Special Delivery

Special Delivery

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Free flowers every month for a year! Recently widowed Amy was delighted to find that she had won. Flowers have always been a big part of her life. But delivery driver Dave brings more than just bouquets. Can he help Amy find happiness again? Will Amy get even more than she bargained for?
Published (first published June 11th 2011)

Darcysmom
A wonderful, fully realized short story. Amy is a young widow trying to find her way. Dave delivers a boquet of flowers to her each month. Slowly, a connection builds. Can they find love? Sit down with a cup of tea and savor this short story.
Lady Raven RAVE!
This was a very very very short read but also very cute. Amy was delighted to know she has won flowers to be delivered once a month for a year. It came at a time when she lost her husband so they did cheer her up. Dave delivers the flowers to Amy each month; he also looks forward to seeing her. As time goes on Amy and Dave enjoys each others company until the last month of her delivery. At the end of the delivery period Amy discovers a secret.

This was so cute, I would probably read this each tim...more
Melyssa Winchester
This popped up in my goodreads feed and two things sold it in the review I read. It was a romance and it was short. Normally I like my romances longer, developing over time, but this one changed my mind.
Special Delivery is just beautiful. I'm sure some would say it's predictable, but so what? I think reading this and what I hoped to be the case and having it actually happen made me love it even more. So predictable maybe, but done oh-so-right. It was magical. Beautiful and man, what woman in th...more
Rute Canhoto
“Special Delivery”, de Lia Fairchild, é adorável. Trata-se de uma pequena história que aborda questões como a continuação da vida após a perda de um ente querido. Ultrapassar essa dor por vezes é complicado, mas a personagem Amy Johnson irá conseguir fazê-lo através das flores. A verdade é que não são apenas as flores que a trazem de volta à vida e ao campo dos sentimentos, mas também Dave, o homem das entregas. Se fosse uma história um pouco mais longa, creio que teria resultado na perfeição e...more
Donna Brown
Special Delivery is a touching short story by Lia Fairchild about a widow who finds that in the year following her husband’s death her life remains full of the flowers he so often presented her with. Amy wins a competition to have a bouquet delivered every month for a year and – in the aftermath of her husband’s untimely death – finds comfort in the regular deliveries, not only in the form of the flowers but also in caring delivery man Dave.

The story intersects the point at which Amy’s year of f...more
Read, Run, Ramble
I read two books by Lia this February and both were GREAT choices for Feb/Valentine reads!

This story is fun, sweet, touching, and short - what more could a reader want from a romantic, short story?

Something that equally struck and impressed me while reading this story is the ability of a romance writer to take something different, something that in real life might even seem weird and make it romantic and cute. Lia does that in this story and I think it takes a talented writer and great imaginati...more
Ryan Ringbloom
This was a perfect Saturday afternoon read! I love a sweet romantic read and I'm a big fan of short stories... This was a quick, feel good read that I thoroughly enjoyed! Can't wait to read more from this author!
Norma
Cute

This is a sweet, clean short romance. I really enjoyed the story. I highly recommend this book to all who live good, clean romance.
aobibliophile™
Flowers seem intended for the solace of ordinary humanity. - John Ruskin

Special Delivery is about a 39-year old woman coming to terms with the death of her husband and entertaining the possibility of welcoming someone new in her life.
this short story by Lia Fairchild is sweet and poignant with a surprise twist at the end! i loved it!
Ey
This is such a beautiful and touching story. Exactly what romance should be. Sweet, melting chocolate, where's my Kleenex kinda love story. What a daydream. I really enjoyed it.
Marnie
This was a cute novel. Very short, would have enjoyed even more if the author would have made longer. Romantic
SheLove2Read
Short story. Very sweet and romantic for the length. Left me with a smile on my face.
Karen
This was such a sweet short story. It made me smile.
Jaime
Aug 15, 2011 Jaime rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
Short & sweet.
Andrea
Very short read on my Kindle. Also VERY predictable.
cariedaway
cariedaway marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Allison Haug
Allison Haug marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Janine
Janine marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Marcy Collins
Marcy Collins marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Mitebsyco
Mitebsyco marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Tia
Tia marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Robert Zimmermann
Robert Zimmermann marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Liz Chouinard Levine
Liz Chouinard Levine marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Aurore Dauchy
Aurore Dauchy marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Beverly Tarr
Beverly Tarr marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
StoryStar Story of the Week 1 4 Jul 04, 2011 05:57PM
Free Short Story 1 2 Jun 25, 2011 02:09PM
Lia Fairchild is both a traditionally published and independent author who writes contemporary fiction, chick lit, romance, and mystery/thriller. Fairchild was born and raised in Southern California and holds a bachelor's degree in journalism and a multiple-subject teaching credential. She is a wife and mother of two teenagers.

Watch for her new release, Circle in the Sand, due out January 7.

Look...more
More about Lia Fairchild...
In Search of Lucy Emma vs. the Tech Guy Circle in the Sand A Hint of Murder Vigil Annie