Start by marking “The New Relationship Marketing: How to Build a Large, Loyal, Profitable Network Using the Social Web” as Want to Read:

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  102 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
A top social media guru shares the secrets to expanding your business through relationshipsPeople have always done business with people they know, like, and trust. That's the essence of "relationship marketing." Today, the popularity of online social networking has caused a paradigm shift in relationship marketing. This book helps businesspeople and marketers master this c ...more
Published October 25th 2011 by John Wiley & Sons (first published September 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The New Relationship Marketing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New Relationship Marketing

Unleash the Power of Social Media Marketing by Joe Praveen SequeiraHow to Get 15,000 Twitter Followers Every Month by Owen  JonesContent Rules by Ann HandleyGroundswell by Charlene LiSocial Media for the Executive by Brian E. Boyd Sr.
Top Social Media Marketing Books
20th out of 81 books — 101 voters
I Am Malala by Malala YousafzaiDouble Double by Cameron HeroldLove at First Click by Laurie  DavisAt Your Service by Frank EliasonZombie Loyalists by Peter Shankman
Inbound 2015
50th out of 59 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

pianogal
Dec 30, 2015 pianogal rated it liked it
I like Mari Smith as a person. I've seen her speak and she was nice. I also think she's smart and hard-working. That said - I don't like her message. It just doesn't work for me. As much as she says you have to have balance, I feel like she still wants me to be online marketing more than I'm willing. All this stuff seems like a big rabbit hole to me and I don't want to end up being someone who always has to compulsively check their phone or can't unplug for a minute or they MIGHT MISS SOMETHING! ...more
Janette Fuller
Oct 25, 2011 Janette Fuller rated it it was amazing
Shelves: social-media
Mari Smith has been called the "Pied Piper of the Internet World." She calls herself a "Relationship Marketing Specialist." Ms. Smith understands the changes that social media has created in the marketing world. She is an excellent teacher and is committed to sharing the information that she has learned during her successful relationship marketing career.

"We're being called to higher standards of authenticity, integrity, and transparency, and we are compelled to truly care about the world and a
Lucy
Jan 22, 2012 Lucy rated it it was amazing
Last May a local entrepreneur approached me with the notion of setting up our own Social Media company. Garry had seen the results of his use of Social Media so clearly with his Opticians that he wanted to share his knowledge with his friends and fellow businesses in the area. He had the foresight to know that he needed to surround himself with people who could implement the knowledge he had garnered, so me being a web designer and Michael who later joined us, being a marketing guy we set up Lov ...more
Ryan Manganiello
Nov 27, 2011 Ryan Manganiello rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book!!! It's very reader friendly, so the time and pages just flew by. I especially appreciated the fact that the author explains to the readers why they shouldn’t use abbreviations or acronyms, and gives a brief and solid explanation as to why they shouldn’t.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who might be searching for the perfect social media etiquette guide, because the author of this book from what I can gather has an unmatched moral compass when it pertains
Christine
Jan 21, 2015 Christine rated it really liked it
Good resources and examples. I wonder how long this will be useful as a reference book in today's ever-changing online world?
speciallyi
Jul 18, 2014 speciallyi rated it really liked it
Brilliant. Useful & enjoyable! I'm sold.
Stanley Lee
Apr 13, 2015 Stanley Lee rated it liked it
Decent if you're a social media beginner.
Drucilla
May 21, 2012 Drucilla rated it it was ok
Shelves: s
I would say that this book isn't for social media newbies. Smith's information can be overwhelming. There was some really useful information, but, unfortunately, it was buried among some really useless information. Smith's tone throughout was also annoying. She was always promoting herself and her website.
Amanda Webb
Dec 01, 2011 Amanda Webb rated it liked it
I reviewed this on my blog! http://bit.ly/rJAs5g Way too lazy to do it again!

However it's a good read for social media newbies or those struggling with it for business. I'd personally ignore all the non soical media related stuff in it though.
Sandra McLeod
Jan 09, 2012 Sandra McLeod rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite books on marketing because it keeps the emphasis where it should be--on developing meaningful relationships. It's all about authenticity and reciprocity and I couldn't agree more. Highly Recommended!
Anthony
May 28, 2012 Anthony rated it it was amazing
I was totally immersed with this book when come to social media marketing. Understanding Mari story. I re read this book 3 times and took lots of notes as well.
Michael
May 11, 2012 Michael rated it did not like it
There are some gems to be collected but it's all buried under tons of coal and self-promotional babble.
B
Jul 02, 2012 B added it
(skimmed)
Aapurti
Aapurti marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Charushila
Charushila marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Zachary
Zachary marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Brooke Allen
Brooke Allen marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Mohamd Dark
Mohamd Dark marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Andrea Dean
Andrea Dean rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2016
Mani Kumar
Mani Kumar marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Cindy Fox
Cindy Fox marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Tahlia Asinate
Tahlia Asinate marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Susan Stewart
Susan Stewart rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2016
Joumana
Joumana marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
MURTAZA HAKIMJI
MURTAZA HAKIMJI marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Karen Baker
Karen Baker marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
Susan Evans
Susan Evans rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2016
US_Alex
US_Alex marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2016
Amhirceaga
Amhirceaga marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Social Media ROI: Managing and Measuring Social Media Efforts in Your Organization
  • Social Media 101: Tactics and Tips to Develop Your Business Online
  • Return On Influence: The Revolutionary Power of Klout, Social Scoring, and Influence Marketing
  • Facebook Marketing: An Hour a Day
  • The Zen of Social Media Marketing: An Easier Way to Build Credibility, Generate Buzz, and Increase Revenue
  • Engage: The Complete Guide for Brands and Businesses to Build, Cultivate, and Measure Success in the New Web
  • Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, eBooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business
  • Likeable Social Media: How to Delight Your Customers, Create an Irresistible Brand, and Be Generally Amazing on Facebook (and Other Social Networks)
  • The Social Media Bible: Tactics, Tools, and Strategies for Business Success
  • The Now Revolution: 7 Shifts to Make Your Business Faster, Smarter, and More Social
  • No Bullshit Social Media: The All-Business, No-Hype Guide to Social Media Marketing
  • Social Media Marketing: An Hour a Day
  • Renegades Write the Rules: How the Digital Royalty Use Social Media to Innovate
  • The Book of Business Awesome: How Engaging Your Customers and Employees Can Make Your Business Thrive
  • Launch: How to Quickly Propel Your Business Beyond the Competition
  • Inbound Marketing: Get Found Using Google, Social Media, and Blogs
  • What the Plus! Google+ for the Rest of Us
  • Six Pixels of Separation: Everyone Is Connected. Connect Your Business to Everyone.