Start by marking “The Beach Boys On CD: Vol 1 - 1961-1969” as Want to Read:
The Beach Boys On CD: Vol 1 - 1961-1969

The Beach Boys On CD: Vol 1 - 1961-1969

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Between 1961 and 1969 the Beach Boys made nineteen albums, including some of the best music ever recorded – and some not so good.
In this book, Andrew Hickey looks at this music track by track, analysing every song that Brian, Carl, Dennis, Mike, Al, Bruce and David recorded and released during that time period.
From early surf and car classics like 409 to sophisticated mast
Kindle Edition
Published (first published April 21st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Beach Boys On CD, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beach Boys On CD

Paul
AN INDULGENT REVIEW, FOR BEACH BOYS FANS (I'M HOPING I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE)

This is a self-published assessment of everything the Beach Boys issued up to 1969 which gives me the opportunity to present my own self-published assessment of the Beach Boys in this very review, hah.

Andrew Hickey is an amiable fan who has many excellent opinions (I almost always agree with him). This book is no Revolution In the Head, in fact it's about as far from being the Beach Boys' equivalent as a Reaction in the Ar
Jason Dikes
I really like the first phase of the Beach Boys career so an analysis of their work was nice. Sometime too technical.
Stone
Stone marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2013
Andrew Hickey
Aug 07, 2011 Andrew Hickey added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I write. I write two very different types of books, though mostly they're non-fiction. The first type are in-depth musical analyses of pop music. .

The other books I write (like Sci-Ence! Justice Leak!, Four Stories About The Singularity and my upcoming examination of Grant Morrison's Seven Soldiers) are about the playful exploration of ideas. They're often using criticism of comics, books or TV as
More about Andrew Hickey...
Monkee Music The Beatles In Mono An Incomprehensible Condition: An Unofficial Guide To Grant Morrison's Seven Soldiers Sci-Ence! Justice Leak! The Beach Boys On CD Volume 2: 1970 - 1984