Start by marking “Heat Wave” as Want to Read:
Heat Wave

Heat Wave

New York is having a summer heat wave and three women are feeling it-and dealing with it-each in their own steamy way. . ..

Summer Fever by Donna Hill

Nina Forbes is excited to house sit in the Hamptons-but her handsome neighbor, Barbados native Ian Harrison, excites her even more. Soon the two are sharing conversation, kisses. . .and sizzling sleepovers. Ian promises to kee
Published July 1st 2011 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Heat Wave, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heat Wave

Kimberly
Jul 14, 2011 Kimberly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Summer Fever by Donna Hill - Ian and Nina's affair was hot and steamy from the beginning to end. I was glad to see their Love grow and they got through all the stubbornness.

One Hot Summer by Niobia Bryant - Maleek and Love's affair stood the test, with all the twist and turns. I was glad to see them make it though all the drama that comes with fame.

To Hot To Handel by Zuri Day - Trey and Choice, Hot, hot, hot. There love affair was explosive. I just love a man with swagger and confidence.

I alwa
African Americans on the Move Book Club
In 1963 when Martha and the Vandellas were crooning that love is like a heat wave, no one knew they were paving a way for the 2011 rendition of a new threesome to be reckoned with. Donna Hill, Niobia Bryant and Zuri Day have penned the novel Heat Wave, and it is definitely sizzling, to say the least. Like a soft, smoky voice over some smooth, sultry jazz, Heat Wave stirs up plenty of passion.

Donna Hill begins with “Summer Fever,” which is the story of Nina Forbes and Ian Harrison and the weeks t
Lady Raven RAVE!
Lady Raven Rave "Romance Novel Junkies"

Donna Hill

This story was ok to me a 3.5 star read. Even though I gave it 3.5 stars I still thought it was cute. Nina a regular school teacher in Brooklyn went to the Hamptons for her summer vacation. The house next to the summer house belonged to Ian, Ian is a successful business man who was immediately attracted to Nadia. In the beginning the little cat and mouse flirting game these two play was cute but got annoying after a while. It's realistic of cour
OOSA
Aug 10, 2014 OOSA rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some Like it Hot

Collectively the three stories that make up “Heat Wave” are enough to start a small fire. This is an amazing read and captures the reader from page one and keeps moving until the last page. All three authors are well established writers in the field of romance and bring to the table a well-thought-out plot that is able to captivate their audience. I would recommend this to anyone who loves a good romance with the right amount of steam. This book is sure to satisfy.

In ‘Summer Feve
Kim
Jul 05, 2011 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 stars - Summer Fever
This story was ok. You could tell Nina and Ian were in lust with each other but I didnt really feel the passion between them. The love scenes were just so so, and the ending was just so sudden. Ian comes to his senses 5weeks after they departed each other, proclaims his love and Nina reciprocates with no mention of love b4 the last page and a half of the book. This was probably the weakest story of the three, I am guessing this is why it was first.

5 stars - One Hot Summer
I
Charity
Reviewed for Nocturnereads.com

3.5 Hoots for Summer Fever. It was a cute story. The characters seemed real and the story progressed at a good pace. The sex scenes were steamy and definitely felt real. The ending…not so much. The last chapter was very rushed and was too short. I would have liked to see more details.

One Hot Summer gets 3 Hoots. The suspense was the best part of the whole story. I had a hard time connecting with the characters. Love and Maleek both come off as spoiled, it’s all abou
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Summer Sizzle. Hot Like Fire. Three authors bring to the pages the summer heat that provides a tantalizing night of passion.

Summer Fever (Hill)- Nina Forbes gets her summer heated with a house sitting job that leads to uber sexy Ian Harrison. This summer fever will last her a life time.

One Hot Summer (Bryant)- Simone "Love" Lovey has been destroyed by love in the spot light. Never again this brave women picks up her life and moves on, but then sexy star athlete Maleek Trenton enters her life.

To
Brandi
Jul 20, 2011 Brandi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three of the best in Af-Am romance together makes for an awesome read. All you would expect and more from Adrianne Byrd, Niobia Bryant and Zuri Day. These are women whose books I buy just because and I am never disappointed.
Angela
Jul 24, 2014 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These three stories are steamy. These are great beach reads, especially if you like trashy but well written quick reads. Wish I had a beach and a good drink when I read them.
Kelly Murphy
wow

Omg 3 awesome stories. I wish it was more or a follow up to each one. I can't get over how great they were. I wish it was more to Trey and Choice story.
Kelly Murphy
Jan 20, 2015 Kelly Murphy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Earniece
Dec 07, 2013 Earniece rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
great stories, they give you just enough storyline so you don't feel like you were short changed. great characters and interesting situations
Terin H*
Terin H* rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2013
Zaneta
May 20, 2013 Zaneta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All three stories had me feeling the heat wave! Love it!!!!
Tushauna Jones
Tushauna Jones rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2015
Roslyn Jones
Roslyn Jones rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2016
Reshemah
Reshemah rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2012
Kacey
Kacey rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2014
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Feb 29, 2016
Aj
Aj rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2016
F.y. Dawn
F.y. Dawn rated it it was ok
Jun 24, 2014
Star
Star rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2014
Pamelon
Pamelon rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2013
Camita
Camita rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2015
Brenda
Brenda rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2016
Mary Ann
Mary Ann rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2013
Lovie
Lovie rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2014
Sara
Sara rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2014
Tiffany Howe
Tiffany Howe rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2015
Margaret Patterson
Margaret Patterson rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2014