Start by marking “Jinxed (Friends and Lovers Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Jinxed (Friends and Lovers Trilogy, #1)

Jinxed (Friends and Lovers Trilogy #1)

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  263 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Since the day beautiful socialite Afia St. John was born, her life has been plagued with bad luck. After losing her father and two older husbands in 'freak' accidents, Afia discovers her business manager has absconded with her fortune. Vowing not to rely on another man to guide her life, Afia refuses her godfathers' help, and jumps at an unexpected job with Leeds Investiga ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 309 pages
Published March 1st 2004 by Medallion Press

To ask other readers questions about Jinxed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jinxed

namericanwordcat
I was once again utterly charmed by Ciotta's writing. Romantic comedies with a hint of mad cap can so easily slip into awful. This one stayed fun and sexy all the way.

I love this kind of heroine (a little like Private Benjamin without the whine and horrible taste in men) quirky, sheltered, kind, accident prone, hard working and regaining her herself.

The hero is simply poleaxed. I love a pole axed hero. And he has cats. Great cats and an sexy PI. Yum.

The mystery is fun and gives us a good bit o
Joan Reeves
Afia St. John, the heroine in JINXED, was simply delightful. She made you understand and sympathize with her fragile emotions, and she made you laugh aloud at her entrance into the working world. The perfect counterpoint to the hapless socialite was rough, tough Jake Leeds, a P.I. who ends up as Afia's employer. Their relationship just reeked of sexual tension from the get-go. This slightly different romance was amusing, sexy, romantic, and hugely enjoyable.
Kristina  UK
Amusing at times romance story between a ditzy and unlucky heiress and a down at heels PI. If you like romance novels that are a bit saucy then you'll probably love this.
Monica
Very cute easy read, total RomCom.
Witchbaby
This book reminded me of a sweet Marilyn Monroe movie, in the very best of ways. It was sweet and cute and made me happy, even though I’m not really a fan of women who need a man to care for them.

Afia has buried her father, two husbands and has been bilked out of a small fortune – but somehow she manages to keep naiveté and sweetness. Her sweetness makes the story. I enjoyed the fast pace of the story and all the little digs at superstition.
D.S. Williams
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, it was a light, easy read, filled with humor and warmth. I loved the central characters, they were well rounded and thought out and their interactions were natural and fun. The secondary characters were also enjoyable to read. Recommended as a light-hearted and enjoyable lazy afternoon read.
Shelley
Sep 05, 2008 Shelley marked it as to-read
Shelves: mystery
Came across hundreds of saved book recs from a 2005 calendar while clearing out a box today. This one was on top and still looked good! (I'm afraid to go through the rest of them, for fear that they do, too.) They called it reminiscent of a 1930s screwball comedy, so I think it's worth tracking down.
Rachael
I actually bought this book in a dollar store a few years ago just for the heck of it...some of the best money I've ever spent! Great fast, fun, sexy story. You can't help but like the characters...they're so lovable. Great story and some hot scenes! Loved it!
Jayme
Bought this book at the dollar store the other day because the cover caught my eye! I was looking for a quick easy read and that's what I got! Interesting and to the point. Read it in one sitting.
Char
According to USA Today Bestselling Author, Nan Ryan, "The hi-jinks of Ciotta's charmingly imperfect heroine make JINXED a hip, witty, fun read!" I agree. Very fun romp . . . I adore Beth Ciotta.
Alisue
Super cute and really a fun read.
Sara
very cute... loved the hero but wasn't too sure about the heroine, until she redeems herself at the end (view spoiler)
Tabatha
I really enjoyed this book but I feel like there were some unanswered questions in the end. Over all the characters were enjoyable and the plot interesting.
Penelope Marzec
Afia is simply the perfect heroine and Jake is one tough PI with a heart of gold. Once I started this book, I couldn't stop. It was heart-warming and fun.
Bitch With
I'm not going to lie; I'm currently on a romance bender. This was a sweet, quick read. Good for a hot summer day.
Christina Boswell
Great fun, light read. Very funny and romantic. I really enjoyed this series!!
Christy
Cute romance...don't have to think to read it.
July
Cute romantic comedy
Jeannette
Funny and light reading.
Judy
It was an easy read but cute!
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Steve Mckinney
Steve Mckinney marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
  • Kiss the Bride (Includes: Amour et Chocolat, #0.5)
  • Live (Burnside, #1)
  • The Chocolate Temptation (Amour et Chocolat, #6)
  • Coming Home for Christmas: A Christmas in Paradise\O Christmas Tree\No Crib for a Bed
  • The Substitute Bridegroom
  • Just My Luck (Escape to New Zealand, #5)
  • The Famous Heroine (Stapleton-Downes, #5)
  • Charming The Duke
  • The Last Rogue (Regency Quartet, #4)
  • The Spanish Groom
  • Shoreline Drive (Sanctuary Island, #2)
  • In Want of a Wife (Bitter Springs #3)
  • Logan & Jenna (The Wolf's Mate #6)
  • Fall Into His Arms
  • Beyond Repair
  • Just One Taste (Recipe for Love #3)
  • Never a Gentleman (The Drake's Rakes, #2)
Storytelling comes naturally to award-winning author Beth Ciotta. Limiting herself to one sub-genre does not. Dubbed “fun and sexy” by Publisher’s Weekly, Beth specializes in writing Romantic Comedy with a Twist of Suspense and is published in contemporary, historical, and paranormal romantic fiction. “I can’t think of anything more fulfilling than writing stories where everyone (except the villai ...more
More about Beth Ciotta...

Friends and Lovers Trilogy (3 books)
  • Charmed (Friends and Lovers Trilogy, #2)
  • Seduced (Friends and Lovers Trilogy, #3)
Fool for Love (Cupcake Lovers, #1) Her Sky Cowboy (The Glorious Victorious Darcys, #1) Out of Eden (The McGraws, #1) The Trouble with Love (Cupcake Lovers, #2) Anything But Love (Cupcake Lovers, #3)

“Sometimes you have to forgive the process, knowing that the outcome is for the best.” 4 likes