Start by marking “Heat Wave” as Want to Read:
Heat Wave

Heat Wave

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  173 ratings  ·  22 reviews
New York is having a summer heat wave and three women are feeling it-and dealing with it-each in their own steamy way....Summer Fever by Donna Hill

Nina Forbes is excited to house sit in the Hamptons-but her handsome neighbor, Barbados native Ian Harrison, excites her even more. Soon the two are sharing conversation, kisses...and sizzling sleepovers. Ian promises to keep in...more
Published July 1st 2011 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Heat Wave, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heat Wave

Kimberly
Summer Fever by Donna Hill - Ian and Nina's affair was hot and steamy from the beginning to end. I was glad to see their Love grow and they got through all the stubbornness.

One Hot Summer by Niobia Bryant - Maleek and Love's affair stood the test, with all the twist and turns. I was glad to see them make it though all the drama that comes with fame.

To Hot To Handel by Zuri Day - Trey and Choice, Hot, hot, hot. There love affair was explosive. I just love a man with swagger and confidence.

I alwa...more
OOSA
Some Like it Hot

Collectively the three stories that make up “Heat Wave” are enough to start a small fire. This is an amazing read and captures the reader from page one and keeps moving until the last page. All three authors are well established writers in the field of romance and bring to the table a well-thought-out plot that is able to captivate their audience. I would recommend this to anyone who loves a good romance with the right amount of steam. This book is sure to satisfy.

In ‘Summer Feve...more
Lady Raven RAVE!
Lady Raven Rave "Romance Novel Junkies"

Donna Hill

This story was ok to me a 3.5 star read. Even though I gave it 3.5 stars I still thought it was cute. Nina a regular school teacher in Brooklyn went to the Hamptons for her summer vacation. The house next to the summer house belonged to Ian, Ian is a successful business man who was immediately attracted to Nadia. In the beginning the little cat and mouse flirting game these two play was cute but got annoying after a while. It's realistic of cour...more
Charity
Reviewed for Nocturnereads.com

3.5 Hoots for Summer Fever. It was a cute story. The characters seemed real and the story progressed at a good pace. The sex scenes were steamy and definitely felt real. The ending…not so much. The last chapter was very rushed and was too short. I would have liked to see more details.

One Hot Summer gets 3 Hoots. The suspense was the best part of the whole story. I had a hard time connecting with the characters. Love and Maleek both come off as spoiled, it’s all abou...more
Kim
3 stars - Summer Fever
This story was ok. You could tell Nina and Ian were in lust with each other but I didnt really feel the passion between them. The love scenes were just so so, and the ending was just so sudden. Ian comes to his senses 5weeks after they departed each other, proclaims his love and Nina reciprocates with no mention of love b4 the last page and a half of the book. This was probably the weakest story of the three, I am guessing this is why it was first.

5 stars - One Hot Summer
I...more
African Americans on the Move Book Club
In 1963 when Martha and the Vandellas were crooning that love is like a heat wave, no one knew they were paving a way for the 2011 rendition of a new threesome to be reckoned with. Donna Hill, Niobia Bryant and Zuri Day have penned the novel Heat Wave, and it is definitely sizzling, to say the least. Like a soft, smoky voice over some smooth, sultry jazz, Heat Wave stirs up plenty of passion.

Donna Hill begins with “Summer Fever,” which is the story of Nina Forbes and Ian Harrison and the weeks t...more
Angela
These three stories are steamy. These are great beach reads, especially if you like trashy but well written quick reads. Wish I had a beach and a good drink when I read them.
Antoinette the Book Junkie
Summer Sizzle. Hot Like Fire. Three authors bring to the pages the summer heat that provides a tantalizing night of passion.

Summer Fever (Hill)- Nina Forbes gets her summer heated with a house sitting job that leads to uber sexy Ian Harrison. This summer fever will last her a life time.

One Hot Summer (Bryant)- Simone "Love" Lovey has been destroyed by love in the spot light. Never again this brave women picks up her life and moves on, but then sexy star athlete Maleek Trenton enters her life.

To...more
Msfontan
Summer Heat by Donna Hill was a hot and sexy read. Loved it!
Angela
3 stories all with a lot of heat.
Crystal
very good book. loved that there was more than one story
Odessa Nance
The book was interesting and some authors stories were better than others.
Brandi
Three of the best in Af-Am romance together makes for an awesome read. All you would expect and more from Adrianne Byrd, Niobia Bryant and Zuri Day. These are women whose books I buy just because and I am never disappointed.
Earniece
great stories, they give you just enough storyline so you don't feel like you were short changed. great characters and interesting situations
Fatmata Sankoh
This is the only book by this author that I didn't give a 5 star to. I just didn't connect with it.
Phano
Short stories by Donna Hill, Niobia Bryant, Zuri Day - very good reading and sexy
Shone
Nov 02, 2011 Shone rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All romance junkies
Shelves: novella
Three very hot summer stories each with passion and each a page turner with in it self.
Courtney Sheets
I enjoyed Too Hot To Handle but the other stories were kind of dull
Zaneta
All three stories had me feeling the heat wave! Love it!!!!
Shantel
Three great stories from three great writers.
Karla
4 stars for all 3 stories
Carol
Carol is currently reading it
Oct 21, 2014
Ang
Ang marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Judy A
Judy A marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Me'Tova Hollingsworth
Me'Tova Hollingsworth marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Quincess Culberson
Quincess Culberson marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
  • King's Passion
  • The Hot Spot
  • A Seductive Kiss
  • Secret Love
  • Romancing the M.D. (Hopewell General)
  • Once Upon a Holiday: Holiday Heat\Candy Christmas\Chocolate Truffles