Start by marking “A Man of His Word (Lawyers in Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Man of His Word (Lawyers in Love, #1)

A Man of His Word (Lawyers in Love #1)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  77 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Attorney Rosebud Donnelly has a case to win. And she never lets anyone see her sweat. But her first meeting with Dan Armstrong doesn't go according to script. No one warned her that the COO of the company she's fighting would be so...manly.

From his storm-colored eyes to his well-worn boots, Dan is an honest-to-goodness cowboy. But is he honest? Her yearning for the Texas t
Published November 29th 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about A Man of His Word, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Man of His Word

What I Did For a Duke by Julie Anne LongSweet as Sin by Inez KelleyKiss of Snow by Nalini SinghSea Change by Darlene MarshallHeat by R. Lee Smith
DABWAHA 2012
30th out of 64 books — 1 voter
Rock Chick Renegade by Kristen AshleyTaylor's Temptation by Suzanne BrockmannCheyenne Song by Georgina GentryNightway by Janet DaileyRising Assets by Rebecca Zanetti
Sexy Native American Heroes
23rd out of 40 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Fiona Marsden
Jul 17, 2012 Fiona Marsden rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: If you like hot and steamy with good storyline
Recommended to Fiona by: Author Prize
This story was something right out of the box. Cowboys and Indians. I for one am old enough to remember playing with guns and bow and arrows. I always wanted to be the Indian.
And when you meet Rosebud Donnelly you can agree that it was a great choice. Rosebud became a lawyer against her inclination to fight on behalf of her Lakota people.
The battle she's been engaged on for over three years against Cecil Armstrong and his company is to save part of her people's land being lost under a reservoir.
Kate
A wonderful debut novel! The author does a great job developing the characters and plot without heavily relying on the usual romance/Harlequin tropes.
Saly
Rating 3.5
When I was reading this book I had serious doubts this was a desire since it had such a different tone and so much going on, deception and mystery.

The heroine is a lawyer when she doesn't want to be, but she has to for her Lakota tribe and her dead brother and family. For years she has been fighting a man called Cecil who wants to build a dam which will flood their rez. The hero Dan is his nephew and the she fires at him to scare him but Dan isn't the scared type, he is successful and
Nikki Brandyberry
You can pick your employees but unfortunately you can’t pick your family. A realization Dan Armstrong has had to live with for years. His uncle Cecil and he never got along but since they generally worked in different states within the company they co-owned, Dan could tolerate him. Now Cecil is telling him to come and deal with a situation over a impending dam structure and the local Lakota Indian tribe. Seems the tribes Attorney, Rosebud Donnelly is tenacious and Cecil thinks Dan might be able ...more
Ni_kii
It's 4 1/2 stars really :)

Dan Armstrong’s day can’t get any worse. First his evil Uncle Cecil calls him to site of their companies latest project to try to resolve some long running “problems” and then a Native American woman on horseback takes a pot-shot at him, narrowly missing his head and putting a hole in his favourite hat. Upon arrival at his Uncle’s house, he starts to see that all is not well with the construction project in which his company has invested millions of dollars. It seems th
Susanna Carr
Dec 25, 2011 Susanna Carr added it
Shelves: desire
Rosebud Donnelly is a lawyer representing her Native American tribe. Dan Armstrong is the enemy whose company will destroy their reservation. She will do what it takes to protect their land and find out who killed her brother… even if it means sleeping with the enemy. But she is in danger of falling into the trap she set out. Little does she know that Dan has been given orders to seduce her.

Rosebud became a lawyer when she would have rather been an artist. She put her life on hold to fight for h
Jess
I loved this book! A Man of His Word is beautifully written and the main characters Rosebud and Dan are great! Seriously, who wouldn't want to read a book about a sexy cowboy and a gorgeous indian!
I liked that they didnt rush into a relationship straightaway just because of their sexual attraction, and that they considered the consequences of being in a relationship.
I loved how they also all got a happy ending considering Dan's company was going to be building a damn which would have flooded Ro
Jennifer Anderson
Fantastic debut novel for Anderson. She hooked me right off the bat and the chemistry between characters was spot on. The romantic scenes weren't too much where I felt I needed a shower afterwards, either.

I honestly felt by the end of this book that I was connected to the MC and I could feel her plight, especially with the bar scene. Intense.

You have to read this.
Ambereen
A smart, sexy female, a gorgeous cowboy, steamy scenes, tons of sexual tension, and forbidden romance...

Who can resist that?
I would suggest this book to anyone who's in need of a good romance to read ^_~

(I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.)
Debbie
New author for me. I LOVED this story. Native American heroine. Some of the things she endured at the hands of white people made me ashamed to be white. Hard to believe this still happens in the 21st century, but it does.
Hanna Martine
My first Harlequin Desire. Even though it was much shorter than what I am used to reading, it's a solid read--loved the hero and heroine and the way they fit together. Great setting, and the climax was perfect.
I loved how vividly the author portrayed Native American land issues, and the conflict between the hero and the heroine - and how neither could defy their families too easily, even if they wanted to. What kept this book from a higher rating was that the prejudice and fear experienced by the heroine was mitigated by her decision at the end of the book - but I kept returning to the scenes where she was in danger and thinking about her family and the rest of her friends on the reservation that were ...more
Rebecca
I really enjoy Ms. Anderson's romances and their Native American heroes and/or heroines. I actually read this series out of order and finished this after reading books 2 and 3, but you can easily read the books in any order, as they stand alone. A Man of His Word is outstanding; I just wish the ending didn't feel so rushed. I think that the word limit has a bit to do with that. Still, the ending is very satisfying, because we get to see the bad guys get what's coming to them and the HEA for the ...more
Ladyacct
Thoought this one should have been printed in the suspense category as opposed to the desire series. Okay story, good mystery that wasn't a mystery.
Syntax787
that was a very cute ending =P
this should be made into a lifetime movie, i liked it. a quick read as well.
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Sharon  Farrell
Sharon Farrell marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Elizabeth Hurley
Elizabeth Hurley marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Natasha Curulli
Natasha Curulli marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Paris
Paris marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Arpita Kayal
Arpita Kayal marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Iwik Pásková
Iwik Pásková marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Temporary Mrs. King (Kings of California, #10)
  • Acquired: The CEO's Small-Town Bride (The Takeover #6)
  • A Touch of Persuasion (Men Of Wolff Mountain #2)
  • An Innocent in Paradise
  • Dante's Honor-Bound Husband (The Dante Legacy #8)
  • Sex, Lies and the Southern Belle (Dynasties: The Kincaids #1)
  • Behind Palace Doors (Hollywood #3)
  • On the Verge of I Do (Dynasties: The Kincaids #4)
  • What Happens in Charleston... (Dynasties: The Kincaids #2)
  • A Tangled Affair (The Pearl House #2)
  • Lessons in Seduction (Marconi #3)
  • Seduced: The Unexpected Virgin (The Takeover #2)
  • Bought: His Temporary Fiancee (The Takeover #4)
  • To Touch a Sheikh (Pride of Zohayd, #3)
  • The CEO's Accidental Bride
  • The Paternity Proposition (Dalton Twins #1)
Award-winning author Sarah M. Anderson may live east of the Mississippi River, but her heart lies out west on the Great Plains. With a lifelong love of horses and two history teachers for parents, it wasn’t long before her characters found themselves out in South Dakota among the Lakota Sioux. She loves to put people from two different worlds into new situations and to see how their backgrounds an ...more
More about Sarah M. Anderson...

Lawyers in Love (3 books)
  • A Man of Privilege (Lawyers in Love, #2)
  • A Man of Distinction (Lawyers in Love, #3)
Expecting a Bolton Baby Nobody (Men of the White Sandy, #3) Straddling the Line Mystic Cowboy (Men of the White Sandy, #1) A Real Cowboy (Rich Rugged Ranchers #2)