Start by marking “The Lady Forfeits (Copeland Sisters, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Lady Forfeits (Copeland Sisters, #2)

The Lady Forfeits (The Copeland Sisters #2)

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  150 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Lady Diana Copeland has hot-footed it to London to tell her new guardian, Lord Faulkner, exactly what she thinks of his outrageous marriage demands! Well, with her two flighty sisters having run off, no one else is going to do it….

Published November 15th 2011 by Harlequin (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Lady Forfeits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lady Forfeits

Susan
Fantastic book. I loved both characters. Gabriel was so delightfully alpha, but completely confused by Diana. He was not expecting one of his wards to be so self-possessed, confident, and willing to tell him exactly what she thought. He also did not expect her to be able to see beneath the cynical shell the rest of the world saw. Diana, for her part, did not expect her new guardian to be so devastatingly attractive. When they worked together to find out what was going on with his mother, they gr ...more
Maria
Ξεκίνησα να διαβάζω την πρώτη ιστορία με επιφύλαξη στην αρχή, λόγω Mortimer. Η Mortimer, αν και αγαπημένη, έχει τρομερό θέμα στις ερωτικές σκηνές. Είναι συντηρητικές και καθόλου περιγραφικές. Όμως λατρεύω τις τριλογίες, ιδιαιτέρως αδερφών, καθώς και τα εποχής με λόρδους και κόμισες. Η Mortimer είναι ειδική στις τριλογίες. Δεν είχα ιδέα ότι έγραφε όμως και βιβλία εποχής. Και τι βιβλία!!!!! Απλά υπέροχα!!!! Γεμάτα αισθησιασμό, πάθος και μυστήριο. Αγάπησα πολύ το πρώτο βιβλίο με την Καρολάιν όμως λ ...more
Dancer
Surely this magnificent man with a naughty glint in his eye can't be the pompous old fool she was expecting? Inhaling deeply, Diana fights not to get lost in the depths of Lord Faulkner's intoxicating gaze…or to make the worst forfeit—by agreeing to be the lord's new c
Tasneem
This was an excellent story. I adored the heroine, who was strong, courageous but practical. She was willing to marry with cold-blooded thought, she stood by him even when it seemed he was in the wrong and she was loyal under pressure. No simpering, no wanting things she felt she couldn't have. Even when she does desire him and his love, she is still not given to over-the-top sentiment. I adored her restraint, her ability to be logical. The hero meanwhile was arragont, sardonic and sexy. What a ...more
E. R.
The story is focused on the eldest Copeland sister and her new guardian, who has some unfinished business to take care of. Said unfinished business needs Lady Diana's attention.

Frankly, I actually liked Lady Diana more than Lord Gabriel. The man's hangups just annoyed me through the middle of the book. The only redeeming part of him that I liked was at the end.

Thus far, I think Lady Caroline and Lord Dominic are the better couple out of the two in my eyes. Now one more Copeland sister to read an
Sharyn
I found book # 1 at a used book sale. I luckily chanced on book 2 at the library after which I also found book 3 at a book sale, so I was able to finish the series, which I enjoyed because of the heroines. Each book of course had big misunderstandings, but all ended happily. Three sisters embark on journeys, 2 to avoid a possible marriage with their guardian, (misunderstanding #1). Lady Diana, the eldest actually set out for London to accept the offer, thereby saving one of her younger sisters. ...more
HarlequinRomanceReviews
Diana Copeland has always been the most responsible sister out of the trio. When her parents died, she knew they were all being left under the care of their three guardians, who were soon to take their hands in marriage. But what she hadn't expected was her two irresponsible sisters having taken off.

She hurries to London to tell her new guardian, Gabriel Faulkner, also known as Lord Faulkner, exactly what she thinks of his marriage proposal. She has no plans of getting married right away, especi
Lyndsay
This is the second book in the copeland sister series. We discover here why Gabriel was disowned by his family eight years ago. The oldest sister, Diana, accpets his proposal of marriage, hoping that it will cause her sisters to come home. (they ran away in the first book). Anyways. Diana shocks Gabriel with her loyalty to him (b/c she said that she would be) and her acceptance of his claim that the reason for his scandal was not true. (HE DID NOT SLEEP W/ AND GET THAT GIRL PREGNANT)

She forces h
Cris
Mais um histórico maravilhoso da Carole Mortimer! Se dependesse de mim, ela abandonava definitivamente os modernos, tipo "Paixão" e se dedicava somente aos romances históricos.

Achei esse livro ainda melhor que o primeiro, aqui, a mocinha, Diana, é a irmã mais velha e ajuizada, a única que não fugiu para não ter de se casar com o seu tutor, na verdade, ela partiu em direção a ele para acabar logo com essa história e por as coisas novamente nos eixos e encontrar as irmãs desaparecidas.
O único prob
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
"Voleva Diana tutta per sé. Moriva dalla voglia di baciarla di nuovo, di stringerla fra le braccia, ma il suo desiderio non era soltanto fisico. Voleva averla accanto, godere del suo affetto, ammirare il suo coraggio e la sua dignità."

Questo secondo capitolo delle sorelle Copeland mi è piaciuto più del primo, Diana è la sorella che preferisco, impulsiva quando serve ma anche intelligente e con la testa sulle spalle, e anche Gabriel tra il gruppo dei tre amici è il più interessante, con il suo sc
Joanne
Lady Diana's father passed away and Lord Faulkner becomes guardian to her and her two sisters. Lord Faulkner proposes marriage to any one of the three sisters, he doesn't care which one. Two sizers run away but Lady Diana takes him up on his offer hoping that her two sisters will now return. She believes him to be old and paunchy and he believes her to be ugly and fat. When they meet, they are both shocked. Will they find true love?
Rikke Bay
3.5 once again I'm left with a it-was-alright-feeling, after I had read another romance. And once again I love the male character but not a fan of the female protagonist. He made her seem so speciel and noone was like her, but I thought 'I can name about 8 right here at the moment, who remind me of this Diana, responsable, proude, a bit cold, selfless. He on the otherhand is wonderful. He is funny, he is arrogant, he is commanding and he is so Brittish gentleman!!! One thing I really like is tha ...more
Cferjani
(blank)
Sara Jo Easton
Those who do not like graphic descriptions of sex might want to skip this novel, as there are a few love scenes within it. However, the story was a delight to read; Diana is a sweet heroine who is realistically hurt by her fiance leaving her and reasonably protective of her younger sisters. We learn more about Lord Faulkner's past in this novel, and a mystery adds some intrigue to the plot. This is one of Carole Mortimer's better books.
Marina Andreou
Μου αρεσε παρα πολυ...ειναι συνεχεια το βιβλιο..μες στην περιπετεια..δεν σε αφηνει να παρεις ανασα...παρα πολυ ωραιο...αυτο αρχισα 1 να διαβασω και μετα τα αλλα...γιατι τα πηρα ολα μαζι και μετα αρχισα...μου αρεσει πολυ ο ηρωωας και το οτι ξεκαθαριζει απο την αρχη στην ηρωωιδα το παρελυον τουκαι η ηρωωιδα τον βοηθα με την μαμα του που ηταν αρρωστη και την κακια γυναικα του θειου του..και το τελος απιθανο!!!!
Alyssa White
At first I thought this book was going to start out slow which it kind of did... But it quickly picked up! I just sat for the last hour crying my eyes out , which is a good thing. This book was definitely far better than the first one I cannot wait to get started on the 3rd! I wish I could give half marks because this would be a four and a half.
Dragana
I enjoyed reading this book. Both Gabriel and Diana have complex and very realistic personalities. I enjoyed watching love between them grow. Only thing I did not like is that ending seemed a little bit rushed.
Carol Storm
Tried this, couldn't get into it -- waaaaay too old-fashioned. Plus when the hero meets the heroine she's so spirited and fiery that his eye starts twitching. Eww!
Gail
This is the oldest sister, who comes to town to scold the rogue who's become their guardian, and winds up falling for him instead. It was a good read.
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: The Copeland Sisters
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Copeland Sisters
Jennifer Mcpherson
Better than the first one.
C
C marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
  • Unmasking the Duke's Mistress (Historical)
  • Married to a Stranger
  • Unbuttoning Miss Hardwick
  • Taken by the Wicked Rake (Regency Silk & Scandal, #8)
  • Beauty and the Scarred Hero
  • Married: The Virgin Widow
  • Marriage of Mercy
  • Captured for the Captain's Pleasure
  • Bartered Bride
  • Behind the Rake's Wicked Wager
  • Masquerading Mistress
  • Rake with a Frozen Heart
  • The Earl's Forbidden Ward (Ramsden Brothers #2)
  • The Shy Duchess
Carole Mortimer was born in a village in England that she claims was so small that "if you blinked as you drove through it you could miss seeing it completely!" She adds that her parents still live in the house where she first came into the world, and her two brothers live very close by.

Carole's early ambition to become a nurse came to an abrupt end after only one year of training due to a weaknes
More about Carole Mortimer...
Pregnant with the Billionaire's Baby A Past Revenge Wife By Contract, Mistress By Demand The Duke's Cinderella Bride Lady Arabella's Scandalous Marriage