Start by marking “What Would Erma Do? Confessions of a First-Time Humor Columnist” as Want to Read:
What Would Erma Do? Confessions of a First-Time Humor Columnist

What Would Erma Do? Confessions of a First-Time Humor Columnist

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  9 reviews
When you schedule home repairs, does your service man arrive promptly? Do your children like to clean their rooms? Does your spouse brag about your chicken cordon bleu?
If you answered "yes" to all of these questions, perhaps this isn't the book for you. If, on the other hand, you can't get a repairman to show up on time, which is okay because you need to shovel a path thro
Published January 31st 2011 by Gayle Carline, via Smashwords (first published December 18th 2010)

Be the first to ask a question about What Would Erma Do? Confessions of a First-Time Humor Columnist

Gayle
Dec 19, 2010 Gayle rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I laughed out loud when I read this book - oh, wait, I'm the author. Well, I laughed out loud while I was writing it, although I wasn't always laughing when the events I wrote about were happening!
Cheryl
Mar 08, 2011 Cheryl rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Cheryl by: First Reads
A cute collection of the best of Ms. Carline's weekly column combined with the background story (as she remembers it!). The story of Marcus and only one pair of underwear was priceless! Oh, why did she even ask?? There are some things a mom just doesn't want to know!!

Personal favorites: Adventures with SlugBoy; Stupidity for Dummies! and Canine Leakage.

Her rendition of Jingle Bells also begged to be sung aloud.

Oh, and your friend from the grocery store...she moved here. I met her while in line
Alison
Yay!! Thank you GoodReads for this book. I'm really excited to get it.

I received my book very quickly and read it just as quickly. I enjoy these types of books, a slice of life thing. This is a fun read and I'm now following Gayle's blog.

Plus, I was pleasantly surprised to find my book autographed. I don't remember if the giveaway said it would be but I love getting them signed. :-)
Hope
Gayle has a saucy sense of humor like Erma Bombeck and makes me laugh out loud at several of her columns. I won this copy through the giveaways program. I plan to pass this one around among my friends - especially those who have a similar way with words!
Linda
I laughed so many times reading this book - it was a great view of life. I could relate to so many of the incidents that were described, they could happen, or do happen, to anyone.
Sue-Ellen
Loved her writings! Hope she puts out another book soon.
Kim
When it comes to humor, I'm a hard sell. I live with 2 people who believe they are comedians (my husband and my 12 year old son). I am constantly told so many jokes and quips throughout a day - I tend to stop taking them seriously at all (sorry guys!). I'd hate to know how many eye rolls I produce in a single 24 hour period. Hey...I've come a long way. I used to be so up tight I couldn't watch a Lucy rerun because her antics made me sad for her! How I ended up with my slapstick hubby...who knows ...more
Lisa
Gayle Carline shares columns from her first two years with the paper and offers commentary in between some of them. Although it was a nice read, it was simply that and no more. I think I chuckled twice. I did not like that her original column titles were changed by the editor. I did appreciate her obvious love for family and animals, however. Keeping with MY rating system rather than GR's, I'd give this 2 1/2 stars.
Kathryn
very funny to read. found bits to read to my hubby, and laughed out loud several times, had to quit reading at bedtime, as the laughing was keeping my hubby awake. :)
Tori
Tori marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Heather Bishop
Heather Bishop marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Andrea Glassman
Andrea Glassman marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Dennise
Dennise marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Karla
Karla marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Beverley Bellard
Beverley Bellard marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Gail Grundy
Gail Grundy marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
April
April marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Didn't win a copy? 1 5 Mar 17, 2011 11:07PM
Freezer Burn (A Peri Minneopa Mystery, #1) Hit or Missus (Peri Minneopa Mystery, #2) The Hot Mess  (Peri Minneopa Mystery, #3) Are You There Erma? It's Me Gayle Clean Sweep (Peri Minneopa Mystery, short story)