Start by marking “Landfall” as Want to Read:
Landfall

Landfall (Waiting For You To Fall #3)

3.21 of 5 stars 3.21  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  13 reviews
ER nurse and hospice worker Jared White is caught up in more than just high winds when a hurricane traps him with Deputy Fire Chief Mike Brown. The handsome firefighter has had Jared drooling every time he visits the ER, but as far as Jared knows, Mike is straight – until a downed bridge strands them alone in an empty firehouse. Will their passionate encounter outlast the ...more
Published July 13th 2011 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Landfall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Landfall

Tam
Aug 20, 2011 Tam rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
A huge star of this sexy short is the storm itself bearing down on the men as they struggle to do what emergency and health care workers do during such events, put other’s safety over their own. Jared is called out to help an elderly hospice patient, and must be carried to her home on the island by the fire truck. He’s been crushing on Deputy Chief Mike for a long while, but assumes he’s straight. He finishes up his task and due to another emergency, it’s determined that Mike will drive him back ...more
Ami
I love how the description of the hurricane is so vivid. I can imagine Jared and Mike, while they're trying to get away from the hurricane, to drive to the station. It's a great picture in my head. I also love Jared's job as a hospice worker; his passion for his job is so palpable. There's that misunderstanding in the end, which makes up for the "conflict" in this short story, which then leads to a hopeful future. It's a nice read, definitely.
Chris
Very good short m/m romance about a hospice nurse who rides with some firefighters (including the one he's been crushing on) during a hurricane so he can reach an at-home patient.
Cryselle
Severe weather makes a sexy backdrop, as long as you're inside watching the elements rage on the other side of a window. Landfall, by Lori Toland, lets a nurse and a fire chief have their moments. It's in the middle of a hurricane, so the moments should be awfully good.

The story unfortunately requires severe suspension of disbelief, and I was tired of the logical inconsistencies by page eight. The island is being buffeted by ninety mile an hour winds, the roads are closed to all but emergency ve
Kele Moon
I love, love, love this book. . . A sexy deputy fire chief and a wonderful, kind heart hospice nurse who braves the storm to help his patient and then gets trapped with his knight in shinning armor (see sexy fire chief reference above) while trying to make his way back to safety . . . DUDE! What's not to love!!

The sex scenes that unfold when the two heros end up trapped together in the firehouse are HOT!!

Plus, having braved a few hurricanes .. . I love the descriptions in this. It makes the co
Crystal's Many Reviewers
I’ve been a fan of Ms. Toland’s books since I read the first one almost 2 years ago. When I found this one on Amazon, I couldn’t click it quick enough, and I started reading it when it finished loading!

While this isn’t like the other books by Ms. Toland, mainly because it is a bit shorter than her other books, I still enjoyed it quite a bit. I thought that even though it was short, it was still action packed, and I was left with a few “wtf” moments that made me want to read further into the stor
Veronica /  V
Too short, but I still loved it.
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Two hot guys, a disaster and lots of steam. Sound like a book you’d be interested in? Then grab Landfall by Lori Toland. I’m so glad I got to read this book.

Ms. Toland nabbed me from page one. I had to know what would happen next and got conpletely engrossed in these two men. The book might be short and have sweet parts, but let me tell you, there’s plenty of steam in those few pages, too. The writing flowed well and I couldn’t put th
Serena Yates
Hurricanes are no a joking mater, and the danger they put people in can bring about situations where "normal" behavior is suspended for a little while. When the storm in this story hits, Jared and Mike are suddenly isolated and ready to explore a mutual attraction neither of them wants to admit even exists.

Jared is a hospice nurse and needs transportation to and from a patient who as decided not to evacuate. He has been crushing on Mike forever, and when they find themselves isolated, he takes
Liz (Bugetta)
Rachel
Would have loved this to be a longer novel. Think there was a lot more that could be done with these two guys!!
A sexy read no the less!!
Lucy
Lori Toland
Feb 22, 2015 Lori Toland added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Coming March 1st!
Deryncarm1970
Deryncarm1970 marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Charley
Charley marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Kelly
Kelly is currently reading it
Mar 05, 2015
Anthony Powers
Anthony Powers is currently reading it
Mar 02, 2015
Justin
Justin added it
Mar 01, 2015
Paul Wright
Paul Wright marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Maree
Maree marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Driima
Driima marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Zane Kage
Zane Kage marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Sara Ensley
Sara Ensley marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
3320807
CEO by day, erotic romance writer by night, Lori Toland somehow finds time to play video games and watch movies while taking care of her cats and husband. I'm also a secret cat.

Visit Lori's web site at http://www.loritoland.com or e-mail her at lori@loritoland.com.
More about Lori Toland...

Waiting For You To Fall (3 books)
  • The Furry Matchmaker  (Waiting For You To Fall #1)
  • Perform For Me (Waiting For You To Fall #2)
The Replacement Guitarist (The Replacement Guitarist, #1) Trust In Me The Long Con (Dangerous Affairs, #1) Dangerous Submission (Dangerous Affairs, #2) Home for the Holidays (The Replacement Guitarist, #2)