Start by marking “Charlie and Me” as Want to Read:
Charlie and Me

Charlie and Me

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  10 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
A captivating autobiographical account of Catherine's life as she tries, and ultimately succeeds in escaping the clutches of alcoholism. She 'lands in Alcoholics Anonymous' and meets Charlie Gallagher who becomes her sponsor and mentor. He steers her through a sequence of challenges and trials.
Published June 1st 2011 by New Island Books (first published May 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Charlie and Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charlie and Me

Puteri Zulaikha
Jun 16, 2016 Puteri Zulaikha rated it liked it
Charlie & me.

Written by Catherine Barry.

This is the book that I bought when I was in Dublin. Walking around in the city and I saw the old and ancient bookstore that seemed about to close for ever.

I grabbed one as a souvenir and it took me two seasons to start reading it. Overall, I think this book has moderate plot but i agree to say it contains a valuable lesson to can be pondered upon.

Cathy, who was alcoholic, depressed and mother of 3 children (if I am not mistaken) met an old man named
George
Mar 12, 2014 George rated it it was amazing
While I was in Dublin, I saw a really excellent play, "Charley and Me," at the Viking Theatre in Clontarf, based on this book. It's a true, very moving story. The two actors, a man and a woman, were superb. I bought the book, on the way out of the theatre and read it in two sittings.

At the beginning of the story, Catherine meets Charley, an older man, at her first AA meeting. Charley becomes her sponsor and through the years, proceeds -- through kindness, understanding, and friendship -- to lite
Llmurphypa Murphy
Llmurphypa Murphy rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2011
Gudmundur Arnljotsson
Gudmundur Arnljotsson rated it really liked it
May 02, 2016
Doreen Dooley
Doreen Dooley rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2016
Gerry
Gerry rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2012
Anindya Mukherjee
Anindya Mukherjee rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2013
Miriam Anwar
Miriam Anwar rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2015
Tracy
Tracy rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2012
Helen
Helen rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2016
Elisa
Elisa marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2012