Storm Born, #3 (Dark Swan Comic)

Storm Born, #3 (Dark Swan Comic #3)

4.52 of 5 stars 4.52  ·  rating details  ·  196 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Eugenie Markham is a freelance shaman, guarding our world from the invasion of Otherworldly creatures. Eugenie has decided to cross into the Otherworld alone to rescue Jasmine a girl no else will. Entering one of the most dangerous dimensions alone isn't easy or safe but no one ever said being a hero was. Unfortunately for Eugenie, she will come face to face with her past...more
32 pages
Published June 2011 by Sea Lion Books

To ask other readers questions about Storm Born, #3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Storm Born, #3

Barks & Bites
Issue 3 of Dark Swan, Storm Born finds Eugenie making preparations to travel over into Otherworld to rescue a young human girl kidnapped by Aeson, one of several evil King’s that rule the Gentry (fae folk).

Otherworld is a dangerous place and Eugenie wisely decides to bring along some backup in the form of her minions; Volusian, Nandi and Finn. Again there is eye catching artwork and sarcastic humor, especially when Eugenie interacts with Volusian an enslaved damned soul who wants her dead but i...more
Sharon

I love this graphic novel because it is funny, sexy and action-packed. In my reviews of Issue #1 & #2 I mentioned all the smexy men, and guess what? We meet yet another one! He is one of the Gentry, did I mention my weakness for Fae? . And as always the artwork colors pop and the facial expressions and body language speak volumes.

Incentive cover
This issue picks up where the last one left off, instead of going into a flashback or skipping forward. Eugen...more
Jowanna
The comics keep getting better. In this one you get to meet Valusion, Nandi and Finn. These are Eugenies "helpers". Finn is not what I imagined but the other 2 are dead on. You also get to cross over and the other world comes alive. You get to meet King Dorian which is my ABSOLUTE favorite character. I have been smitten with him from the get go and was so delighted to see him brought to life. I can't wait for Comic #4. Even though I know what is going to happen next these are truly enjoyable.
Larissa
Previously Published on my blog: Welcome to Larissa's Bookish Life

*NO Spoilers

As I said on my review of the Storm Born Comics, Volume 1 and 2, I am a HUGE Richelle Mead fan and her Dark Swan series is one of my favorite Urban Fantasy series EVER! THey were actually one of the first I have ever read and they have stuck with me ‘til this day. I was thoroughly impressed with Volume 1 and 2, that when I got a chance to read Volume 3, I was like “HELL YES!” LOL

First of all I have to say that it is ve...more
Cassie
Even if you are not a fan of Mead’s books you will enjoy this paranormal romance brought to life before your eyes!

My Take on the Story: (Backup Story) Eugenie is a strong shaman and when she is on a job, the spirit seems to know who she is….her real name, and even tries to get in her pants (that had never happened before).

Eug is offered a job to save Jasmine, a teenage girl who was kidnapped by Gentry (Fairies) more specifically, Aeson, King of the Alder Land. But the job requires Eugenie to cro...more
Emma (BelleBooks)
A massive thank you to Sea Lion books for sending me this to review, I was getting a bit nervous as I had heard there was a bit of a hold up with this issue!

The story starts off right where we left it in issue two, Euegnie has decided to cross over to the Otherworld in order to find and rescue the teenager Jasmine who was kidnapped by Aeson (some of us who have read the books know who she really is).

While in the Otherworld Eugenie gets help from King Dorian to reach Aeson's castle and rescue Jas...more
RXD_VA
Amy
Eugenie is waist deep in the Gentry world now. She decided to go through with it, and is now on her way to save the child. She runs into gorgeous, tempting Gentry, has her life threatened, and had one of her accomplices almost killed. Nice way to start the issue, huh?

Her companions are super cool, and very different. I don't know much about the series except for what I have been reading in these graphic novels, but I will say, the visualizations being provided for the characters are rich, captiv...more
Michelle (Much Loved Books)
This is the first comic book I have received for review and I want to thank Sea Lion Books for giving me the opportunity to do so. I haven't read the previous comics in the series but I have read the books so I have background knowledge about what Storm Born Comic (Volume 3) is about.

I love Richelle Mead's writing and have read all of her Dark Swan Books and own all of her Vampire Academy books so when I got the chance to review Storm Born Comic (Volume 3) I jumped at the chance, not only would...more
Katie
Thank you Sea Lion Books for supplying another great Graphic Novel.

Volume 3 in the series & I'm hooked.

Eugenie has gotten herself in trouble again. She has started her journey to rescue the sister. Her servants are on hand to help & guide her through the otherworld, but it is all on Eugenie.

Safely across into the otherworld, they start their search. Not far in, they are ambushed & taken to King Dorian. Everybody knows Eugenie's name & she is starting to get worried what that al...more
Ronda  Tutt
Fun and Exciteing Read!

The Dark Swan, Eugenie Markham better known as Odile in the earth realm takes on the mission to bring back a human girl from the Otherworld that was taken against her will. Odile knows that a Gentry by the name of Aeson (Alder Land King) took the human girl Jasmine but before she goes after him she gathers reinforcements.

With the aid of her gang of spirits Volusian – a damned soul that she enslaved, Nandi a Zulu Women accused of Witchcraft who was cursed from finding rest...more
Pixie
I just want to say thanks so much to Sea Lion Books for sending me along a copy to read and review! I'm absolutely adoring seeing Storm Born as a graphic, as it's also one of my favorite series by Richelle Mead. Being able to see all of the action put into some amazing graphics is WONDERFUL. And they're really gorgeous graphics, too!

Issue #3 starts off immediately where #2 left off, and I was excited getting into it knowing I'd get to see Dorian in this one. Dorian is my favorite character. :P V...more
Cambria
Title: Storm Born Issue #3
Author: Richelle Mead
Publisher: Sea Lion Books
Genre: Fantasy, Paranormal, Adult
Format: Paperback

The cloud of unanswered questions grows bigger in Issue #3 of the Storm Born Series. Eugenie Markham AKA Odile marches her fine redheaded self right into the otherworld, a dangerous place where peeps are up to no good and horny as hell. Something I have yet to discern. What is it that makes these people so ready for the tango? I mean sure, they’re men, but still. And why is i...more
Kim
Recently I had the pleasure of reading the third installment of the Dark Swan comic series by Richelle Mead. For those of you who are following along with my reviews, you know that the series revolves around a woman named Eugenie Markham, who has the supernatural ability to banish spirits known as “the gentry” from attempting to gain entry and harm people in the human world. She is a protector of sorts, and she has honed her skills over the years so that she has become very efficient at banishin...more
Keely
Eugenie, Miss Markham, Odile - whatever you want to call her – finds herself in a whole heap of trouble in this issue. Against her better judgement and the advice of her step-father and ‘minions,’ she travels to the Otherworld – not the brightest idea, but really, what else could she do?

Eugenie discovers she’s a very popular woman in the Otherworld and is *solicited* by every other ’macho’ supernatural she comes across. At least King Dorian was somewhat charming about it, but when she finds hers...more
Claire
Once again we pick up where Storm Born 2 left off Eugenie is summoning her three spirit helpers Volusian an evil spirit who wants to kill Eugenie himself once he is free from her, Nandi a zulu woman killed for being a witch and Finn a pixie creature. Together they enter the Otherworld so that Eugenie can find and rescue the teenage girl that has been kidnapped. We get to meet some of the Fae and see what the Otherworld looks like. Eugenie makes a deal with one of the Fae kings so that she can ge...more
Krystal
The story picks up right where it left off. Eugenie decides to go after Jasmine, who was kidnapped by the evil character Aeson (we don't like him). King Dorian lends a hand to Eugenie's quest, which should prove helpful...but things are never that easy and Eugenie finds herself in the middle of quite a few large problems. Eugenie also has the help of Volusian, Fin, and Wil. Fin only helps because he believes Eugenie to be interesting. Wil is just plain kind and caring. Volusian doesn't have much...more
Katy
Oct 19, 2011 Katy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of urban fantasy
Recommended to Katy by: Sea Lion Books
Shelves: graphic-novel
In this issue of “Storm Born” (#3), Eugenie prepares to cross to the Otherworld in order to save Jasmin from the Gentry. We meet her spirit servants: Volusian, Nandi and Finn. Each reacts to her differently: Volusian hopes to kill her as she bound him against his will; Nandi serves for 3 years in exchange for being crossed over at the end; and Finn (who is is ADORABLE) serves because he finds it amusing. Eugenie hopes to gain the assistance of King Dorian against King Aeson in her quest.

Like the...more
Mary
Synopsis:
Eugenie Markham never asked for any of this. Until now, she's been content with her job as a freelance shaman, battling and banishing Otherworldly creatures. When a prophecy suddenly makes her the Otherworld's most popular bachelorette, Eugenie finds herself fighting off unwanted supernatural suitors, as well as the evils that begin emerging from her past...

My thoughts (Vol. III)
'Storm Born' is a great Urban Fantasy story and the artwork in this graphic novel is excellent!! I'm usually...more
Kelly/yllektra
Nov 21, 2011 Kelly/yllektra rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kelly/yllektra by: Sea Lion Books
Shelves: read-in-november
This third installment to Storm Born was even better than the previous ones.

Eugenie crosses over to the Otherworld, along with her servants. I particularly enjoyed the whole element of servitude with demons and how Eugenie can compel them and bind them to do her bidding. I also like the fact that although they are doomed to obey, they are conscious of being slaves and once free their most likely desire would be to kill her.

The crossover to the Otherworld was done fabulously and I loved loved lo...more
Bmquiram
Richelle Mead’s Storm Born #3
Sometimes people just don’t seem to ever listen to sound advice. Eugenie is faced with the decision to follow her friend’s advice or to do what she knows in her heart she should do.
I never read graphic novels until Sea Lion Books sent me this to review. Thank you Sea Lion for letting me read this and for showing me entirely new genera to explore.
I have mentioned this before in reviews, but I feel it is worth mentioning again. Richelle Mead is a great author. I love...more
Katrina
If your a lover of the Dark Swan series Im sure that these graffic novels will be certainly a treat for you. If you havent read the series, (( the novels )) they are easy to follow, and understand and once again the graphics and illustrations are fantastic !!

The way in which the artist portrays Eguenie from the colours to the expressions was down pact !! Sensationally done !! In book three we meet King Dorian ;) and a few other characters, the story line is fast paced, at only 35 pages long but...more
Stephanie
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

Eugenie is a shaman, and she's been dealing with all sorts of paranormal baddies for most of her life. While on a few routine assignments, she realizes that the beasties seem to have discovered her real name, and that there are a few who seem to want a little more than just a fight...

The third installment in the series was amazing! I loved the introduction of the new characters, and we fin...more
Veronica Morfi
In this issue of Storm Born, after Eugenie decided to visit the Otherworld in full body she gathers all the help she can get. With her three servants by her side, she ventures into the Otherworld. Her plan is to find Dorian, a gentry kind enemy of the one who holds the girl campitve, and ask for his help. While on Dorian's castle she discovers a few things she didn't expect to. Then she starts her mission for the retrieval of the lost girl, but not everything goes as she hoped for.

I am getting r...more
Anna
Eugenie journeys into the Otherworld, to find the missing Jasmine, but she is careful to bring some help with her. The action in Issue #3 is a bit tame compared to the other installments, but still wonderful. Dazzling art with vibrant colors. The Otherworld reveals temptations and secrets from the past for Eugenie. All I say is give me more. I'm loving this graphic novel. I'm hooked on the story. I didn't think I would enjoy it this much. Dark Swan is quickly becoming a must read.
Racquel
Kevin Hellions
Eugenie begins to rally her troops. This issue is where those of us who were not previously familiar with the character have our eyes opened. Never before have I thought a comic was on one specific path only to then realize that there has been another one just underneath and about to intersect this entire time. To quote a great announcer, “business is about to pick up!”

Kevin Hellions

ஐAndreaஐ
I think these get better with ever issue. I loved Dorian, and the comic book brought him to life better then I imagined it could. I love the way that they are able to incorporate so much of the book into a single page. Can't wait for #4!!!
Book Him Danno
I liked this better then number 2, the story really got going and now you wonder what is going to happen to Eugenia. Will she save the girl and get out alive? Who knows but the author I guess I will have to wait for the next Storm Born #4.
Sea Lion Books: Storm Born Issue #3 Out October 12th 3 14 Oct 10, 2011 12:34AM
  • Dreams and Desires
  • Eternal Lover (Hell on Earth, #2.5; Georgina Kincaid, #2.5)
  • Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Guilty Pleasures
  • Spike: The Complete Series
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us #1
  • Pantheons (Pantheons, #1)
  • Mercy Thompson: Moon Called, Volume 2
  • The Twilight Prisoner (Jack Perdu, #2)
  • Crimson Rising (Skyship Academy #2)
  • X-23, Vol. 2: Chaos Theory
  • Seven Point Eight: The First Chronicle (7.8 #1)
  • The Grave Robbers Of Genghis Khan (Children Of The Lamp, #7)
  • Changeling (Dreyfuss Trilogy, #1)
  • Otherworld Primer
  • Living in Darkness (Bloodbreeders, #1)
  • Firefight in Darkness (Dryad Quartet #2)
  • Anon (Anon Duology, #1)
  • Escape from Verona

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away f...more
More about Richelle Mead...
Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)