Start by marking “Take Off Your Glasses and See: A Mind/Body Approach to Expanding Your Eyesight and Insight” as Want to Read:

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  10 reviews
This revolutionary new look at vision will broaden your understanding of how you see and how you can see without your glasses or contact lenses.
Take Off Your Glasses and See shows you how to free yourself from the crutch of prescription lenses, to build your self-confidence and awareness, and to open up your inner and outer vision in order to see more clearly.
Jacob Liberma
Published June 22nd 2011 by Harmony (first published February 28th 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Take Off Your Glasses and See, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Take Off Your Glasses and See

Jim
I'm not positive of my rating on this book as the effects of it are not in yet. I'm doing the exercises & have other things to try (like using weaker reading glasses for longer periods) before I can say for sure.

I had high hopes for the book & while they weren't completely dashed, I wasn't terribly pleased to find out that it mostly dealt with long range vision & my problem is with my close range. Still, it gave me some support for a theory that I'd held myself - my optometrist gives
Karli
It works, it really does. Commit and follow through with your eye exercises, and you will see significant improvement within a month. I went from 20/70 to 20/30 in just 30 days.
Mary Lewis
This book discusses the emotional basis for near or far sightedness. Energy and Auras are discussed. Inner vision and Eye vision are equated. Lack of eye movement due to wearing glasses/contacts are shown to cause a reduction in ability to feel and view wholely or fully. The restricted eye movement causes a mental tunnel vision and resulting emotional restrictions. His method for eliminatine the use of glasses and contacts are given. Eye exercises. Tibetan Wheel. Eye chart. Vision improvement re ...more
Trace
Some really intriguing ideas about healing your vision. The author says that the body is remarkable in that it has the ability to heal itself in ALL areas - even vision. Makes sense to me.

I found the book tedious to read - I like summaries, and this book didn't summarize main points...

I'm going to do further research on this topic and try some of the exercises... if they work, I'll increase my rating.
Natalie
This book is written by and eye doctor and has a very different perspective on vision than you will have ever heard. It was interesting and made me want to work on correcting my own vision. For someone like me who has worn glasses since the 4th grade with a large prescription, it is a great book for hope.
Miyo Kachi
I feel so much gratitude toward Dr. Liberman. Reading and working with this this book helped my eyesight so much, I was able to pass my driving test to drive in Tennessee ( which I initially failed) . Cannot recommend it highly enough- if you are considering Lasik surgery to correct your eyesight, read this first !
Curtis
The concepts in here have worked well for me. In the words of my optometrist when giving me yet another weaker prescription, "whatever you're doing, keep doing it."
Angie Libert
I have only read half of this book so far and the main thesis seems to be that the cause of eye problems is related to the emotions. There are some physical activities in the book, but my reasoning at this point is to seek emotional release and then read a book by Bates for physical exercises for eyesight improvement.
May FLower
Really interesting read on the mind/body connection as it relates to sight.
Anastasia
I like the overall approach - it's about changing your perception.
Peter
Peter is currently reading it
May 20, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
gardenistic
gardenistic marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Saurabh
Saurabh marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Desiree
Desiree marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Liam
Liam marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Donya
Donya is currently reading it
Apr 06, 2015
Daniela Gorrino
Daniela Gorrino marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Karla Taylor
Karla Taylor marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Ben Banton
Ben Banton marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Max Micheelsen
Max Micheelsen marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Sean
Sean is currently reading it
May 15, 2015
Patrickd
Patrickd marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Steven Mays
Steven Mays marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Leopold Schmitz
Leopold Schmitz marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Vishw Vijit
Vishw Vijit marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Light: Medicine of the Future: How We Can Use It to Heal Ourselves NOW Wisdom From An Empty Mind Light: New Paradigm for Healing Healing with Light Light Years Ahead: The Illustrated Guide to Full Spectrum and Colored Light in Mindbody Healing