Start by marking “Is Everyone Ready for Fun?” as Want to Read:
Is Everyone Ready for Fun?

Is Everyone Ready for Fun?

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  1,429 ratings  ·  176 reviews
Chicken has some unexpected and exuberant cow visitors who have exciting plans for jumping, dancing, and wiggling on his teeny-tiny couch, and Chicken is none too happy about it. That is until the fun concludes with a quiet, cozy and delicious nap for all!
Published September 27th 2011 by Beach Lane Books

To ask other readers questions about Is Everyone Ready for Fun?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Is Everyone Ready for Fun?

Joella www.cinjoella.com
Is Everyone Ready for FUN? Then RUN to the library to check out this book! I can't even explain how AMAZING it is. But then again, if you love Jan Thomas the way that I do...then you won't be surprised!

Three cows decide that they are ready for fun. They head for Chicken's small sofa and start jumping. Chicken does not think this is fun. Chicken does not like how squashed the sofa looks. Chicken tells those cows that they need to not jump anymore. So they decide to do something else on the sofa.
Nicole Harding
This is a GREAT book to use for "getting the wiggles out" when starting a storytime. Before I read the book, I "warn" the kids that this is a book about 3 very naughty cows! I ask if it's ok if I read it. Of course they always giggle and say YES! The cows always ask first, Is everyone ready for some fun? Then they say, "It's time to..." I always stand up while I am saying that line and wave my hands to urge the children to stand up with me. We then jump or dance or wiggle as we mimic the cows. T ...more
June
Apr 22, 2015 June rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fun, humor requests
Recommended to June by: Polly
Looks like it would be a big hit in story time. I just missed it for my chicken one. I'll have to see what I can come up with...
Laurie
Heidi
What adorably drawn cows! I knew I liked cows for a reason. :-) Another fun Jan Thomas book that definitely invites participation--and great participation from the toddler and preschool groups! This is perfect for getting wiggles out or for waking kids up or just for grabbing attention. I would give the cows different voices to add to the humor of the chicken's sofa. Great for a storytime read and a lap-read.

6/30/14 Used in movement storytime. Very good.
Mari
Three large cows, chicken's small sofa, and a lot of silliness. A great title for getting storytime kiddos giggling.
Edward Sullivan
The moral of the story: No cows on the furniture! Should be a fun one for storytimes.
Sara Bland
Chicken's crazy cow friends come over to have some fun, but Chicken just isn't having it! The crazy cows start to jump, dance, and wiggle on Chicken's couch and he just can't stand it. Chicken yells at them telling them to stop, and Cow comes up with one last "great" idea--to nap! The whole group ends up taking a nap on the couch and they are all happy in the end. Each page is filled with really fun illustrations that make the book seem very interactive with the child. I would recommend this boo ...more
Elisabeth
I'm always ready for more fun :)
Shazzer
As posted on Outside of a Dog:

Have I extolled the virtues of Jan Thomas lately? Shame on me if I haven’t. The glorious Ms. Thomas writes the most wonderful read-alouds, right up there with Mo Willems and the good Dr. Seuss himself. Her Rhyming Dust Bunnies is a particular favorite of mine, along with Can You Make a Scary Face?. The wonderful thing about Ms. Thomas’ wonderful books is the interactive element, and her newest, Is Everyone Ready for Fun? is another perfect example of her wonderfulne
Tracey
I read this one in front of a large (32 kids) Kindergarten class and also a large (also 32 kids) 2nd/3rd grade class (but would totally work for toddlers/preschoolers too--you can try having the kids use three fingers to be the cow and their other hand to be chicken's sofa to simulate the actions). They did love this story (though the 2nd/3rd graders wanted to read the text along with me==not a bad thing either). Another instant hit from Mr. Jan Thomas.
Becky
GREAT book for a pre-school or toddler aged story time. Three cows are hanging out on their friend Chicken's very small sofa, and doing silly things like jumping, dancing, and wiggling. Great opportunity to get the kids moving, plus good repetition and rhythm in the words themselves. And a good silly ending always wins with the young kids.
Ann Cox
In Is Everyone Ready for Fun? three fun-loving cows decide to have their entire (and very active) play time on chicken's couch. Chicken is not so amused. I thought this picture book was hilarious and could imagine sharing it during a preschool story time. This would also be a good read-aloud for toddlers to get them laughing and moving.
Romelle
A nice book for preschoolers and kindergarteners. This book gets readers involved with activity they can join in with the cows. It's bold text and illustrations screams fun!

The text is simple that it could be a board book. Perfect for story time.
Stephanie Rudzki
This was a great book to get a crowd of kiddos full of energy! I even got a bit more energetic after reading this one. Great for a preschool or kindergarten classroom setting. Is Everyone Ready For Fun? is the story of three bubbly cows who keep annoying their friend, the chicken. After jumping, dancing and wiggling on chicken's couch, it was then time for a nice nap. The chicken even gets in on that last activity.
Jenny
Oh my gosh. My kids love this. My beginning reader is excited it is easy enough to memorize and figure out pretty much what it says. It would make a fun read aloud for grades K-2 with younger kids getting the most out of it. This is just silly!
Barbara
Why are the cows jumping on chicken's couch? This is a perfect book for an active storytime at the library or home. Giggles and movement will definitely be involved. The surprise ending is sure to please. For children ages 3 and up.
Karen
My five-year-old son picked this book out from the library last week.

The title of this book does not lie -- this book is pure fun. I felt a bit sorry for the chicken, but at least he was able to get a nap by the end of the story.
Amanda Snow
Originally published at www.apatchworkofbooks.com

Poor chicken has some very excited (and slightly hyper) friends visiting, all of whom insist on jumping on his couch! Well, first they jump, then they dance, then they wiggle, etc. Each time Chicken scolds them for messing around on the couch, they happily stop...but begin again with an equally raucous manner of play.

Very silly with bold, fun illustrations and great text. Books by Jan Thomas are awesome to read to a group of 3-4 year olds, as they
Tin Cheung
Yes! If you are ready for fun, then this book has everything you need. Great story with goofy animals and lots of opportunities to get the reader involved with movement.
Angela Chadbourne
Poor chicken is in for a surprise when the cows come over to have some fun. Great short read aloud for preschool and even younger school age children
Ashley Bell
The book, Is Everyone Ready For FUN?, by Jan Thomas, is a cute story about three cows. Its about three cow who keep jumping, dancing, wiggling, and such on the chicken sofa, after each time he tells them to stop. Do for example once he tells them not to jump on his sofa they would start to dance. Until finally they decide to nap on the sofa which the chicken agrees is a good idea.

I gave this book four out of five stars because it was an interesting and funny story that keeps you entertained. the
Esther
We are big fans of Jan Thomas books in our household from my husband, to my 5 year old to myself. She makes all of us laugh & giggle.
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Three cows are ready for some fun on Chicken’s sofa. They are ready to have fun jumping on Chicken’s sofa. Until Chicken intervenes, They are ready to dance on Chicken’s sofa. Until Chicken intervenes. They are ready to wiggle on Chicken’s sofa. Until Chicken intervenes. Finally, they are ready to nap. Napping sounds good to the three cows. And to Chicken.

Another wonderful book of fun and limited vocabulary from Jan Thomas.

“DANCE!
back and forth!

On
Chic
Barbara
Poor Chicken has quite a dilemma when three boisterous cows come to visit. First, they jump on the couch, then they dance, and then they wiggle all over the couch until there's really not a lot of couch left. Chicken is understandably upset, and fusses at them. They decide to settle down on the couch for a nap, with Chicken perched somewhat precariously on top. I love how the story actually begins before the first page of the text. The digital illustrations show the troubled faces of the cows an ...more
Becca Hay
Opposites, verbs, refrain
This books is clever at showing the specificity of language and its usage.
Aprilj328
Cows decide to have fun jumping and dancing on chicken's sofa.
Humor, Setting Boundries
Molly Lamson
Willie loves it very much. He liked the funny cows and the pancake couch ;)
Madison
Try to see if you can get the kids up and moving with this book
Ina
Looking for a fun engaging book to put toddlers in a sily, giggly mood? This book is it. Three cows are ready for fun and find it...on chicken's couch. One cow asks, "Is everyone ready?" at the beginning of each new couch activity and the kids in my audience would yell, "yes!" as they jumped, they danced, they wiggled (giggling the entire time) along with cows. We all agreed that chicken sounded a little like our moms, in trying to protect his couch, and stop the fun. In the end, everyone comes ...more
  • It's a Tiger!
  • I Spy With My Little Eye
  • Dancing Feet!
  • Cat Secrets
  • RRRalph
  • Do You Know Which Ones Will Grow?
  • Ernest, the Moose Who Doesn't Fit
  • New Socks
  • Hooray for Hat!
  • Open Very Carefully: A Book with Bite
  • Chickens to the Rescue
Lives in Socorro, New Mexico.
More about Jan Thomas...
Rhyming Dust Bunnies Can You Make a Scary Face? The Doghouse What Will Fat Cat Sit On? A Birthday for Cow!