The Real Rio D'Aquila

The Real Rio D'Aquila (Orsini Brides #2)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  184 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Italian by birth, this street urchin lived a life of extreme poverty until he escaped to Brazil—where he cast off his roots, took a new name and pulled himself up from the streets.

Now Rio D'Aquila is beyond wealthy, with a reputation for being uncompromising in business...and incomparable in bed! But on meeting vulnerable Isabella Orsini, he feels something deep within him...more
Published November 15th 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Real Rio D'Aquila, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Real Rio D'Aquila

Saly
This was an enjoyable HP and anyone who has read a lot of Marton knows she has a formula but I enjoy that, a hunk hero who falls for a heroine so much so that he can't stop kissing her to shut her up.

Izzy is the youngest Orsini, a landscaper and she shows up a late for an interview with Rio. Izzy isn't a fan of wealthy men and Rio who is pissed off that she's late doesn't correct her about who he is, when she mistakes him for the caretaker, after all she will be gone shortly but as things come t...more
willaful
I thought this might be the book in which Marton's "cynical-detached-tycoon-falls-head-over-heels" formula finally wore thin, but once again she turned it around and made me her bitch. Well, not entirely. The first third of the book had too much bickering and stubborn feistiness from Isabella, and the last third was heavy on character reappearances, this being the final book in a long family series. Marton did get some fun out of that fact, as in this scene:

"Startled, Rafe, Dante, Nick, Falco an...more
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Man, the cover stinks on this book. Good thing I read the description before looking at it!! yikes! Anyway, I really enjoyed this book despite wondering what planet these people were from at times. Ok. She probably wouldn't have researched him because she is an outdoorsy type, but c'mon!

Letting it go. He was a rather drool worthy hero, btw. A good, satisfying read. I kinda wish I had read the rest of the books in the series, but I don't think you really need to do that unless you are like I am n...more
Jacqueline
This book was okay but it was sort of all on the surface. It took place over about 3 days and they were super in love. It was very light and so little happened that it seemed like the actual nuts and bolts of the story could have been told in maybe 30 pages. Just that the day they met took over half the book. Enjoyable but more fluff than normal even for HP.
Nas Dean
THE REAL RIO D’AQUILA by Sandra Marton is a December 2011 release by Harlequin Presents.

Isabella Orsini is looking forward to a job at tycoon Rio D A’Quila’s new country estate as a landscaper. But she was late to the interview due to unforeseen circumstances. Reaching there at last she meets a hunky shirtless man who introduces himself as Matteo Rossi, the caretaker of the estate. And sparks flew!

Rio had waited for Isabella to turn up for the interview and when at last she did come and took hi...more
Dee
This series carries straight on from The Orsini Brothers series and follows their 2 sisters
Aishee
If 'The Ice Prince' was great,'The Real Rio D'Aquila' was amazing/ Thank God! I didn't get dissuaded by my friend's constant warning- "The book is damn boring!"

Well,I found the book lovely, emotional, elusive and charming. The story was so different and it was hard not to fall for the couple.
The heroine- Izzy was kind of dumb at first. C'mon, when you've signed on an important client whom you haven't met, you can at least check the world wide web. Or did Sandra Marton write the novel at a time w...more
Dalimar
Río es un empresario duro y frio,huerfano criado en la enorme pobreza.Donde se dedico a la vida delictiva para poder comer.Se enfrento al mundo solo pero resurgió de sus cenizas como el Ave Fénix y alcanzo un lugar en el mundo.Exitoso,guapo,con dinero y poder las mujeres caen rendidas a sus pies.Pero el no quiere ningún compromiso serio y como todo protagonista Harlequin lo menos que quería era creer en el amor.Claro hasta que llega su damisela en apuros,la guapa Isabella.La menor de la dinastí...more
Farah
This book is my favorite in the Orsini books , The plot was different in a very good way .. Rio or Matteo as I prefer to call him was charming and quite funny especially when Izzy was blabbing on and on about people he has no idea who they were , knowing about his childhood had me falling for him even more , I loved the hero. Isabella was a heroine I absolutely adored .. she's messy in a humorous way , a little sharp tongued and speaks her mind all the time .. I really liked her. Matteo and Iz...more
Noor  El Gendy
the Orisini Brides're the 5th & 6th parts of the Orisini Brothers series .. & Again i really really enjoyed reading it .. but i loved Izzy more than Ana & i don't Know why .. it's just what I felt :) anyway Great work Sandra .. keep it up ... i really love your Novels :)
Tonya Warner
A very nice story.

Rio D'Aquila is the name he earned, but Matteo Rossi was the name he was given. While one had struggled to become the other, his being Matteo was truly at the heart of Rio.

Isabella Orsini might come from a large family, but as the youngest, she had always remained in the back ground, never truly finding herself. Meeting up with Matteo gave her the passion to seize life and go for her heart's dream, but finding out he had lied was almost too blinding to get past.
HÜLYA
Joanne
I just love Sandra Marton's books and have been a fan for years.

Her Orsini brothers and now sisters series is now over (cue - howling).

Her heros are so magnetic and gorgeous and how fabulous to a family of 4 brothers - wow, hot! And because her fans wanted more, she wrote HEA for the 2 sisters.

Loved the series - hope she writes another soon :)

Modesty_b
after reading the back cover,i had different expectations... and it didn't meet them. otherwise it's a decent story.
Diana Tan
Wonderful whirlwind romance with a bit of twist. Love it!
Ladyacct

It was a good book, enjoyable read.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Orsini Brides
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Orsini Brides
Afra
Afra marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Fatima
Fatima marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Hetal
Hetal added it
Sep 05, 2014
Bukola
Bukola marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Craving the Forbidden (The Fitzroy Legacy #1)
  • His Majesty's Mistake
  • Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation
  • Deserving of His Diamonds?
  • The Lone Wolfe (Bad Blood, #8)
  • Defying the Prince
  • The Return of the Renegade (The Scandalous St. Claires #1)
  • The Fearless Maverick (Bad Blood, #4)
  • Once Touched, Never Forgotten (Harlequin Presents #3034)
  • The Power of Vasilii
  • The Petrov Proposal
  • Strangers in the Desert (The Al Dhakir Brothers #1)
  • The Good, the Bad and the Wild (Brothers & Sisters, #3)
  • Forgotten Daughter (Bad Blood, #7)
I live in a small town in Connecticut with my husband. I was 15, he was 18 when we met! Our house is bright and sun-filled, with deep woods behind us that are home to native wildlife from deer to fishers to coyotes. Wild turkeys plod through our yard; hawks fly overhead.

I've been a writer, one way or another, all my life. Before I could read, I made up poems and my mom wrote them down for me. In e...more
More about Sandra Marton...
Until You Emily: Sex & Sensibility (The Wilde Sisters, #1) Raffaele: Taming His Tempestuous Virgin (Orisini Brothers, #1) Billionaire Prince, Pregnant Mistress (The Royal House of Karedes #1) Not For Sale