Start by marking “Scanwiches” as Want to Read:
Scanwiches

Scanwiches

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  30 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
A fresh way of looking at the world’s most versatile food, Scanwiches is a declaration of love for that ubiquitous meal between two slices of bread: The Sandwich.

As simple as they are, sandwiches seem to inspire unusual devotion and bitter argument. Debates have lasted decades over the best way to prepare a club, what a true Philly cheesesteak really is, or who deserves
Published November 8th 2011 by powerHouse Books (first published November 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Scanwiches, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scanwiches

karen
Jan 29, 2012 karen rated it really liked it
Shelves: eats
oh, man, i hate this guy.

he just sits around and scans pictures of his sandwiches all day long, just to rub my face in the good food he is eating that i don't get any of. what kind of a monster does that? just arrogantly posts pictures of their food out there as a giant "fuck you" to the rest of the world, eating a lonely meal of peanut butter on crackers for dinner.who would be so cruel?

oh.

but still - this guy is really burning me up! because this isn't even a cookbook! this is just a journal
Finn
Jan 12, 2012 Finn rated it liked it
I'm a huge fan of the scanwiches blog so as soon as this book came out I bought it for my favourite foodie for Christmas. The verdict? The pictures make me insanely hungry and I like that it is an informative expansion of the original website rather than just pictures of sandwiches. My only gripe is that it's not long enough! The author focuses on classic sandwiches from around the world which is great... but I miss all the new and interesting combinations they would feature from restaurants aro ...more
Jessica
Feb 27, 2012 Jessica rated it really liked it
I accidently read this book while at school. I was hungry the rest of the day.

Don't'cha kinda hate this guy? I mean, this is his JOB. I loved this book and i'm sure as hell making some of these sandwiches throughout the week. There were a ton of interesting facts.

My friends made fun of me for reading it, though.. Until I gave it to them to read!

Now.. Someone come feed me.
Tamara
Anyone ever had Marmite? Supposedly you either love it or hate it. Will have to try the sandwich with Marmite and cheddar cheese on toast so that I'll know which camp I'm in.

Please, please, please someone make me a Vada Pav sandwich.

Mike
May 16, 2012 Mike rated it liked it
This book will certainly make you hungry and make you want to have all sorts of sandwiches for lunch, especially the interesting international ones that I've never seen before. At the least you'll want to check out the Scanwiches blog. Part of my continuing project to actually read my numerous coffee-table books!
Molly
Not really much of a book-book- but worth flipping through. Boy, do I love Banh mi. And bun kababs look pretty awesome, too- going to have to check that out. More of a coffee-table/waiting room book. Not terrible. Interesting, conceptually.
Rebecca
Ah, the book version of http://scanwiches.com/ -- and it is some great eye candy. I love the clear colors and black backgrounds. Bonus: a visual table of contents. Drool.

p. 57 - Dagwood
p. 121 - Sandwich Loaf (gross)
Westerville
Dec 16, 2011 Westerville rated it liked it
Shelves: adults, non-fiction
Please, please, please someone make me a Vada Pav sandwich. - Tamara, Web Content Librarian

Reserve a library copy!
Carolyn
Nov 11, 2011 Carolyn rated it it was amazing
Simply put, this book is THE ultimate visual guide to sandwiches from around the globe.
Ryan
Ryan rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2016
Vladimir Smekhov
Vladimir Smekhov rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2015
Carlos Vivas
Carlos Vivas marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
Spirou
Spirou rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2015
Maryann Pasda DiEdwardo
Maryann Pasda DiEdwardo rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2015
Scott
Scott added it
May 13, 2015
Dylan
Dylan rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2015
Dominique
Dominique rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2015
Mark Korchin
Mark Korchin rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2015
Chen Liang
Chen Liang marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Claire
Claire added it
Aug 30, 2014
Sam
Sam rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2014
Teresa Kuhns
Teresa Kuhns rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2014
Potato
Potato added it
Feb 19, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Ed
Ed marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Lieschen
Lieschen rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2014
Michael Stevens
Michael Stevens rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2013
Rita
Rita rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2013