Start by marking “What Would Erma Do? Confessions of a First-Time Humor Columnist” as Want to Read:
What Would Erma Do? Confessions of a First-Time Humor Columnist

What Would Erma Do? Confessions of a First-Time Humor Columnist

3.55  ·  Rating Details  ·  53 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
When you schedule home repairs, does your service man arrive promptly? Do your children like to clean their rooms? Does your spouse brag about your chicken cordon bleu?
If you answered "yes" to all of these questions, perhaps this isn't the book for you. If, on the other hand, you can't get a repairman to show up on time, which is okay because you need to shovel a path thro
Nook, 0 pages
Published January 31st 2011 by Gayle Carline, via Smashwords (first published December 18th 2010)

Be the first to ask a question about What Would Erma Do? Confessions of a First-Time Humor Columnist

Gayle
Dec 19, 2010 Gayle rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I laughed out loud when I read this book - oh, wait, I'm the author. Well, I laughed out loud while I was writing it, although I wasn't always laughing when the events I wrote about were happening!
Cheryl
Mar 08, 2011 Cheryl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Cheryl by: First Reads
A cute collection of the best of Ms. Carline's weekly column combined with the background story (as she remembers it!). The story of Marcus and only one pair of underwear was priceless! Oh, why did she even ask?? There are some things a mom just doesn't want to know!!

Personal favorites: Adventures with SlugBoy; Stupidity for Dummies! and Canine Leakage.

Her rendition of Jingle Bells also begged to be sung aloud.

Oh, and your friend from the grocery store...she moved here. I met her while in line
Alison
Yay!! Thank you GoodReads for this book. I'm really excited to get it.

I received my book very quickly and read it just as quickly. I enjoy these types of books, a slice of life thing. This is a fun read and I'm now following Gayle's blog.

Plus, I was pleasantly surprised to find my book autographed. I don't remember if the giveaway said it would be but I love getting them signed. :-)
Hope
Feb 12, 2016 Hope rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, fiction, owned
Gayle has a saucy sense of humor like Erma Bombeck and makes me laugh out loud at several of her columns. I won this copy through the giveaways program. I plan to pass this one around among my friends - especially those who have a similar way with words!
Linda
Aug 07, 2011 Linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I laughed so many times reading this book - it was a great view of life. I could relate to so many of the incidents that were described, they could happen, or do happen, to anyone.
Sue-Ellen
Jun 27, 2011 Sue-Ellen rated it really liked it
Loved her writings! Hope she puts out another book soon.
Kim
May 23, 2012 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When it comes to humor, I'm a hard sell. I live with 2 people who believe they are comedians (my husband and my 12 year old son). I am constantly told so many jokes and quips throughout a day - I tend to stop taking them seriously at all (sorry guys!). I'd hate to know how many eye rolls I produce in a single 24 hour period. Hey...I've come a long way. I used to be so up tight I couldn't watch a Lucy rerun because her antics made me sad for her! How I ended up with my slapstick hubby...who knows ...more
Lisa
Gayle Carline shares columns from her first two years with the paper and offers commentary in between some of them. Although it was a nice read, it was simply that and no more. I think I chuckled twice. I did not like that her original column titles were changed by the editor. I did appreciate her obvious love for family and animals, however. Keeping with MY rating system rather than GR's, I'd give this 2 1/2 stars.
Kathryn
May 14, 2012 Kathryn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, 2012-books
very funny to read. found bits to read to my hubby, and laughed out loud several times, had to quit reading at bedtime, as the laughing was keeping my hubby awake. :)
Kristino
Kristino marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Kathy Kirstner
Kathy Kirstner rated it it was ok
Jul 04, 2016
Jennifer Levine
Jennifer Levine rated it really liked it
May 26, 2016
pati
pati rated it really liked it
May 14, 2016
Ken N
Ken N added it
May 14, 2016
Sofya Moshkovich
Sofya Moshkovich rated it it was ok
Apr 06, 2016
Karen M. Renner
Karen M. Renner rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2016
Bonnie Daly
Bonnie Daly rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Nospin
Nospin rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Kajola
Kajola marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Marley Anne
Marley Anne marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
Linda Carmon
Linda Carmon rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2015
Tori
Tori marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Carol K.
Carol K. marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Niki
Niki added it
Jun 26, 2015
Sharon
Sharon added it
Jun 16, 2015
Ellen Gray
Ellen Gray marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015