Start by marking “Redeeming the Rogue” as Want to Read:
Redeeming the Rogue

Redeeming the Rogue

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Her Ally...or Her Enemy?With a chip on her shoulder and a pistol in her pocket, Mattie Fraser comes to London determined to find answers. What fate befell her brother after he was forced to join the British navy? Military official Kit DeChambelle knows something, she's sure. But can she trust him--or anyone-- as a conspiracy of silence surrounds her?

Kit knows altogether to
Published (first published August 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Redeeming the Rogue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Redeeming the Rogue

I liked this one. I thought it was well written and had a pretty good plot. I liked Mattie and Kit; they both have pasts that they are trying to forget. There is a mystery that brings them together and they have to rely on one another to try and figure things out. There were a few twists that I didn’t see coming and I wanted to keep reading to see what would happen next. I thought the Christian elements were okay, not overdone, but also seemed a tad forced. I think I would have preferred if a
Redeeming the Rogue by C.J. Chase ISBN-978-0-373-82882-1

Mattie Fraser failed. She promised to take care of her brother when her mother died. She was eight
Dina Sleiman
In Redeeming the Rogue, C.J. Chase perfects a balancing act of epic portions, keeping all the plates spinning throughout a story that will leave you breathless. This novel is an inspirational historical romantic suspense, so here’s a quick peek at each element.

Inspirational – The story provides a wonderful faith journey for both hero and heroine who similarly struggle with forgiveness, the heroine with forgiving others and the hero with forgiving himself. The hero faces an added struggle with al
Gwendolyn Gage
A quick, fun read, and a charming story! I'm not sure why the title refers to the hero as a rogue...besides using alcohol to drown out guilt and sorrow, the hero is a loving brother and son, respectful, and full of compassion for those in difficult circumstances.

Mattie Fraser travels to England at the close of the war of 1812, determined to learn what happened to her brother aboard a English Naval vessel. Kit DeChambelle agrees to make inquiries for her, and finds himself not only drawn to Matti
Carrie Fancett Pagels

C.J. Chase is the author of Redeeming the Rogue (Love Inspired Historicals, August 2011).

Mattie Fraser is a spirited American heroine whose brother had been pressed into services as a sailor aboard a British ship. She goes to London to inflict revenge upon the man she believes to be responsible for the disappearance of her brother - the captain of the ship that he had been on. Almost as soon as she arrives, Mattie is endangered. She thinks her weapon, a small pistol will both protect her and wi

Imagine that San Francisco, Napa Valley, Oakland, and all the rest of northern California was part of the British Empire. The recent visit to California by Prince William and Princess Catherine could have very well included stops at Fisherman's Wharf and Alcatraz had the English won the Battle of New Orleans in 1814 and the newly-formed United States had to give the land acquired in the Louisiana Purchase to England as a term of peace negotiations. That scenario plays a part in the plot of C.J.
This is not my usual read but I am always in the mood for a great mystery and espionage story. Nonetheless, and in the interest of full disclosure, I am acquainted with the author and was honored to receive a copy to read. I promise not to include any spoilers here but wanted to take a moment to comment on the book.

It follows a formula, of course: essentially, we all know the requirements – the hero and heroine must overcome obstacles to find a love and life together; there will be moral and phy
Redeeming the Rogue is a Regency by C.J. Chase whose plot propelled me forward.

Someone's trying to kill Mattie Fraser. I spent the entire book trying to figure out the identity of the big bad with virtually every character under suspicion, but ultimately came away completely surprised. Kudos to the author for keeping me guessing.

The spiritual arc in Redeeming the Rogue well written and tied in perfectly with the romance. Mattie is a gutsy heroine from a broken family, Kit is a man of intrigue ca
What an amazing debut novel! I especially enjoy historical fiction where I learn a little bit about history as well. This book takes place right after the War of 1812 when Mattie goes to London to discover the fate of her brother George pressed into service with the British Navy. Kit assists her in her search, but can she trust him? Many people are not whom they seem to be and figuring out people's true intentions is troublesome. Both Kit and Mattie are also fighting internal demons. Can they le ...more
Harlequin Books
"This book takes place a year after the war of 1812. It is full of interesting characters like Nicky the young street urchin and Lady Caroline, crabby and staid butters and housekeepers. C.J. Chase has plenty of twists and turns to keep you wondering what lies around the next corner. Murder and mistrust, even among brothers who were once close." From a review posted by an member. To read more, go here.
4. 5 Stars. Great debut!

Takes place in London during the Regency period, just right after the War of 1812. Mattie heads to London in order to learn more about her brother who has been forced into service by the British Navy. Her search leds her into the offices of Kit DeChambelle.

An intriguing story with suspense, murder and light romance. A light Christian message as well.

Very well written. Look forward to reading more of her novels.
Eh... it was okay. It was a little preachy and scattered for me. I didn't see any real relationship developing between any of the characters, and when their were serious offenses between characters they all got over it with a perfect grin plastered on their faces. There was never any resolving or talking. It was a quick read, and I would say it was worth the $2 on amazon, but had I paid more I would have been bothered.
Read because I'm always looking for War of 1812-themed romance. It's a great historical suspense novel but I didn't feel that there was enough of a buildup of the romance--why are the hero and heroine choosing a relationship with each other? I also got the feeling that I was dumped into an ongoing spy-themed Regency series that apparently does not exist. Yet.
Pat Silver
Jan 31, 2012 Pat Silver is currently reading it
this is historical romance with the heroine from america looking for her deceased brother and the hero the youngest (third) son and brother of the captain of the ship that impressed her brother during the war of 1812. So far I am enjoying it.
Brilliant combination of real human beautiful characters and an intriguing lively plot that keeps you glued to the book! Fantastic!
Book on discovering faith. If you are looking for passionate love scenes this is definitely not one of those books.
Mattie and Kit are delightful characters, and I "cheered" for little Nicky.
Victoria Bylin
Loved this book from start to finish!
Amanda Deed
Couldn't put this one down!

Loved it!
Tara marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Wenona marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
Amy marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Paddy marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Kelly marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jan 17, 2015 02:15PM
Winner of the 2010 Golden Heart for Best Inspirational Manuscript, C.J. Chase likes to make her characters solve mysteries, wrestle with the difficult issues of life and faith, and fall in love. All wrapped up with a happy ending, of course.

Like a character in one of her novels, C.J. took a circuitous route to her own happy ending as an author. Armed with a degree in statistics, she began a promis
More about C.J. Chase...