Start by marking “It Could Happen To You” as Want to Read:
It Could Happen To You

It Could Happen To You

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  142 ratings  ·  12 reviews
An enchanting novel about realising that journeys of discovery don't always have to be to far-flung places
Published (first published August 5th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about It Could Happen To You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Could Happen To You

Charlotte
This is chick lit but a notch above the normal stuff. Just what I neededsomething easy and enjoyable.
Anna
Scottish chic lit! What's not to like about that?
April
Scottish chick lit!!! I didn't know such a thing existed. I must admit I read it purely for that reason. The writing was a bit clumsy in places but the story was gripping and I had to know what happened to the characters. Great holiday book. Easy going with an intriguing plot line.
Fran devaney
Just discovered Isla Dewar through recommendation from my sister. This book is hilarious. It's a very easy and enjoyable read following the fortunes of ? and her adventures in London and eventual return to her Scottish village which was hilariously portrayed. The book did lose it's pace a bit but I really loved the characters.
Tracy
Mar 22, 2008 Tracy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Helen
My new favourite author.
You can't help but admire her characters, and I love her writing style. Each book focuses on one or more Scottish women who live, or have lived, in Scotland. These are no-nonsense women whose lives aren't always enviable but you can't help but want to follow the tale of their life.
Dark-Draco
I really liked this. An easy read, but the story was great and the characters seemed so real that I wished I could meet them. The village joins Ballykissangel and Glenbogle on the list of fictional places that I'd like to live. At least it made me smile and had a happy ending - what more do you want?
Kirsty Hill
Was very aware at a few stages in this book that not a lot was happening. This book really lacked any gripping plot but was still enjoyable due to the characters. I did enjoy this book but missed the satisfaction of discovering the end to a page turning storyline.
Stephanie
i liked this book much more than the last one i read by I. Dewar... the plot and narrative tied together much better due to the set chronology.... it was a light, easy read set in village-life Scotland with quirky, likeable characters.
Chandrahvj
I thought I wasn't going to like this book, but it was really very good and has inspired me to read more by this author.
Rachel Brand
I remember borrowing this from the school library and really enjoying it, although I couldn't tell you much about the story.
Sharon
it's a bit slow to start, but enjoyed the story once I'd got into it. I expected more from it though.
San
Alles van Isla Dewar is just fantastic
Becky
Becky added it
Jun 19, 2015
Neddie Barnett
Neddie Barnett marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Tracy
Tracy added it
May 30, 2015
LauLou
LauLou marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Estelle
Estelle marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Zuzana
Zuzana marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Pau Cevasco
Pau Cevasco marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
  • Tenderwire
  • A Mysterious Affair of Style
  • New Cardiff
  • Jinnie
  • Pretty Dead Things (Cetin Ikmen, #10)
  • Solace
  • Wild Oats
  • The Child Inside
  • Murder at Deviation Junction (Jim Stringer, #4)
  • Singing to the Dead (Anderson & Costello, #2)
Born in Edinburgh, Isla Dewar now lives in Fife with her husband, a cartoonist, and two sons. Her first novel, Keeping Up with Magda, published in 1995, has been followed by a string of bestsellers.
More about Isla Dewar...
Dancing in a Distant Place Giving Up On Ordinary Keeping Up with Magda Secrets of a Family Album The Woman Who Painted Her Dreams