again.

Wash, rinse, repeat.
Patti
May 12, 2013 Patti rated it it was ok
I did not like this at all. So anti-climactic. And there probably won't be a continuation with Projects Valhalla and Thunderbird. There seemed to be a hint for future adult books but if it's from Maya's POV I won't be reading it.
Alyssa
Jul 03, 2012 Alyssa added it
I can't wait for this book! I loved the darkest powers trilogy as well, even though I wanted there to be more then just three. I really like how she is mixing both of the stories... Can't wait for more Chloe and Derek! Perhaps both Maya and Chloe will both narrate? Hope so!
I feel as if Daniel actually loves Maya and that was part of the reason he wanted to break up with Serena. I guess we will find out. I really liked Rafe in the first, especially because he was all sexy and mysterious, but we
Kristy
Nov 04, 2012 Kristy rated it really liked it
Let me first start by saying that I won this ARC through Kelley Armstrong's news letter. If you have not read any of her books I strongly recommend you do. Especially her Darkest Powers Trilogy and her Darkness Rising Trilogy. They are wonderful to get into and read. They keep you wondering what will happen next.

I will not get into to many details about this book because it will just give away all the secrets and ruin much of the book. Which I feel is the reason why Kelley Armstrong does not pos
Ferdy
3.5 stars - Spoilers

This was the best book in the trilogy, that's not to say it was good, it was just okay for the most part. The main reason I gave it 3.5 stars was because The Darkest Power gang made an appearance and because I liked the ending… Not the romantic ending just the resolution between the bad guys (the Cabals/the Nasts/the St Clouds) and good guys (the teens - Maya, Chloe, Daniel…).

-I was disappointed that most of the story consisted of Maya and co running from the bad guys, gettin
Isa Lavinia

I make no secret that I loved Kelley Armstrong's Darkest Powers Trilogy, Chloe was an engaging protagonist and Derek was awesome, the plot was creepy, and addictive, and fun. So when The Gathering (Darkness Rising #1) was published I couldn't get it fast enough.

While set in the same universe (most of Armstrong's books are) it lacked... something. While the first series was able to avoid annoying YA clichés, the second one seemed to rely on them too much. The Mary-Sue protagonist with her perfe
JuliaOrlando
Jan 05, 2016 JuliaOrlando rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys YA, shapeshifter, paranormal
The conclusion to the "Darkness Rising" series sees Maya being captured by a rival Cabal to the St.Clouds. With help from an unexpected source on the inside, she isl able to escape and reunite with her friends. They find and from an alliance with other genetically engineered "supernaturals" from the "Darkest Powers" trilogy. Together they come up with a plan to negotiate with the Cabals to ensure their safety and freedom.

I enjoyed this book very much. The mention of the characters from the "Dark
Kathy
Aug 04, 2013 Kathy rated it it was ok
I would just like to say Kelley Armstrong has been stringing me along since I read the second book of darkest powers and realized it didn't come out for another year. This series gives me a mild heart attack every time I finish each book.
Shy
Jan 27, 2013 Shy marked it as to-read
I hope to see Chloe and Derek back in this trilogy. April.. why are you so far away?
Alela
Sep 16, 2013 Alela rated it really liked it
so long to wait till Maya&Co meets Chloe&Co :(
And I'm wondering - will the real action (lets hope destruction of Cabal clan:) begin in this last instalment, or maybe Kelley has another YA trilogy in mind?
(my rating is based on The Darkest Powers trilogy and the first two of Darkness Rising trilogy, so, please, don't judge me for making assumptions ;)
P.S. I think it's unfair that Darkness Rising trilogy has cooler superpowers than the Darkest Powers....

After reading it:
it's definitely no
Tina ♥ Bookaholic
2,5 Punkte. War leider etwas enttäuschend. Rezi folgt
After loving the first 2 books and recommending Kelley Armstrong to people as, "the best at YA supernatural romance," I was unhappily disappointed in this book.

To begin with, a lot of the dialogue was just dumb. "Did she just call me cute?" "Did you just flirt with my boyfriend?" Give me a break.

The whole conclusion where they decide to give in and surrender basically...it does seem like the smart thing to do but only because the scary enemies have been replaced by different family members that
Diamond
Aug 07, 2012 Diamond rated it it was amazing
Okay i cant not wait for this book to come out!!! The day a bought the calling i finished it! The rising is going to be so good because chloe and derek are going to come into the picture again and its so funny how Daniel is like Derek in a way(even though they dont have the same powers) and how Maya and Chloe are alike(even though they dont have the same powers either.) Im really happy that kelley armstrong is putting the two stories together because at the end of the Reckoning(however you spell ...more
Michelle
Apr 03, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing
OMG..... i loved darkest powers... felt it ended to soon

then i heard bout the darkness rising, and heard something bout chloe and friends being in it....

so i read the gathering..... and got majorly disappointed.
then, the day the calling came out i read it.... IT WAS WAY BETTER. AND OMG THE ENDING. THE ENDING. I WAS JUST DYING WHEN I WAS READING BOUT THE REFERENCES TO CHLOE AND THEM....

I CANT WAIT A YEAR.
CHloe and Derek <3 i missed u Dx
All i know is...... the day it comes out im gonna buy it
Anna
Aug 25, 2012 Anna marked it as to-read
Shelves: cover-love
Must... get over... hatred for love triangles... so I can finish the second book and move onto this one.

Me reading this depends entirely on whether or not I can or am willing to accept that challenge. Though crossing over with The Darkest Powers certainly doesn't hurt anything.

Kristen Ella
Apr 05, 2013 Kristen Ella rated it liked it
Shelves:
I'm disappointed, it wasn't what I was expecting.

(view spoiler)
Jovana montoya
Sep 06, 2011 Jovana montoya rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
want to read badly
Chloe Saunders and Ashton 4 40 Sep 15, 2015 07:50PM
wasnt it weird? spoilers 4 57 Sep 15, 2015 07:44PM
SPOILERS: The Love Triangle 12 165 Sep 15, 2015 07:43PM
Crazy for Young A...: The Rising (Darkness Rising #3) by Kelley Armstrong → Start Date: June 18, 2014 16 22 Jun 21, 2014 08:16PM
So what did everyone think... (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) 9 144 Dec 23, 2013 08:45PM
IS KAT IN IT 6 81 May 15, 2013 10:07AM
YA & TEENS BOOKTALK: The Rising by Kelley Armstrong (#3) 1 21 Apr 28, 2013 09:49AM
  • Dead Silence (The Body Finder, #4)
  • Shadows in the Silence (Angelfire, #3)
  • If I Should Die (Revenants, #3)
  • Whispers at Moonrise (Shadow Falls, #4)
  • Taken by Storm (Raised by Wolves, #3)
  • With All My Soul (Soul Screamers, #7)
  • Linas kvällsbok 2: Två killar och ett hjärta (Linas Kvällsbok, #2)
  • Elegy (Hereafter #3)
  • Afterglow (Wildefire, #3)
  • The Savage Grace (The Dark Divine, #3)
  • Infatuate (Gilded Wings, #2)
  • Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers, #2)
  • Oblivion (Nevermore, #3)
  • Every Never After (Never, #2)
  • Thornhill (Hemlock, #2)
  • Foretold (The Demon Trappers, #4)
  • Midnight Frost (Mythos Academy, #5)
  • The Goddess Inheritance (Goddess Test, #3)

More about Kelley Armstrong...

Darkness Rising (3 books)
  • The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1)
  • The Calling (Darkness Rising, #2)

“We'll meet you here. Hopefully everyone will be in human form." A wry smile. "Though I'll warn you, he's not a whole lot more pleasant that way. At least as a wolf, he can't talk.” 24 likes
“I need to get ready. Ash? Touch the food and I won't take you for a driving lesson tomorrow. Dad? Touch it and I'll make you take him for a driving lesson tomorrow."

Dad backed away from the counter. Ash scowled. I laughed and continued upstairs.”
20 likes