Start by marking “These Things Happened” as Want to Read:
These Things Happened

These Things Happened

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Most of what follows is true, even the fiction. It contains cigarette smoking, drinking, occasional suicidal thoughts, and, yes, sex, because I know you like that sort of thing. It's been a strange life. It's been my life.

Features stories, poems, and essays on relationships, romance, writing, and taking oneself far too seriously. Plus some humor. You may laugh, you may cry...more
Published March 21st 2011 by Haunted Computer Books (first published March 18th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about These Things Happened, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about These Things Happened

Cristina
I really enjoyed Scott Nicholson's These Things Happened. This is a collection of essays, short stories and poems about life. I loved the humor of Postcards From A Book Tour. I could imagine writing these home to my mom. Others may make you feel sadness or anger. And doesn't a good book do that...make you feel? A good book to have handy for coffee shop or lunchtime reading.
Bethica
This collection of short stories probes the mind and makes you wander along in different snippets throughout a poor man's life. There is always alot of sorrow when you stop to look back.
Debra
Of all the books I've read by Scott Nicholson this one let me down a bit. Some of the stories were good, others not so much. I'm not a huge fan of story stories and that may have played a role in my overall reception of the book. Just OK.
Cindy
These Things Happened was an interesting collection of short stories,poems and essays. Some were sad, creepy and some just strange. But I never said I didn't like weird stories so naturally I enjoyed this!
Marc-Antoine
It was good...t did not entirely captivate me, I do like his writing style and will try more of his novels though,
Tammy
Tammy added it
Oct 20, 2014
Lanna Farrell
Lanna Farrell marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Gef
Gef marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Carla Aparo
Carla Aparo marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Shane Dougall
Shane Dougall marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Kerri
Kerri marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Earicka
Earicka marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Trisha Beaulieu
Trisha Beaulieu marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
Eri
Eri marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Heidi
Heidi added it
Dec 28, 2013
Renee Martino
Renee Martino marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2013
Angel Gelique
Angel Gelique marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2013
Jane Yates
Jane Yates marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2013
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2013
Adam Vanzant
Adam Vanzant marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2013
Deborah Grace
Deborah Grace marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2013
Brianna Ray
Brianna Ray marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2013
Jobie
Jobie marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
With more than 500,000 books sold worldwide, Scott Nicholson is an international bestselling thriller writer. He won the Writers of the Future Award in 1999 and was a Stoker Award finalist in 2003. His Fear series was published by Amazon's Thomas & Mercer imprint and 47North released the supernatural thriller McFALL.

He's also published a number of supernatural, paranormal, and fantasy books an...more
More about Scott Nicholson...
The Red Church (Sheriff Frank Littlefield, #1) Write Good or Die Speed Dating with the Dead Ashes Liquid Fear