Start by marking “The Trick to Money Is Having Some!” as Want to Read:
The Trick to Money Is Having Some!

The Trick to Money Is Having Some!

In this book, Stuart Wilde shows you that money is merely a form of energy, and that the difference between having it and not having it is merely a small but subtle shift in consciousness (in fact, one woman claims she won $1.7 million in the lottery using the techniques presented within these pages).Like his other highly successful books, this work is chock full of useful ...more
Published February 1st 1995 (first published September 1st 1989)

To ask other readers questions about The Trick to Money Is Having Some!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trick to Money Is Having Some!

Barbara Cadwell
Jan 16, 2013 Barbara Cadwell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Barbara by: A gift from my son
The trick to money is having some?
With Stuart Wilde, it's no trick!
It's all play, playing with energy.
A man of great humor, the night I began reading the book, I laughed so much so that I nearly rolled off the couch! And what was so funny? The reference to the root of all evil, money. Of the guy who coined that line, Wilde said, "He just flat out didn't have any!"
As the book progresses, examples of dealing with money are rife. Each time I retrieve a penny off the sidewalk, I visualize Wilde st
Michael
Jan 31, 2008 Michael rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vey good perspective on money and the issues people have with it
Chris Donovan
Oct 03, 2014 Chris Donovan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's difficult to review this book. From how it's written I'd probably give it 2 or or 3 stars. It's basically a kooky book on changing your attitude towards money. However, like those kooky quit smoking books, it actually works. It did with me - my income has gone up over 50% since I read it the first time (a year ago). Basically he convinced me that there's plenty of money in the world, and I should just ask for more. So I just put my hourly rate up to a fairly ridiculous level (for me) and it ...more
Kris
Jun 28, 2013 Kris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: prosperity
Stuart Wilde is a brilliant spiritual author, whose humorous take on everything leaves the reader unable to take himself or herself too seriously, even about something as dead serious as money. This book inspired me to let go of some old limiting beliefs I have about the acquiring and having of money. I found the nerve to finally give myself a raise! If you're working on prosperity and financial issues, read this book.
Brady
Jul 13, 2012 Brady rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Awesome. I love this book and would recommend it to anyone who wants some insight into money making.
Frank Gerryts
Jul 29, 2012 Frank Gerryts rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent look at money from a metaphysical point of view. Stuart Wilde has a provocative view of this topic and might just change the way you think about money and having some!
Karen
Mar 11, 2009 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Same stuff but in a very funny format. Ilike this guy he says it like he thinks it.
J.B. Siewers
Dec 22, 2012 J.B. Siewers rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally thinking it was just a scam artist scamming and then got something good out of it. It was a revelation...........................
Kadena
Jan 26, 2008 Kadena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
Stuart Wilde taught me how to assemble my gifts, talents, strengths and abilities and turn them into marketable products and services.
Don Sevcik
Nov 26, 2016 Don Sevcik rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is required reading to help you to remove any head trash or limiting beliefs about money, success, and your ability to climb financially. I heard about Stuart Wilde recently, and I'll be buying the rest of the Taos Quintet shortly.

This book helps you remove any "caps" on your ability to earn, or any negative beliefs about being wildly successful. Much of the stuff we were either brainwashed with or coaxed into believing as kids and teenagers about success needs to be removed before we can e
Akhil Jain
Feb 05, 2016 Akhil Jain rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Akhil by: derek sivers on tim's podcast
Good points:
When your whole focus is on survival, there’s no time to thrive.
the importance of seeking your own approval only
The story of picking up a penny on all fours in muddy puddles in a suit and turning it into a British custom story to his tourist guests, shows how any situation is acceptable, as long as the mind accepts it.

"In fact going slowly and savouring life as you go allows you to grant the journey more meaning. To hurtle along at breakneck speed is at times fun. But it ought to be
John Cardelli
Feb 09, 2017 John Cardelli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read 3x's during my Stuart Wilde Binge. Awesome book!
Curtis
Jun 09, 2015 Curtis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the flow of this book. It's not like other books that seems to just spit out information to you, it's more personal and intimate. It's very humorous and it actually feels more like a transcription of a seminar, which I love because it feels a little more interactive and it keeps me intrigued. I had a hard time putting it down.

This is one of the best books on metaphysics, spirituality, and money! The biggest thing this book helped me realized is how to effectively release resistance toward
Sandra
Nov 23, 2016 Sandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone intested in metaphysics, self help, law of attraction
One of Stuart Wilde's most humourous books. Written in the late 80's yet not dated, this book covers beliefs we hold that may need to be changed and actions to take to make the needed changes, all while being seriously funny.

What I liked: It is a light hearted look at the metaphysics of easy money. Serious topic, but delivered in a fashion that bypasses all your objections and gets straight to the heart of things.

What I didn't like: The illustrations are somewhat dated.

I give this book a 5 out o
Michael
Mar 23, 2009 Michael rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirituality
Wilde has some great thought and philosophies and he has some quirky thoughts and philosophies. This book has a mixture. It does, however, give a different perspective on money. Is it accurate and a truth? I don't know.
Ben
Jul 10, 2013 Ben rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very strange book, mixing humor - the law of attraction and irreverence all into a simple package. I liked the view, and it explained some of the phenomenon that I have recently experienced with money.
Mike S
Feb 14, 2015 Mike S rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants to think more deeply about money
Shelves: metaphysics
Wilde is funny and intelligent, and will help you examine your beliefs about money to see if you are limiting yourself though negative programming. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would, and I will definitely read more by Wilde.
Lynda
Jul 31, 2009 Lynda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While there is nothing really new in Wilde's books, I love how funny they are. Recommend.
David Geschke
Feb 23, 2013 David Geschke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read this book a couple times. Stuart's writing style isn't for everyone, but he does have a way of thinking outside the box that I like. A very worthy read in the "money" genre.
Sharron
Dec 20, 2013 Sharron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A
John
Jan 07, 2011 John rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very humorous look at how people feel and should feel about money. Really stops and make you take a look at your relationship with money.
Marc Smolinski
May 21, 2013 Marc Smolinski rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great style of writing, although not for everyone. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Stuart Wilde provides a great view of money from an energy perspective.
Rickey
Jun 20, 2015 Rickey marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finances
Recommended by 3 Key Elements in Message Mastermind
ABleu
Aug 29, 2010 ABleu rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very good book about making money. What the book lacks in structure, is made up in enthusiasm and charisma. A good read for those down in the dumps with money and need a burst of energy.
Michele
Michele rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2011
Eric Cole
Eric Cole rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2016
Loren
Loren rated it liked it
May 05, 2010
gloria thomas
gloria thomas rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2016
Roots
Roots rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2014
Terry
Terry rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Your Word is Your Wand: A Sequel to the Game of Life and How to Play It
  • Love Yourself And Let The Other Person Have It Your Way
  • Prosperity Pie: How to Relax About Money and Everything Else
  • No Greatness Without Goodness: How a Father's Love Changed a Company and Sparked a Movement
  • The Abundance Book
  • Unstoppable: 45 Powerful Stories of Perseverance and Triumph from People Just Like You
  • Remote Viewing Secrets: The Handbook for Developing and Extending Your Psychic Abilities
  • Trust Your Vibes: Secret Tools for Six-Sensory Living
  • The Simple Dollar: How One Man Wiped Out His Debts and Achieved the Life of His Dreams
  • Urban Tantra: Sacred Sex for the Twenty-First Century
  • A Little Light on the Spiritual Laws
  • Ask Your Angels
  • Colors  Numbers
  • Mending the Past and Healing the Future with Soul Retrieval
  • Having It All: Achieving Your Life's Goals and Dreams
  • Busting Loose from the Money Game: Mind-Blowing Strategies for Changing the Rules of a Game You Can't Win
  • I Can Make You Rich
  • Eating Less: Say Goodbye to Overeating
Wilde was born in Farnham, England. He was educated at St. George’s College, Weybridge, Surrey. After his schooling he joined the English Stage Company in Sloane Square, London. A year later he opened a jeans business in Carnaby Street London, at the height of the Swinging Sixties where he enjoyed considerable commercial success.

He studied alternative religions and Taoist philosophy for five years
More about Stuart Wilde...

“You have a divine right to abundance, and if you are anything less than a millionaire, you haven't had your fair share.” 9 likes
“Poverty is restriction and as such, it is the greatest injustice you can perpetrate upon yourself.” 7 likes