Start by marking “A Dash Of Scandal” as Want to Read:
A Dash Of Scandal

A Dash Of Scandal (Terrible Threesome #1)

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  204 ratings  ·  30 reviews

Is she stealing . . .
Or just hiding in dark corners . . .
The Earl of Dunraven is obsessed with catching the thief who stole a priceless heirloom from him. When he keeps running into London newcomer Millicent Blair in places she shouldn't be, his suspicions aren't the only thing aroused . . .
Published October 4th 2011 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about A Dash Of Scandal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Dash Of Scandal

Linda Banche
Not only scandal, but love, laughter, secrets and mystery abound in Amelia Grey's latest delightful Regency historical, A DASH OF SCANDAL.

A mysterious thief has invaded the ton, stealing priceless objects d'art, including a gold raven sculpture from the Earl of Dunraven. Then the earl meets Miss Millicent Blair, who always takes notes at parties and secretes herself in dark corners. Could this charming young lady possibly be the thief? Not helping Dunraven's quest to retrieve his property are th
This was so adorably cute and unpredictable. Our characters lead us on a merry chase as they not only try to get to know each other or not to but also try to find out who in all of London is a thief that steals right under their preferable noses.

Millicent has arrived from the country to aid her ailing Aunt with a most secret mission. Auntie tells her she is not to bring notice to herself but to mingle with the ton during their every evening parties gathering every juicy bit of gossip that's to b
3.5 stars!
Oh ya, this is a sweet story!
Millicent Blair tidak memiliki niat untuk mendapatkan kehidupan seperti Ibunya-walau berakhir bahagia dengan harga yang berat sebelumnya. Namun ia tidak dapat menolak pesona buaya darat, Chandler, Lord Duraven. Millicent sudah berusaha keras untuk menjaga jarak dengan Lord itu, dan mengingat apa yang dilakukan oleh dirinya karena harus membantu Bibinya di London, Millicent percaya bahwa ia bukanlah tipe wanita yang hendak dinikahi oleh Chandler. Sean
Very Little Substance

Chandler, the Earl of Dunraven, is obsessed with finding the thief that stole a priceless heirloom from his home during a dinner party. He scans everyone at every party thereafter, determined to bring the thief to justice. His watchful eye brings to his attention a lovely young lady, Millicent Blair, who is new to the ton. Her suspicious actions makes Chandler wonder if she might have some of the answers he seeks.

This book starts out with the beginning of an excellent myster
Blodeuedd Finland
Delightful and charming, those are the words to describe this book. It was just so sweet and wonderful. I had a grin on my face while reading and I just could not read fast enough. At the end I truly feared for them, even though I know that of course there would be a HEA.

Millicent, our lovely heroine comes to London to help her aunt, who writes a gossip column in secret. But she needs Millie's help and so Millie gets her season but tries to stay under the radar. But what would the book be if she
Perdani Budiarti
Di bagian awal buku ini aku tertarik dengan ide penyamaran Milly yang menggantikan bibinya untuk memata-matai setiap pesta dansa di London. Bibi Milly tersebut diam-diam adalah penulis kolom gosip yang paling dinanti dan menjadi topik hangat sosialita London. Sebagai seorang keponakan dari desa, Milly tinggal di rumah bibinya dan diperkenalkan ke pesta dansa oleh sahabat bibi yang tentu saja sekaligus menjadi pendampingnya selama mengorek gosip dari sekitarnya.

Walaupun sebenarnya Milly enggan me
A Dash of Scandal by Amelia Grey
Grade: C

“Can a startle be good?’ she asked.
“How so?”
“I’ll show you sometime, but in order for it to work you can’t have a guilty conscience.”

Millicent Blair never thought she would have a season in high English society, The Ton, after twenty years earlier her mother was driven from London by scandal and never returned. An unfortunate accident involving her dear aunt, her aunt’s dog and a flight of stairs make it impossible for her aunt to go to society parti
A DASH OF SCANDAL by Amelia Grey is a historical romance set in Regency England.It is the story of the dashing,handsome,sexy,Chandler, Earl of Dunraven and Millicent,a gently bred lady who is in London to help her aunt,who writes a gossip column for Society's Daily Column as Lord Truefitt.It has witty dialogue,with mystery,a clever scheme,vivid characters,sensual tension,romance,thief,and a spice of love. This is an engaging story full of charm,set at a lively pace that is sure to appeal to any ...more
Regina Mastrogiacomo
Characters are engaging the plot is delicious and the ending is perfect. The characters are bold, smart and sweet without being annoying. I love that the female character owns up to being attractive to the male character without being melodramatic. I like that the male character keeps his interest to himself and doesn't exploit her and I like that he truly likes the female character and really wants to know all about her.
I also enjoy the small investigative work that the characters have to solve
2.5 stars. I liked this book for some fun entertainment, but the characters weren't as vivid as I would have liked.
Rike febri Susianda
Skip skip skip skip
Abis baca langsung ilang dimemori
Ra membekas blas
Not my fav author
I thought this book was humorous and well paced.
Pleasant but sadly forgettable.
Molto carino anche se poco realistico, l'ideale per passare qualche ora piacevole sotto l'ombrellone.
Przyznam szczerze że książka mnie pozytywnie zaskoczyła i zaciekawiła. Nie sięgam często po akurat ten rodzaj książek ale trafiła się więc przeczytałam. Fajnie napisana, przyczepi się można, trochę oklepany temat - Dobra dziewczyna zakochuje się w tym najgorszym i mimo równie oklepanych przeciwności losu żyjemy razem i jesteśmy szczęśliwi - classic happy end - Jednak książka do poczytania i oderwania się od szarej codzienności. Polecam :)
An okay book (not well-edited which was very distracting) about a girl who starts the story substituting as a gossip columnist for her aunt who tripped over a dog.
The hero is okay too I guess, rogue who's slept with countless women but changes his reckless ways for an intriguing innocent.
I liked this romance with a twist of mystery. My favorite parts were the humorous and intelligent exchanges. My only complaint was something Millicent asked Chandler at the end of the book. I didn't find that to be believable, but other than that I enjoyed the book thoroughly.
Sep 04, 2007 yoli rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: period romance junkies
Gossip columnist, definitely an interesting premise. But the rest of it is exactly as we expected, for the followers of this genre. The usual Regency romance.
I received this book in a give away. Didn't know what to expect because this book is not my usual type of read, but I really enjoyed it.
Loved the funny & sweet romance between Millicent (ok her name does suck) and Chandler! Many endearing scenes with swoon-worthy dialogues.
My compete review can be found on my blog.
Another run of the mill Regency romance. I got through this but frankly I was bored! Someone else might enjoy this though.
The story was wonderful! The 2 main characters were very easy to love. I would most def read this book!
Titis Wardhana
Perangkat minum teh perak bisa disembunyiin di dalem rok? Wew.... gimana jalannya ya... ck ck ck..
Only skimmed it. Boring; failed to draw me in.
Karen Darling
Jun 03, 2015 Karen Darling rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No
Didn't finish it.
Light and fun with a bit of mystery. A perfect Regency story.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 11, 2015 01:17PM
  • The Wedding Affair
  • Fires of Winter (Tales of Jernaeve, #2)
  • Catriona
  • A Perfect Scandal (Scandal, #2)
  • True Highland Spirit (Highlander #3)
  • A Winter Scandal (St. Dwynwen, #1)
  • Never Been Bit (Regency Vampyre Trilogy, #3)
  • Smuggler's Lady
  • Treasure Me (The Legend Hunters, #3)
  • My Wicked Little Lies (Sinful Family Secrets, #3)
  • Just Say Yes
  • The Virtuoso (Duke's Obsession, #3) (Windham, #3)
  • A Touch of Scandal (James Family, #2)
  • The Rogue Pirate's Bride (The Sons of the Revolution, #3)
  • A Matter of Temptation (Lost Lords, #2)
  • Highland Heat (Highlander, #3)
  • Lord of the Black Isle (Black Douglas #3)
  • Bride for a Night
Amelia Grey (aka Gloria Dale Skinner) grew up in a small town in the Florida Panhandle. She has been happily married to her high school sweetheart for over twenty-five years. She has lived in Alabama, Connecticut, New Hampshire and now lives in Florida.

Amelia has won the coveted Romantic Times award for Love and Laughter, the prestigious Maggie award for best historical and Affaire de Coeur's bes
More about Amelia Grey...

Terrible Threesome (3 books)
  • A Hint of Seduction
  • A Taste of Temptation
Never a Bride A Duke to Die For (The Rogues' Dynasty #1) A Gentleman Says "I Do" (The Rogues' Dynasty, #5) The Duke in My Bed (The Heirs' Club of Scoundrels Trilogy, #1) A Gentleman Never Tells (The Rogues' Dynasty #4)