Start by marking “Warehouse 13: A Touch of Fever” as Want to Read:
Warehouse 13: A Touch of Fever

Warehouse 13: A Touch of Fever

4.03  ·  Rating Details  ·  391 Ratings  ·  63 Reviews
THE UNKNOWN HAS AN ADDRESS. . . .

Hidden away in the Badlands of South Dakota, Warehouse 13 is a top-secret repository for historical artifacts imbued with dangerous supernatural properties. Secret Service agents Pete Lattimer and Myka Bering are ever on the lookout for loose artifacts threatening to ruin the world’s day. Their mission:“Snag it, bag it, tag it.”

Reports of
Published June 28th 2011 by Pocket Books

Kristin ❋extols death with luminescent brilliance❋
Yeah, yeah, I read it, shut it. I never read this kind of stuff but y office mate gave it to me and I truly had nothing else to read at the time and I like this goofy fun show.

Great tie-in book to the show, really felt like any other episode and captured their personalities decently. However, unless you like and watch the show, you aren't going to like this. Its featherbrained charm doesn't come off quite as well off-camera. Some things, shouldn't be messed with.

Abby
Jul 18, 2011 Abby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Abby by: Warehouse 13 tv series
I ADORE this show, so the book was fun. However, it's like the author is trying to prove what a fan he is and how much he knows the show. Now I am WAY obsessed, but I don't feel like he needs to reference every episode and artifact and minor thing that was said just to create the atmosphere. And I don't think he writes Claudia dialog well. That being said, the artifacts and both the A and B plot are very cool. I have about 50 pages left so I hope it wraps up well. And we all know I'm so obsessed ...more
Ed Dexter
Sep 05, 2012 Ed Dexter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't know if there are more W13 novels planned but this one has set a high bar for any future additions!

If you enjoy the show, you'll really like the book. Heck, I think even if you've never seen the show there is enough exposition so that you could get into this sci-fi action story with little problem.

The story takes place sometime before Claudia is promoted to field agent but that doesn't mean she and the rest of the Warehouse "staff" are left in the background. Claudia, Artie and even Leen
Cheryl
Jun 27, 2011 Cheryl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Secret Service Agents, Pete Lattimer and Myka Bering have just come back from retrieving Anne Bonny’s cutlass. There was almost more of Pete than he would have liked. But he and Myka survived.

The brainy Artie has a lead on what could be another paranormal mission. The Whitman Brothers Carnival is in town. It seems that the carnival’s biggest claim to fame is Princess Nefertiti. Princess Nefertiti. When Pete and Myka discover where Princess Nefertiti’s healing powers come from, they must stop he
An Odd1
Nov 22, 2011 An Odd1 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, action, fun
Like me, author Greg Cox fell in love with bantering Pete, conscientious Myka, cocky Claudia, bushy-browed professorial Artie, (serene Leena ...), nails their unique voices, spider-webs opening TV shot of main Warehouse 13 spooky shelves deep into mountain warrens. Special effect lightning explosions, even supernatural scents of fudge, then pineapple, push print maybe ahead of screen for vivid sense stimulation.
After a fear and fun piratical chantey opener, agents cross country chasing carnie h
David
Nov 12, 2013 David rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While novels based on television programs often fail to translate the tone, attitude, and characterization of the audio visual product into print, this one suceeds big time. One would think that readers would always be able to visualize the characters from the program acting in the way a print author describes, but far too often, novelizations of such programming loses the tone, the attitude, or has the characters acting in a manner insonstent with the character as portrayed on screen.

However,
Daniel
Sep 16, 2011 Daniel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
Joel Neff
Good tie-in novels are hard to come by. The author has to find that perfect balance between the new and the familiar; he or she is denied the luxury of introducing new principal characters and is limited in both setting and scope. Anything said by the characters cannot sound too different from a given actor or actress' cadence and rhythms. Any props have to realistically fit into the mythology and feel of a show.

At the same time, readers expectations are perhaps higher than they would be for a s
Tim The Enchanter
3.5 Stars of Goofy Fun

If you are a fan of the show, you will like this book. It reads like the script from the episode of the show. If you haven`t watched the show, you may not understand some of the references and may find the characters underdeveloped. The book banks on the reader having a mental picture of the characters.

The story on its own is rather entertaining and is a bit bigger and more extravagant than the TV episodes. Overall, you can`t go wrong with secret government agencies track
Sarah Crawford
Jan 20, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book opens with Pete and Myka in a museum trying to hunt down the cutlass of a woman pirate. The usual things happen. The story moves on to its main emphasis, a woman that appears in carnivals and other places and can actually heal people. Artie figures it's some kind of artifact that she is using and he sends Myka and Pete to obtain it.

Things don't go well, though, as they find that the circus people are willing to break the law and interfer with their investigation. The woman escapes and
Ayush
Jan 17, 2012 Ayush rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
I have watched Warehouse 13 and have loved it. It introduced a group of people where everyone was unique. When I started this book, I had no idea what to expect from this book. Pete and Myka are one of my favorite pairs of the world of TV and I wasn't very sure that the book would do them justice.

But as I read it, I didn't stop until I had reached the last page. I thoroughly enjoyed the characters as if I was watching another Warehouse 13 episode. The totem attack was amazingly detailed. It only
Sally
Television-tie-in novel! That was actually loads of fun... even if it did only mention H.G. Wells three times - and each time just a name in passing, listing off the bad people, never once mentioning that she was a woman. Hmph, the Myka/H.G. shipper in me was not happy :P At least she warranted a mention in the Christmas episode... pals, lovers, grappler... you get the idea.

Anyway, this was pretty fun. It was like a movie-length episode or something, and made lots of mentions of past, actual epi
Wayland Smith
I was a big fan of Warehouse 13, and I miss the show. This is a decent novel written like an episode of the show. Pete, Myka, Claudia, and Artie are back, and all written nicely in character.

The dangerous artefact here is a pair of gloves that let you cure diseases, but the price is making other people sick. Pretty much all the artefacts on Warehouse 13 had down sides, and this one is a nasty one.

It was a fun read about an enjoyable tv show. Recommended to fans of Warehouse 13.
Ada
Sep 17, 2013 Ada rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I should preface this review by saying that I love the Warehouse 13 TV series. I think the concept of the show is wonderful. I enjoy the history, the characters, the set, and the various storylines. That being said, this book simply did not do the TV show justice. I understand that as an author, having to write a book with such a strong fan base who already know and love the characters and the world in which the book is set can be daunting. Cox did a good job at staying true to the characters of ...more
Paul Lunger
Oct 17, 2011 Paul Lunger rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If ever there was an author who was appropriate to write the first novel based upon SyFy's "Warehouse 13", Greg Cox is clearly the author. In the debut novel Pete & Myka follow the clue to an artifact that is causing people to be healed magically & make people sick at other times while at Warehouse 13 Artie, Claudia & Leena deal with an escaped artifact that threatens Univille. Cox keeps to the true natures of the characters & this series & writes a beautifully done book that ...more
Trish
Jul 08, 2013 Trish rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'Warehouse 13: A Touch of Fever' is, I think, an excellent first tie-in endeavor. It's just as fun as the TV show, if not more so, because while the show may be limited by budget or length, the book can go just about any place the author can imagine. And Greg Cox has certainly gone just about everywhere you can go with a show like this...meaning there are plenty of cool artifacts and locations in this book. Also, the characters are well written, the dialogue sounds like it has come straight from ...more
Dan
Jul 01, 2011 Dan rated it really liked it
Although this book is a tie-in to the Syfy television series, I am not going to compare the two as one is reading and the other viewing and you certainly perceive both differently (and I must admit I have only seen the TV show a few times). Now on to the book: Warehouse 13 is a secret government storage facility that houses strange artifacts of mystical power. A Touch of Fever deals with the agents trying to locate the gloves Clara Barton used in the Civil War. Separated on performs good and the ...more
Ceejay
Oct 01, 2014 Ceejay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you enjoyed the Warehouse 13 series, then you'll love this novel.Mr. Cox captured the characters perfectly! I searched on-line, and this is the only Warehouse 13 novel that I could find. That's a shame,as the TV series has ended its run. This would be a perfect time to try again! Mr. Cox would be the perfect choice for the novelist.
J.B.
Apr 24, 2015 J.B. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This Book was a real hoot from beginning to end. I absolutely loved it. The emotion, angst and camaraderie really hit me. I highly recommend this book. The story really came to life for me... it was truly One Of A Kind!
Feb 09, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
A rash of miraculous healings lead Pete and Myka to an artifact doing so much good out in the world that they are reluctant to snag it, but naturally things soon turn deadly. While they tackle a lunatic with a lethal touch, back at the Warehouse Claudia and Artie become enmeshed in artifact-y hijinks. This Warehouse 13 tie-in is obsessively faithful to the show, stuffed full of references to episodes and artifacts from the first two seasons. It probably wouldn’t be enough to attract a non-viewer ...more
Heidi Miller
Dec 28, 2014 Heidi Miller rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the Warehouse 13 series on SyFy so was delighted to find this tie-in by Greg Cox. He captured the characters perfectly, and I enjoyed how he introduced his own artifacts into the mix. Very unique, very much part of that world.

I haven't run across any other tie-ins, thusfar, but I'm still hoping there are a few out there somewhere that I missed.
Ricardo Neves
Amazing adaptation, very true to the series and the characters. What I didn't like so much was the part about the totems coming to life. By itself, as a stand-alone plot, I liked it - it was well written, had lots of action and entertainment -; as part of the general story, the only thing it did was stalling. I understand that this sometimes happens in the series, and that the author felt the need to involve the Warehouse and whoever wasn't in the field, but I'd prefer to see all of them battlin ...more
AnnaM
Nov 12, 2011 AnnaM rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a fun book. I can see this as an episode. It was fast, melodramatic, campy, and lots of fun. Yes, some of the dialogue was a bit too Batman-esque but some of the dialogue was wonderful. Yes, there were a lot of references to old adventures but it made me realize how many episodes I've missed. This book left me craving a marathon of eps I've never seen. LOL.

I thought all but one of the characters were in-character the entire time, and the story was completely plausible for the show. I would
Jason Corfman
Dec 06, 2013 Jason Corfman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
I am a huge fan of Warehouse 13. It is my favorite TV series that is still being broadcast (although, unfortunately, not for much longer, as there are only six episodes left in the series), and one of my top three TV series of all time. So when I saw that there was a book based on the series, I had to have it.

The fits into the series perfectly (it is set sometime in late season 2). The characters are spot on and the story left me on the edge of my seat. I'd love to read more books from the serie
Jodie
Feb 28, 2015 Jodie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Exactly what you expect in a tie in novel.
Beth
Jun 29, 2011 Beth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-review, reviews
Originally published at BethsBookReviews.com

I am by no means a hardcore Warehouse 13 fan but I do enjoy the show and found this intriguing. It was, like most books based on a television series, a solid independent story that was true to the television show and its characters. This was firmly along the lines of a Doctor Who, Torchwood, or Eureka novel - entertaining and gives you your fix between seasons. This is highly recommended for fans of the television series.
Karsyn
Sep 11, 2014 Karsyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh how I miss WH13. If I could live in a book world, it would be The Night Circus. If I could live in a TV show world, it would absolutely be Warehouse 13.

It was great to get another story, so I LOVED the book. It's clear the author watched it, and knew their mannerisms, so that was good, though a good "hey hey hey" was definitely missing!!!! Made me miss Lena so much. I miss the show, the best one ever. Damn SyFy, they suck!! :( I feel a WH13 marathon coming, after my current Read-a-Thon, of co
David Caldwell
Jul 28, 2011 David Caldwell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very nice edition to the Warehouse 13 universe.The novel feels very much like one of the television episodes.The only thing that slightly bothered me was all of the references to previous episodes. At first it was a nice tie- in to the show, but this is a case where a little goes a long way.One example of where it was not needed was when Myka was facing off against a bad guy and started remembering the last time she saw something as bad as what she was facing.Not really a time for reminiscing.
Temperance
Not a bad TV tie in.
Amanda
Jul 25, 2013 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall I enjoyed this Warehouse 13 adventure. The cast is kept in character (I thought Pete was rendered especially well) and it has the typical dual plotline of a regular episode. However. The pacing was a slog, and with all the artifacts running around, there could have been a lot more done with them. (Erzebet Bathory's bloody bathtub and a piranha-toothed shrunken head, and all they do is set another artifact loose? The shrunken head was scarier.)
Warehouse 13: Dis...: A Touch of Fever 1 1 May 03, 2012 05:40AM
  • Eureka: Substitution Method (Eureka, #1)
  • Primeval: Extinction Event
  • Primeval: Fire and Water (Primeval, #8)
  • Mind Over Magic (Psych, #2)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Reliquary (Stargate Atlantis, #2)
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
  • John Carter: The Movie Novelization: Also Includes: A Princess of Mars
  • Primeval: Shadow of the Jaguar (Primeval, #5)
  • Star Trek: Ongoing, Volume 4
  • Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (Stargate Atlantis, #4)
  • Cowboys and Aliens
  • Primeval: The Lost Island (Primeval, #6)
  • Four Dragons
  • This Is My Letter To The World: The Omikuji Project Cycle One
  • Section 31: Abyss (Star Trek: Sector 31, #3)
  • Star Trek Legion of Super-Heroes