Start by marking “In the Doctor's Bed (Hopewell General, #1)” as Want to Read:
In the Doctor's Bed (Hopewell General, #1)

In the Doctor's Bed (Hopewell General #1)

The skills of a surgeon...

Having a crush on her drop-dead-gorgeous boss could get Hopewell General intern Jaclyn Campbell fired...especially with the prestigious Virginia hospital reeling from a shocking scandal. But head resident Lucien De Winter is impossible to resist. And he's arousing a healthy dose of desire as the good doctor wages an all-out war to make the shelte
Published August 1st 2011 by Harlequin Presents (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about In the Doctor's Bed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Doctor's Bed

Karla
Feb 16, 2016 Karla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ceej
Sep 13, 2011 Ceej rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brenda-jackson, 2011
I love Brenda Jackson. I am a huge fan of her Westmoreland, Madaris, and Forged of Steele series. But this book didn't do it for me. The characters were disjointed and I never really felt a connection while reading. The love scenes are usually inspiring but this time they kinda just were. I figure it's probably a little harder to write a book when you're given a premise instead of developing your own. As this is a part of a series with books written by other authors, the story has to flow ...more
Lee-Ann Sleegers
Jun 06, 2012 Lee-Ann Sleegers rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
In The Doctor's Bed by Brenda Jackson from Kimani Romance 2011

I don't mind an easy read romance novel every once in awhile but I was really disappointed in this one. Not only did this book follow the very predictable Harlequin formula, I found the need to remind the reader constantly that this was an Afro American couple very annoying. I read a lot and honestly couldn't careless about the characters race. This novel did absolutely nothing for me and made me wonder if I would want to read other b
Coco at *My Reading Nook Blog*
Brenda Jackson sticks to a tried & true formula. This is no exception. Her books have started to feel the same to me with different character names. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a fan but one of books hasnt made it to my "fave of all time" list in a long while. That being said, the plot was believable here and the romance between Lucien and Jaclyn was sweet. Makes you root for their HEA against the odds. The chemistry between H/h was more of a simmer, not a boil.This is a quick read. Lookin ...more
Mary  Pamela
Oct 24, 2016 Mary Pamela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed "In the Doctor's Bed." It had me on tender-hooks. I saw the correlation between the drug abuse charge and the doctors' fraternization. They were both addicted, and could not give up their vices. I only wish the book was longer, so that Brenda Jackson could expand on the drug case. I felt that it was not resolved. What was the outcome? Is this book part of a series? I felt like two issues were left up in the air. Was Dr. Dudley and Nurse Tsang having an affair? (A couple of hints ...more
Patrice
A "medical romance" of sorts. It was a good story and was more about the romance than about the medical environment. There were a number of characters introduced with enough story line to be able to create some additional stories with the characters at Hopewell General. The main charactes Jaclyn and Lucien are bold and defy the hospital's nonfraternization policy between superiors and subordinates. There is a sub-story revolving around an intern that was "fired" for drug use. Only problrm being ...more
Chelsea
Jun 30, 2013 Chelsea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Nice read!! There were many negative reviews about this book. Though I do not agree with all of them I will say that it was not of Brenda Jackson's best books. However, I did find it pleasant. I believe the book would have been better If it was a bit more detailed. I wanted to actually see how the couple overcame Ms. Tsang's and Mr. Dudley's lashings when Lucien and Jaclyn's secret was revealed. I definitely am curious to see the contributions of the remaining authors in the Hopewell General ...more
Karen
Jul 06, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brenda-jackson
The love story between Jaclyn (not Jazmine) and Dr. Lucien De Winter was a lovely story that I enjoyed immensely. However, I would have loved to have read more about the troubled/nosey nurse Tsang's and chief of staff Dr. Dudley because obviously they have a few secrets in their closet when it comes to the non fraternization policy T the hospital! Great story, but more juicy details are needed!
Celeste
Lucien and Jaclyn, business and pleasure

Lucien and Jaclyn story read as a miniseries. They both knew the risk and decided their love was worth it. It's often moments of crisis that allow you to but things in perspective. That is what happened for Lucien and allowed him to recognize that love is worth the risk. It's a cute story that shows the interworkings of policies that often go against personal desires and the choices one must make.
Pearl
Mar 30, 2012 Pearl rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bit disappointing. I am really a Brenda Jackson fan normally she set it up so you actually feel apart of the book—not so with this one. It was so predictable. I don't feel like she completely developed the characters. It was a short read which was good didn't have to put a lot of energy into it.
Tqwana
Aug 23, 2011 Tqwana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I usually like Ms. Jackson's work, but I'm starting to notice patterns in her writing that annoy me. The choppy sentences, the repetitive phrases, the telling not showing descriptions that don't really describe anything. At least this particular heroine wasn't some virgin ingenue. I didn't feel we actually got to know the 2 main characters.
Brandi
Oct 01, 2011 Brandi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not the usual Brenda Jackson fare but still a solid story. I would like to give it 3.5 stars.....only because with a longer book, the peripheral characters could have been explored more. It was like Lucien and Jaclyn were the only two people in the book and that didn't work for me. Maybe I've gotten too used to the Westmoreland and Madaris clans. Great start to this multi author series.
Dorel
Aug 25, 2013 Dorel rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I love Brenda Jackson books so when I seen this book on the library website it sounded good. I stopped read this book at chapter 5 because it was slow, boring, & all I seem to read about is the main characters thoughts about each other.
Kesha
A uniquely forbidden love tale where a doctor and an intern cannot break the hospital's fraternization policy while performing as boss and subordinate roles. Dr. DeWinter is a strong, honest romantic interest and Dr. Campbell is every bit his equal. A sweet love story.
Dana
Jun 07, 2012 Dana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dana by: judysmommy2@aol.com
Shelves: 2012-read
Book was good until the end, what a pretentious jerk, that was not a romantic ending, oh I just planned the rest of your life for you while you were in surgery...gee great! Could have drawn it out more to make it seem like she wasn't being forced into marrying him.
Chivon
Aug 16, 2011 Chivon rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I love Brenda Jackson, but not really feeling this romance. I like the premise, its in a hospital setting and an intern falls in love with her boss. But something is lacking in this one. It just didn't intrigue me like a normal Brenda Jackson novel. I wouldn't recommend this one.
Bridget
Aug 27, 2013 Bridget rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I checked this book out from the library and I'm glad I didn't buy it. I'm a huge fan of Brenda Jackson, but this one just didn't do it for me. I like to read books that are unforgetable and this one did not make that mark.
Linda
Jun 29, 2014 Linda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
There was no drama at all! No consequences this was really boring! And is her name jasmine or Jaclyn?
Kyra Gates
Oct 12, 2012 Kyra Gates rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
short sweet and straight to the point. I liked it 4.5 stars. It kept you on your toes that it did. It was another roller coaster but the ending was smooth.
Kimberly
Jul 04, 2011 Kimberly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brenda Jackson has done it again. I like the first addition to the Hopewell Series. I can't wait to read the next book. I loved Dr. De Winter and Dr. Campbell's story.
Marie
Jun 03, 2012 Marie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was sweet, it was good, the hero and heroine were good for each other but it was not as compelling and did not move me as much as a Brenda Jackson novel usually does.

JACKIE GALE
JACKIE GALE rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2016
Debbie Irish
Debbie Irish rated it it was ok
Nov 29, 2012
Ivory
Ivory rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2015
Judith Esparza
Judith Esparza rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2015
HG131
HG131 rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2011
Lola
Lola rated it liked it
May 12, 2012
Tan
Tan rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2012
Candice Morales
Candice Morales rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2013
Goodread Bookreads: Book 4 1 1 Aug 05, 2014 02:38PM
  • Romancing the M.D. (Hopewell General, #3)
  • The Surgeon's Secret Baby (Hopewell General, #2)
  • My Only Desire
  • Field of Pleasure  (New York Sabers Football, #1)
  • Winter Kisses
  • Case of Desire (Hopewell General, #4)
  • The Law of Desire
  • Secret Attraction
  • Dreaming of You (Graysons of New Mexico, #3)
  • Chemistry of Desire
  • Living Large
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom
More about Brenda Jackson...

Hopewell General (4 books)
  • The Surgeon's Secret Baby (Hopewell General, #2)
  • Romancing the M.D. (Hopewell General, #3)
  • Case of Desire (Hopewell General, #4)