Start by marking “Hidden Summit (Virgin River, #15)” as Want to Read:
Hidden Summit (Virgin River, #15)

Hidden Summit (Virgin River #15)

4.16  ·  Rating Details  ·  7,047 Ratings  ·  393 Reviews
Sick of running into her cheery ex-husband and his new wife, Leslie Petruso accepts a job at the Virgin River branch of Haggerty Construction and takes the high road right out of town. Now she's got Paul Haggerty's business running like a well-oiled machine. In fact, things are so busy Paul jumps at the chance to hire an extra set of hands.

Just like Leslie, Conner Danson h
Mass Market Paperback, 347 pages
Published December 27th 2011 by Mira (first published December 16th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Hidden Summit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden Summit

Easy by Tammara WebberAbout That Night by Julie JamesOn Dublin Street by Samantha YoungSlammed by Colleen HooverBared to You by Sylvia Day
2012 Contemporary Romance Novels
52nd out of 231 books — 1,097 voters
Shelter Mountain by Robyn CarrHead Over Heels by Jill ShalvisVirgin River by Robyn CarrA Heart For The Ocean by Taylor LakkeTemptation Ridge by Robyn Carr
Best Small Town Romance
25th out of 486 books — 209 voters

More lists with this book...

♡Karlyn P♡
4+ stars. I love the Virgin River series, the stories work for me on so many levels. While each book has a unique hero and heroine, and some are more entertaining than others, we can always count on visiting with many of the town folks from previous books, hanging out at Jack’s bar, and seeing what Preacher is cooking for dinner. I honestly feel like the main characters are real, three-dimensional people that I consider friends. Crazy, I know, but I think that is what appeals so many readers to ...more
Shawna
4 stars – Contemporary Romance

This is a great addition to the Virgin River series. I really enjoyed the romance between Conner and Leslie, and the inclusion of several key players, including Jack, Brie, Mike, Paul, Preacher, and Dan, as well as some new characters, showcased some of the strengths that have made this such a great, longstanding series. I’m looking forward to Katie’s story next in Redwood Bend, and I have high hopes for Nora finding her HEA in Sunrise Point.
Karla
4.5 stars. Loved it! Classic Virgin River, and not only to we get a few new fantastic characters, we had plenty of our old favorites, most notably…Jack! I really enjoyed the relationship that developed between Connor and Leslie. They had similar history with exes and therefore they related to each other very well. Leslie was funny, determined and wicked with a fire extinguisher, had no fear taking matters into her own hands. Connor had it for her bad and he heated up the sheets with her pretty q ...more
Auntee
Not one of RC's standouts, but still very entertaining with some hot moments and a little suspense. Two new and very likable characters come to Virgin River, each have had life changing experiences, and manage to fall in love. Expect to see Jack, Preacher, Brie, Mike, Dan Brady---even Noah...all the usual suspects (but no Mel). Full review closer to release date.
KatLynne
Another great addition to the Virgin River series. I enjoyed the newcomers Conner & Leslie's story. There was sizzling steam between these two and my only complaint was the quick ending.

As always when I finish a VR read, I find myself wanting to visit and stay awhile with these old friends:)

Thank you Robyn Carr for the mention of a very serious and deadly food allergy, peanuts. I lived my life unaware of the dangers of food allergies. I had no idea what families suffered and endured. Now,
Beanbag Love
Dec 30, 2011 Beanbag Love rated it really liked it
Not bad. Between 3.5 and 4.0, I think. This was the second book in the Virgin River series in a row that Carr has focused almost solely on the main couple. Unfortunately I felt that it caused some padding in the form of repetition in this case. The characters kept telling the same information over and over. To different people, of course, but it was still the same thing being played out again and again. We actually could have used a couple of side stories in this one.

But I loved Connor and Lesl
Splage
I just love this series, it is like comfort food for me. Hidden Summit just moseyed along, nothing earth shattering, but it wasn't boring. I haven't read a bad book in this series, they are all just so cozy and good. I have noticed in the last 4 books that they are starting to get a little more tame with simpler story lines as the series goes on, but tame is still good when it comes to VR.

I thought the H&h were good people that you could identify with, both came from bad relationships and a
Darcy
I will admit that I went into this one a little leery. The main couple of the book were people that we haven't meet before and in past books those haven't always been my favorites of the series. I think because they seem like such outsiders and we don't get to see the past characters that I have grown to love. But those favorite characters really helped the story line and the characters blend into the community.

I felt so sorry for Connor, he tried to do the right thing and got is life taken away
Brie C.
Dec 20, 2011 Brie C. rated it liked it
Originally posted at Romance Around the Corner

To me the Virgin River books are a bit like comfort food, you know what you are going to get, they make you feel good and you always come back for more. This is the 17th book in the series but Robyn has reinvented it by infusing it with new characters, which allows new readers to jump right in, even if you haven’t read the other books.

Hidden Summit is the story of Conner Danson. After an unfortunate event where he ended up the only witness of a murde
Leish
Jan 25, 2012 Leish rated it did not like it
Having never read any of Carr’s previous Virgin River books, I had no expectations coming into this one. I was enjoying this book up until Carr used the term mustache ride and tried to make it sound sexy. That pretty much traumatized me….and made me laugh. This is probably because I find mustaches super creepy.

Ignoring that part, I could have done without Leslie and Conner. I think it would have been more interesting to follow Conner through the investigation. The investigation wasn’t portrayed
Susan
Jan 29, 2012 Susan rated it it was amazing
Very good book. When he came to Virgin River to wait to testify, Connor was so angry at everything that had happened to him. Leslie was happy to be there because it got her away from her ex. Connor went to work for Paul and rediscovered his love of working with his hands. He also started to get to know Leslie. She found that the more time she spent in Virgin River the more of her old self she got back. Her self-esteem had been very low thanks to her ex. There were several times he showed up in V ...more
Kristen
4 Stars

These books are the perfect "getting into the holiday spirit" type of read. They have a quaint, almost Hallmark-movie type feel to them that leaves me feeling uplifted. That said, I don't think I'd have the patience to read them, as they're not as couple centered as I prefer in my romances. However, I've loved listening to them as I go about my day.
Regina
3.5 Stars. This book is good solid fun. Fans of the Virgin River series will enjoy it and I do believe that even if a reader has never picked up one of the Virgin River books before, Hidden Summit can be read as a stand alone. However, having said that, readers committed to the timeline in Virgin River likely want to stick to the path of reading the books in order as there are changes in characters’ lives throughout the series.

Hidden Summit introduces several new characters to the Virgin River
Christa
Dec 27, 2011 Christa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook-arc
This book was a delightful addition to the Virgin River series. As always, it was wonderful to have glimpes into the beloved characters of the previous books in the series. The two main characters in Hidden Summit were both likeable and had me rooting for them from the beginning. The storyline was interesting and entertaining, and I'm so glad that Netgalley gave me the opportunity to read and review this one.

Leslie Petruso is trying to recover from the breakup of her marriage, and is not success
Krista
Feb 22, 2016 Krista rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: david-s-kindle
Sadly, this was my least favorite Virgin River book. The writing was so jagged and rough it was hard to keep track of transitions. There were so many transitions that I just had to laugh at. They were absurd. The hero says something like "let's go be romantic" to the heroine, and the heroine says, "Let's have fruit and waffles for breakfast tomorrow." Seriously?

I wasn't really fond of the hero either. He came off as rude and angry in the first chapter, then as kind of a big lug dumb constructio
Honeywell
Jan 01, 2012 Honeywell rated it really liked it
Can stand alone
A refreshing addition to the series that introduces two new characters to Virgin River. The story didn't seem to be as weighted with all of the babies and characters from the previous books. And I actually liked this book more because the focus seemed to be on the new characters (mostly sequel bait I'm guessing) instead of the old--which seems weird considering I liked all the previous books and couples.

If you're new to the series (and aren't crazy obsessive about reading a serie
Sharon Metcalf
This was my first Robyn Carr novel and I liked it. It kind of reminded me of a Lori Foster book. Strong, hunky, big male character with a heart of gold and a protective streak. Connor Danson is the name of this guy and he's in a witness protection program. After witnessing a murder his hardware store is burnt to the ground & he received death threats so they've relocated him to a small town (against his wishes) and his sister and his 5 year old twin nephews have been sent off in another dire ...more
K.
Oct 01, 2012 K. rated it really liked it
Gotta love RC! I won't go into it, as there are a lot of great reviews already on this book (not to mention I only have my iPhone right now), but the ex-husband alone made it worth my while...What a narcissistic nut job - LOL! A lot going "out" there, but definately NOTHING penetrating the void between his ears! Of course RC wove a great story as always ... But the Ex deserved an honorable mention!
K.
Anne OK
Jan 19, 2012 Anne OK rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads
Another wonderful addition to the Virgin River Series. I am certainly eager for the next book to get another look at Conner and Leslie - their story ended much too quickly. Hoping that Conner's sister Katie and her twins make their way to Virgin River where she'll find a wonderful HEA as well. As with all the others, each visit to the little mountain town leaves me with a smile on my face.
Christine Ashworth
Aug 28, 2012 Christine Ashworth rated it really liked it
Three Virgin River books in three days. At first I considered them Nice Stories. By the time I was done with #3, I realized I was hooked. No pulse-pounding frights, no terrible, heart-wrenching scenes - just life, and hard decisions, and loving people in a small town. Gotta love it.
Vicky
Apr 26, 2015 Vicky rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I got hooked on this series because the first few were well written and had very compelling characters. I don't read romance novels just for the romance - I like to have something in addition to flesh out the characters and the plot. Robyn Carr is at her best when the story is laced with humor. I also like it when she touches on the hard issues that every day people often face. Hidden Summit just did not grab my interest. I will keep reading the series to see what happens to the good people of V ...more
Ssil
May 28, 2015 Ssil rated it liked it
Últimamente dispongo de muy poco tiempo para leer y me apetece sumergirme en romances sencillos, entretenidos y bonitos. Por eso mismo escogí Un lugar escondido, porque tenía toda la pinta de ser la lectura agradable y simple que a mí me hacía falta. Y no me equivoqué. Robyn Carr nos ofrece una historia amable y tierna, reconfortante en varios aspectos. Es una de esas historias que lees en una sola tarde y que te deja con una sensación de placidez absoluta.

Reseña completa: http://loquequierahoy.
Booklover, Indianapolis
(Jan) It was nice to come back to VR after a long break from the series. As has been my lament in the last many books of the series, these are no longer the long-arc, multiple romances in different stages VR books that made up the first several books in the series. Instead, VR is the setting and each of the last several books is a single, stand alone romance with cameos by some of our favorite VR characters, and can be read as stand alones in the series, unlike the first few. I do love seeing Ja ...more
Janet
I posted this on the Book Lovers Message board earlier: "I was at Target yesterday, looking for some comfort reads, and I picked up the new Robyn Carr (Hidden Summit) and well, it was comfortable for sure. Like a pair of well-broken-in and enjoyed sneakers. Liked the H/h, fun to see old friends but about 2/3s through a biker stopped by and I thought, hmmm, new hero (or new potential hero pool to pick from?) and the hero's sister was in an iffy non-relationship. Well, before you can say or think ...more
Leea
Sep 22, 2012 Leea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, cont-romance
First off, i'm a huge fan of the Virgin River Series. I have enjoyed them all but having said that Hidden Summit didn't do it for me. The spark was missing between Conner and Leslie. The words were there but it lacked the feeling that i've come to know and love with reading this series.

What you do get is more into the lives of your favorite Virgin River characters - it's like a back country soap opra without all the plastic surgery and fake acting. This town stands together and they take care of
Redheads Review it Better
Jan 21, 2012 Redheads Review it Better rated it it was amazing
Another great, awesome, spectacular, amazing, marvelous, story. I really could go on and on with a bunch of words to describe what I think about this novel because I absolutely love Robyn Carr's books. I don't think she has written a bad one. I got my mom reading them and she asked me if I had a favorite. I made an unladylike sound then told her it was whatever book I was currently reading or just read. It is impossible for me to pick a favorite. They are all so fabulous!

So forgive me if I don't
Leslie
Jan 03, 2012 Leslie rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, contemporary
Grade: B+

When I read the blurb for Hidden Summit I was so thrilled to see a heroine with my name! I can't tell you how rare it is. I don't remember ever read a romance with a heroine named Leslie. But that's just a bonus since this is Robyn Carr's Virgin River series.

If you have to hide out, Virgin River, California isn't a bad place to do it. Conner Danson has lost everything and is now pretending to be someone else. I was expecting him to be a bitter recluse but he surprised me. He's friendly
Kimberly
Dec 30, 2011 Kimberly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I pre-ordered Hidden Summit and was ecstatic when it appeared on my Nook Tablet. As I have stated before this is one of my favorite contemporary romance series. Carr has a gift for spinning delightful tales about this small California mountain town. Each time I visit, she brings fresh characters and a storyline that captures me from page one.

In Hidden Summit we meet two new strangers. First we meet, Leslie Petruso, who needs a fresh start after her divorce. She is a spunky blonde, who has no tro
Jess
Jan 02, 2012 Jess rated it really liked it
Shelves: robyn-carr, 2012
I enjoyed this one despite the fact that the characters were new to the series. But I definitely fell in love with Connor from the first time he met with Brie, just her description of him was enough to make me happy. I also really liked Leslie, although I found her ex-husband to be really strange and a weird storyline it was still awesome to see her go after him with the fire extinguisher.

I was wondering how Carr was going to resolve the trial and the issues that would happen after (don't want
Western and Medie...: Hidden Summit (Virgin River #17) by Robyn Carr (Start Date: May, 2015) 2 15 Apr 24, 2015 01:22PM
Every Day Heroes 1 41 Feb 23, 2012 07:45AM
  • That Holiday Feeling (Virgin River, #7.5; Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Lover's Leap (Eternity Springs, #4)
  • Only Yours (Fool's Gold, #5)
  • Where Azaleas Bloom (The Sweet Magnolias, #10)
  • Holly Lane (Destiny, #4)
  • The Comforts of Home (Harmony, #3)
  • Woodrose Mountain (Hope's Crossing,#2)
  • Almost Home (Chesapeake Diaries #3)
A RITA award-winning author of 25 novels, Robyn Carr has found a whole new following with her stories about the independent women and former marines of Virgin River."

RT's Career Achievement Best Author Award winner (2010) for Contemporary Romance.
More about Robyn Carr...

Virgin River (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Virgin River (Virgin River, #1)
  • Shelter Mountain (Virgin River, #2)
  • Whispering Rock (Virgin River, #3)
  • A Virgin River Christmas (Virgin River, #4)
  • Second Chance Pass (Virgin River, #5)
  • Temptation Ridge (Virgin River, #6)
  • Paradise Valley (Virgin River, #7)
  • Forbidden Falls (Virgin River, #8)
  • Angel's Peak (Virgin River, #9)
  • Moonlight Road (Virgin River, #10)

“I discriminate against stupid assholes!” 1 likes
“You know. I can call my husband an idiot and asshole but no one else can. It’s a rule. It’s almost a law.” 1 likes