Start by marking “In the Doctor's Bed” as Want to Read:
In the Doctor's Bed

In the Doctor's Bed (Hopewell General)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  416 ratings  ·  35 reviews
The skills of a surgeon...Having a crush on her drop-dead-gorgeous boss could get Hopewell General intern Jasmine Campbell fired...especially with the prestigious Virginia hospital reeling from a shocking scandal. But head resident Lucien De Winter is impossible to resist. And he's arousing a healthy dose of desire as the good doctor wages an all-out war to make the shelte ...more
Published August 1st 2011 by Harlequin Presents (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about In the Doctor's Bed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Doctor's Bed

Chivon
I love Brenda Jackson, but not really feeling this romance. I like the premise, its in a hospital setting and an intern falls in love with her boss. But something is lacking in this one. It just didn't intrigue me like a normal Brenda Jackson novel. I wouldn't recommend this one.
Ceej
I love Brenda Jackson. I am a huge fan of her Westmoreland, Madaris, and Forged of Steele series. But this book didn't do it for me. The characters were disjointed and I never really felt a connection while reading. The love scenes are usually inspiring but this time they kinda just were. I figure it's probably a little harder to write a book when you're given a premise instead of developing your own. As this is a part of a series with books written by other authors, the story has to flow throug ...more
Lee-ann Sleegers
In The Doctor's Bed by Brenda Jackson from Kimani Romance 2011

I don't mind an easy read romance novel every once in awhile but I was really disappointed in this one. Not only did this book follow the very predictable Harlequin formula, I found the need to remind the reader constantly that this was an Afro American couple very annoying. I read a lot and honestly couldn't careless about the characters race. This novel did absolutely nothing for me and made me wonder if I would want to read other b
Coco at *Reading Nook Blog*
Brenda Jackson sticks to a tried & true formula. This is no exception. Her books have started to feel the same to me with different character names. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a fan but one of books hasnt made it to my "fave of all time" list in a long while. That being said, the plot was believable here and the romance between Lucien and Jaclyn was sweet. Makes you root for their HEA against the odds. The chemistry between H/h was more of a simmer, not a boil.This is a quick read. Lookin ...more
Patrice
A "medical romance" of sorts. It was a good story and was more about the romance than about the medical environment. There were a number of characters introduced with enough story line to be able to create some additional stories with the characters at Hopewell General. The main charactes Jaclyn and Lucien are bold and defy the hospital's nonfraternization policy between superiors and subordinates. There is a sub-story revolving around an intern that was "fired" for drug use. Only problrm being ...more
Chelsea
Nice read!! There were many negative reviews about this book. Though I do not agree with all of them I will say that it was not of Brenda Jackson's best books. However, I did find it pleasant. I believe the book would have been better If it was a bit more detailed. I wanted to actually see how the couple overcame Ms. Tsang's and Mr. Dudley's lashings when Lucien and Jaclyn's secret was revealed. I definitely am curious to see the contributions of the remaining authors in the Hopewell General Ser ...more
Karen
The love story between Jaclyn (not Jazmine) and Dr. Lucien De Winter was a lovely story that I enjoyed immensely. However, I would have loved to have read more about the troubled/nosey nurse Tsang's and chief of staff Dr. Dudley because obviously they have a few secrets in their closet when it comes to the non fraternization policy T the hospital! Great story, but more juicy details are needed!
Brandi
Not the usual Brenda Jackson fare but still a solid story. I would like to give it 3.5 stars.....only because with a longer book, the peripheral characters could have been explored more. It was like Lucien and Jaclyn were the only two people in the book and that didn't work for me. Maybe I've gotten too used to the Westmoreland and Madaris clans. Great start to this multi author series.
Tqwana
I usually like Ms. Jackson's work, but I'm starting to notice patterns in her writing that annoy me. The choppy sentences, the repetitive phrases, the telling not showing descriptions that don't really describe anything. At least this particular heroine wasn't some virgin ingenue. I didn't feel we actually got to know the 2 main characters.
Pearl
A bit disappointing. I am really a Brenda Jackson fan normally she set it up so you actually feel apart of the book—not so with this one. It was so predictable. I don't feel like she completely developed the characters. It was a short read which was good didn't have to put a lot of energy into it.
Dana
Jun 07, 2012 Dana rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dana by: judysmommy2@aol.com
Shelves: 2012-read
Book was good until the end, what a pretentious jerk, that was not a romantic ending, oh I just planned the rest of your life for you while you were in surgery...gee great! Could have drawn it out more to make it seem like she wasn't being forced into marrying him.
Kesha
A uniquely forbidden love tale where a doctor and an intern cannot break the hospital's fraternization policy while performing as boss and subordinate roles. Dr. DeWinter is a strong, honest romantic interest and Dr. Campbell is every bit his equal. A sweet love story.
Dorel
I love Brenda Jackson books so when I seen this book on the library website it sounded good. I stopped read this book at chapter 5 because it was slow, boring, & all I seem to read about is the main characters thoughts about each other.
Bridget
I checked this book out from the library and I'm glad I didn't buy it. I'm a huge fan of Brenda Jackson, but this one just didn't do it for me. I like to read books that are unforgetable and this one did not make that mark.
Marie
It was sweet, it was good, the hero and heroine were good for each other but it was not as compelling and did not move me as much as a Brenda Jackson novel usually does.

Kimberly
Brenda Jackson has done it again. I like the first addition to the Hopewell Series. I can't wait to read the next book. I loved Dr. De Winter and Dr. Campbell's story.
Kyra Gates
short sweet and straight to the point. I liked it 4.5 stars. It kept you on your toes that it did. It was another roller coaster but the ending was smooth.
Linda
There was no drama at all! No consequences this was really boring! And is her name jasmine or Jaclyn?
Dansaremm
Shallow storyline, predictable, no depth to the characters. A very boring, superficial read.
Kimberly
Definitely not the author's best works. It seemed repetitive and the plot seemed forced.
Khristine Doiron
It was ok but I found it really tough to get to the end. Just slow moving I guess.
Angela
Don't know if it was because I read this on my tablet but it was a very short read.
Shone
Following rules is not easy when your heart is pulling you in a different direction.
Lawrence
Sometimes you have to go through something to find "true love".
Adina
I received a copy of this book from the Tell Harlequin reader panel.
Phano
slow reading - not the usual Brenda Jackson writing
Felicia G.
Awesome!! Love me some Brenda Jackson!!!
Charnel
nothing much to the story or the characters.
Shh I'm reading!
Awwwww, what a cute sweet read!
Janina
Loved.
Brenda Jackson! Amazing
Goodread Bookreads: Book 4 1 1 Aug 05, 2014 02:38PM
  • Romancing the M.D. (Hopewell General)
  • The Surgeon's Secret Baby (Hopewell General)
  • Winter Kisses
  • My Only Desire
  • Irresistible You (Graysons of New Mexico, #4)
  • Huddle with Me Tonight
  • Bittersweet Love
  • Lovin' Blue

Brenda Jackson was born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. She got married to Gerald, her high school sweetheart, in 1972 after graduating from high school. She went on to earn a degree in business administration from Jacksonville University, and to expand their family by having two sons, Gerald Jr. and Brando
More about Brenda Jackson...
Irresistible Forces (Steele Series #5) Delaney's Desert Sheikh (The Westmorelands #1) Thorn's Challenge (The Westmoreland Series) A Little Dare (The Westmoreland Series) Riding The Storm (The Westmoreland Series)