Start by marking “Cat Stories” as Want to Read:
Cat Stories

Cat Stories

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Cat Stories brings together two centuries of literary hmage to the fascinating feline by great writers of every stripe - from Edgar Allan Poe and Walter de la Mare to Damon Runyon and Doris Lessing.

Playful kittens and ruthless predators, beloved pets and witches' familiars - cats of all kinds come alive in these pages. Maeve Brennan and Alice Adams movingly explore what ca
Published October 18th 2011 by Everyman's Library (first published September 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Cat Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cat Stories

Pamela
Delightful! And maybe a splash of sad. And a heap of weird. But every story made me want to run home and give my Taco a hug.
Vanessa
My boyfriend bought me this little collection of short stories as a Christmas present. He knows me well - I am a big cat lover, and the idea of a book dedicated to stories about cats was perfect for me. Although I am not generally a fan of hardback books, this series by Everyman Library is small enough to cart around with you in your bag without taking up too much room. Handy for bus journeys!
I liked the fact that there was a real diversity in the stories presented here. There were some very tra
Maxwell Heath
A very nice collection of stories about cats. I like that there's a mix of human and cat perspectives as well as a mix of realistic and fantastic stories. There were a few I wasn't too fond of, but overall I enjoyed this collection, and found the final story to be particularly intriguing. I might have to check out that author's other works at some point, and reading the Neil Gaiman story has served to remind me that I really need to read more by him.
There were some good ones and some weird ones, but I did enjoy most of them due to the role of the feline in all of them. Meow.
Emily
Such a lovely book for cat lovers! Also introduced me to some great authors, as it is an anthology of short stories.
Rikke
Perfect for any catlover! Filled with purring, miauwing and sinister yellow eyes staring out into the darkness. While some stories resonated more deeply with me than others, I would highly recommend this delightful little collection to any cat lady who is fond of books. Books and cats do after all compliment each other rather well.
Karen
Lots of good authors.
Tippy Jackson
Jan 08, 2013 Tippy Jackson marked it as abandoned
Shelves: animalia
I only read the first 3 stories, which weren't bad, but also didn't really grab me.
Catrina
A requirement for all cat-loving bibliophiles like myself.
Adrienne
Some good cat stories, some not so good.
Arianrod5
Arianrod5 marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Angela Basista
Angela Basista marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Kamil
Kamil marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Fatima
Fatima marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Raven
Raven marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Magdalena
Magdalena marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Haris Triadafillou
Haris Triadafillou marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Louise
Louise marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Jerene
Jerene marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Robin Dalla-vicenza
Robin Dalla-vicenza marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Katie Farmer
Katie Farmer marked it as to-read
Mary Weasley
Mary Weasley marked it as to-read
Alekz
Alekz marked it as to-read
Alexandra
Alexandra marked it as to-read
Mercedes
Mercedes marked it as to-read
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Tayler K
Tayler K marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Melissane
Melissane marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
New York Stories Christmas Stories Stories of the Sea Dog Stories Bedtime Stories