Start by marking “The Power of Vasilii (Russian Rivals #2)” as Want to Read:
The Power of Vasilii (Russian Rivals #2)

The Power of Vasilii (Russian Rivals #2)

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  192 ratings  ·  22 reviews
He has the power to protect her - by making her his mistress!

Laura Westcotte is the only suitable candidate for the job as Russian tycoon Vasilii Demidov's secretary. He may be forced to hire Laura, but Vasilii is far too cynical ever to trust a woman - particularly one with such a dubious reputation....

Desperate for work, Laura knows she must impress her cool and complex

Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Presents #3029, 192 pages
Published November 15th 2011 by Harlequin (first published October 21st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Power of Vasilii, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Power of Vasilii

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
I picked this one up immediately after finishing the companion book, The Most Coveted Prize, because I was very intrigued with Alena's older brother, Vasilii. My instincts about him were correct. He initially comes off as a cold, forbidding, all business type hero. But underneath there is a lot of untapped passions. Laura is the woman to open that door to the intense man that Vasilli keeps tightly leashed.

Sometimes I feel that romance novels just aren't romantic anymore. A sad realization for a
Jenny
Like usually I hold a different opinion than most readers. I liked the first book "The Most Coveted Prize" much better than this one. This one was just ok. I had to skip many pages because of all the business related conversations and so I couldn't get into the story.
Sapheron
This restored some of my faith in Ms. Jordan after the debacle that was The Most Coveted Prize. Vasilii was kind of a nice guy; he just needed to set some of his priorities straight. I thought the bit about the earring was too sweet for words.
Laura Kaye
This was my second Harlequin Presents ever. I generally liked the premise, the characters' backstory, and what puts them together. For the first 2/3 of the book, I was mostly onboard, enjoying it and engaged. However, the book started to break down for me at the first sex scene. There was good sexual tension leading into the scene, but the hero's behavior went from arrogant and infuriating to offensive and cruel. There was just nothing sexy or romantic about it. First, he refuses to listen to he ...more
ѕєяєηιтι
Penny'ciğimin son dönem yeni bdlerinden biriydi ben eskileri daha çok seviyorum ama bu da güzeldi 3,5 dan 4 verdim gitti:) Hem erkek hem kadın düşüncelerine aynı oranda yer vermesi benim çok hoşuma gidiyor burdada böyleydi

Kızımız oğlumuzun kız kardeşiyle aynı okulda okumuş 14 yaşında tutulmuş oğlumuza uzaktan. Yıllar sonra oğlumuzun çince ve rusca bilen bir yardımcıya ihtiyacı oluyor kızımıda başvuruyor ve kabul ediliyor tabii oğlumuz kız hakkında pek iyi düşünmüyor ama malum arzulamadanda duram
Fanny Roswita Ria
Vasilii, taipan muda keturunan Russia-Arab, sedang mencari asisten pribadi ditengah padatnya jadwal negosiasi antara dirinya dg pengusaha berasal dari China. Prioritasnya ditengah waktu yg begitu sedikit adl asisten yg fasih berbahasa rusia dan mandarin serta tahu seluk-beluk budaya china. Krn begitu penting negosiasi ini maka sang hero mengesampingkan bahwa kandidat yg plg potensial ini adl wanita. Selama ini dirinya lbh memilih asisten pria utk menghindari adanya ketertarikan antara si wanita ...more
Caro
A good book with good characters. There were definitely some tense moments, plenty of emotions, some angst, a little steaminess, good mix of cultures (although it was brief and a small part of the story), and a good HEA. I liked reading this, however, it didn't pull me in. This was a book that I enjoyed reading but I don't think it would be something I would search out. I liked the characters, although I did want to knock heads a few times. Kept me interested but it wasn't a page-turner kinda re ...more
April Hollingworth
Laura desperately needs the PA job working for Vasilii. She knows she has to impress him but since he's taken an instant dislike to her getting the job seams highly unlikely.
Vasilii would rather not hire Laura due to her dubious reputation but since she's the only qualified person for the job he has no choice but to hire her.
Working together goes easier than expected until Laura is in danger and Vasilii is the only one who can protect her igniting their unwanted attraction for each other.

A fabu
Grace Harwood
I love Penny Jordan books - she is my all time fave Mills and Boon author - but after 185 novels to her name, even I'll admit that some of them aren't that good. This one, however IS a good one, in my opinion.

As plot goes, it's pretty standard Jordan fare. Laura (our heroine) needs a job after being encouraged to leave her old one if she went quietly. Her unscrupulous boss has told her that he'll keep the fact that she's been effectively sacked quiet if she goes without a fight, but - it turns o
Tali
I have to say even though this book goes along in the style of the average Mills and Boon novel, for some reason this one really irritated me. I was not swept away by the hero's story of a tough life and his subsequent distrusting attitude, instead I just wanted to scream at his arrogance and refusal to treat the heroine as a decent human being. And it's both ridiculous and disappointing to see that Penny Jordan doesn't let little things like employment and discrimination laws get in the way of ...more
Roxanne
Kerry
Started off pretty bad - Jordan's writing style is repetitive, and at times, really simplistic when it comes to telling the story, which being about a girl who takes on a job as a Russian's PR to undertake some sensitive Chinese negotiations, obviously had me being super-critical.

That being said, when she gets to the gold of what people reading the book want, her writing is powerful and emotive, and it's impossible not to fall in love with the heartthrob of the story Vasilii and want to be in t
Fiary
*2,5

Vasilii, pria arogan kaya, angkuh, kebal terhadap godaan wanita...., dan Laura krn suatu keadaan membuatnya tak punya pilihan selain melamar kerja kpd Vasilii (pria yg dipujanya sejak remaja). Latar belakang keduanya, menjadikan mereka dekat walau tetap saja tak menggoyahkan cara pandang Vasilii yg 'merendahkan Laura. Sayangnya, membaca novel ini terasa agak melelahkan, karena lebih banyak narasi, para tokoh lebih banyak berdialog sendiri .
Gebby agatha
3.5 of 5

awal cerita yang agak membosankan, terlalu banyak bercerita tentang masa lalu yang sering diulang-ulang, tapi makin lama ceritanya makin buat penasaran.

heronya yang terlalu keras kepala dan dingin, dengan heroine nya yang terjerat cinta lama dengan si hero. heronya agak sedikit jahat awalnya, cuma makin lama makin so sweeeeeet.
Aly is so frigging bored
It was better then I expected, a 3.5* rating actually.
Jessica
I love this book. It was way better then the prequel to it.
Nikita Isaac
I will miss Penny Jordan.Her books are great.
Lyn
It's ok. Serves it's purpose. It entertain me...
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Russian Rivals
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Russian Rivals
Julia Forbes
Julia Forbes marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Vicky
Vicky marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Pea
Pea added it
Jan 19, 2015
Heart
Heart marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
  • Once Touched, Never Forgotten
  • Craving the Forbidden (The Fitzroy Legacy #1)
  • Princess From the Past
  • The Man Every Woman Wants
  • Beauty and the Greek
  • Bought For The Marriage Bed
  • The Real Rio D'Aquila (Orisini Brides, #2)
  • Strangers in the Desert (The Al Dhakir Brothers #1)
  • A Shameful Consequence
  • Unlocking her Innocence
  • The Illegitimate Tycoon (Bad Blood, #6)
  • The Power and the Glory (The Marshalls, #2)
  • The Lone Wolfe (Bad Blood, #8)
  • The Petrov Proposal  (Forrester #2)
  • A Night of Living Dangerously (Mills & Boon Modern)
  • Too Proud to be Bought
  • The Twelve Nights of Christmas
  • The Savakis Mistress (Modern Romance, #889)
19687
Penelope Jones Halsall
aka Caroline Courtney, Annie Groves, Lydia Hitchcock, Melinda Wright

Penelope "Penny" Jones was born on November 24, 1946 at about seven pounds in a nursing home in Preston, Lancashire, England. She was the first child of Anthony Winn Jones, an engineer, who died at 85, and his wife Margaret Louise Groves Jones. She has a brother, Anthony, and a sister, Prudence "Pru".

She had
More about Penny Jordan...

Russian Rivals (2 books)
  • The Most Coveted Prize
The Sheikh's Virgin Bride (Sheikh's Arabian Nights, #1) The Demetrios Virgin The Blackmail Baby (Wedlocked!) (Harlequin Presents, 2247) Marriage: To Claim his Twins (Romance) The Italian Duke's Wife (By Royal Command) (Harlequin Presents #2529)