Start by marking “Cat Stories” as Want to Read:
Cat Stories

Cat Stories

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Cat Stories brings together two centuries of literary hmage to the fascinating feline by great writers of every stripe - from Edgar Allan Poe and Walter de la Mare to Damon Runyon and Doris Lessing.

Playful kittens and ruthless predators, beloved pets and witches' familiars - cats of all kinds come alive in these pages. Maeve Brennan and Alice Adams movingly explore what ca...more
Published October 18th 2011 by Everyman's Library (first published September 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Cat Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cat Stories

Pamela
Delightful! And maybe a splash of sad. And a heap of weird. But every story made me want to run home and give my Taco a hug.
Vanessa
My boyfriend bought me this little collection of short stories as a Christmas present. He knows me well - I am a big cat lover, and the idea of a book dedicated to stories about cats was perfect for me. Although I am not generally a fan of hardback books, this series by Everyman Library is small enough to cart around with you in your bag without taking up too much room. Handy for bus journeys!
I liked the fact that there was a real diversity in the stories presented here. There were some very tra...more
Maxwell Heath
A very nice collection of stories about cats. I like that there's a mix of human and cat perspectives as well as a mix of realistic and fantastic stories. There were a few I wasn't too fond of, but overall I enjoyed this collection, and found the final story to be particularly intriguing. I might have to check out that author's other works at some point, and reading the Neil Gaiman story has served to remind me that I really need to read more by him.
There were some good ones and some weird ones, but I did enjoy most of them due to the role of the feline in all of them. Meow.
Emily
Such a lovely book for cat lovers! Also introduced me to some great authors, as it is an anthology of short stories.
Rikke
Perfect for any catlover! Filled with purring, miauwing and sinister yellow eyes staring out into the darkness. While some stories resonated more deeply with me than others, I would highly recommend this delightful little collection to any cat lady who is fond of books. Books and cats do after all compliment each other rather well.
Tippy Jackson
Jan 08, 2013 Tippy Jackson marked it as abandoned
Shelves: animalia
I only read the first 3 stories, which weren't bad, but also didn't really grab me.
Catrina
A requirement for all cat-loving bibliophiles like myself.
Adrienne
Some good cat stories, some not so good.
Dumbledip
Dumbledip marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
abcdefg
abcdefg marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Eleni Kaskoura
Eleni Kaskoura marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Mary Warnement
Mary Warnement is currently reading it
Oct 18, 2014
Catlover
Catlover marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Ida Amalie
Ida Amalie marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Waysofreading
Waysofreading marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Anne Louise
Anne Louise marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Gitte Winneche
Gitte Winneche marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Akylina
Akylina marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Natasha Glerup
Natasha Glerup marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Kleopatra Olympiou
Kleopatra Olympiou marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Anne Nikoline
Anne Nikoline marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Layla
Layla marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Krammerjunk
Krammerjunk marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Ane
Ane marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Poppy
Poppy marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Macleay
Macleay marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
New York Stories Christmas Stories Stories of the Sea Dog Stories Bedtime Stories