The Everything Toddler Activities Book: Over 400 Games and Projects to Entertain and Educate

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  8 reviews
"You play with your toddler, but is she learning?
You teach your toddler, but is he having fun?"Now you can play "and" teach your toddler at the same time with this book. Written by an experienced child-care expert, this informative and fun guide shows you how to stimulate your child's development with age-appropriate, enjoyable, and educational activities such as:

Making Pu...more
Published January 15th 2012 by Adams Media Corporation (first published June 5th 2006)

Jaclyn
This book may be good for someone who hasn't worked with children before or for a playschool teacher or daycare worker looking for new ideas. For me, however, the activities that are good for my son are already common knowledge (ie: I Spy, Follow the Leader, etc); and the other activites are better suited for groups. Some activities are so cheesy that my two year old would wrinkle his nose.

I did get one great idea for his sandbox, though, so it wasn't a complete loss! There may be one great ide...more
Barbara
I have read several books of this type and this is my favorite by far. Most of the items required for the activities are things I already have on hand. Most of the activities require very little preparation time -- which is great since you don't want to spend 30 minutes preparing an activity for a toddler whose attention span is only 10 - 15 minutes tops. The variety of activities is wonderful. My kids have loved almost all of the activities I have introduced to them from this book.
Marjanne
Nov 05, 2008 Marjanne rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents
This is pretty much a just collection of activity ideas for toddlers with some parental philosophy thrown in. There are some that I am excited to try, but I was actually surprised that there wasn't more that I was interested in. I do like all the recipes to make your own playdough/paints/etc.
Meaghan
Helpful to keep Owen busy. We did a few activities, and this one seems to bridge the two to three year gap better than other "toddler" books I've read recently.
Jackie Nawrot
I have a 2yo, 3yo and 7yo and this book is full of awesome activities no matter where you are. I now have a nice quiet peaceful house.
Wendy
Found this book very helpful keeping a toddler occupied, happy, and doing productive things while also caring for a newborn.
Heidi
This book had LOTS of good toddler activity ideas.
Gail
Great ideas about what to do with toddlers.
Kartik Santhanakrishnan
Kartik Santhanakrishnan marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Josh Tegart
Josh Tegart marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
PurplyCookie
PurplyCookie marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
Kara Ritchie
Kara Ritchie marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Mayowa
Mayowa marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 12, 2013
Ciara Salazar
Ciara Salazar marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
grace bartlett
grace bartlett marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2013
Catgirl (in Perth)
Catgirl (in Perth) marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The everything parent's guide to tantrums: the only book you need to prevent outbursts, avoid public scenes, and help your child stay calm 365 Toddler Activitiesthat Inspire Creativity: Games, Projects, and Pastimes That Encourage a Child's Learning and Imagination Mommy Rescue Guide: Tantrums: Lifesaving Techniques and Advice for Coping When Your Child Can't Panduan Lengkap Ibu Bapa Menangani TANTRUM